main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub <=*=> The New Sith Order =*= Return of the Sith <=*=>... v.5

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Teegirloo, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wanderguard

Wanderguard Jedi Knight star 1

May 15, 2014
    Disney will run Star Wars into the ground and milk it dry until there is no dignity or quality left to ruin. Then, they will move on to their next victim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Marvel has not been ruined as of yet, as I understand...

... But it is up there with the worst reboot ever.

3. Wanderguard

Wanderguard Jedi Knight star 1

May 15, 2014
    The new Spider-Man films? I haven't seen the second. The first one was ok but totally unnecessary. A fourth installment of the Sam Raimi Spider-Man would have been better since they covered the standard arc with the first three, and a fourth film would have had no obligations except to tell a kick ass story.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, the third Spider-Man did do a certain amount of damage, and Disney doesn't own the rights to Spiderman films; another studio does, along with Fantastic Four. Much like how X-Men is owned by a third studio. I want to say Spidey by Sony and X-Men by Fox.

There was a huge bust-up over the rights to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver over it, which why separate versions exist in the X-Men and Disney Marvel-verses...

... I know too much about this...

5. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    The Spider-Man reboots were fine. Better than the Raimi films, far and away. I never understood all the praise those films got, they weren't all that great.

Disney owning Star Wars will be great. Look at Pixar, the Muppets and Marvel. All three are shining examples of success since Disney has taken over. It bugs me that people think Disney is going to destroy Star Wars with all of it's spin-offs and wiping the EU clean. Just watch, it'll be fine. The EU was never meant to survive. It was written by folks to keep the magic of the GFFA alive after ROTJ ended. Lucas would have done the same and made 7, 8 and 9 himself if the Prequels didn't get puked on so hard by hardcore fans. He was bitter at the criticism and plainly stated he wouldn't do any further films. I say good. Give it to a competent film make with drive, ambition, vision and creativity. Lucas lost all those things when he became the CGI crazed mad tyrant of the Star Wars universe; surrounded by yes men, no idea what is good or bad, no idea where to go with a story (thus why the EU was drive by other authors, not him), has to approve every little thing so he can later contradict it, etc. He became the man with the golden franchise and believed he could do no wrong.

I'm not sad Disney took over. Not one bit. Everything I've seen of the Abrams SW film looks fantastic, from practical effects to huge sets. Looks great. And lets give Disney some credit; they've been entertaining us for generations. They aren't going to stop now with their biggest property...

Mikaboshi likes this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It would have been harmless for them to have set the films after the EU, at least, in my mind.

There is plenty of space in the timeline.

7. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The problems I have with The Amazing Spider-Man films is they are pretty much a petty power grab to ensure Sony retains the rights to Spider-Man for a little longer, I wasn't interested in seeing Spider-Man's origin again, and from what I have heard the second one isn't very good.

darklordoftech likes this.
  8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It was alright. Better than 3, probably better than the original. It's just the Sinister Six plotline. Nothing too complicated.

9. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Agreed! Disney has it now... forever.................................................

I was thinking the other day about how ...as excited as I am about the new movies and new series that are evolving...

I am from a generation only had the movies and then after years and years... the Thrawn Trilogy...and Champions of the Force...Along with Truce at Bakura and the Dathomir witches... Along with the X-wing and Tie Fighter Games... which believe it or not have a lot of story involved in them regarding EU.

This being said....is there too much Star Wars now? Are we being too oversaturated? Again I am excited about the newer series... I know many people are afraid of their EU crumbling...

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004

I don't see why they would. The popular characters, the nostalgic characters are the ones they are bringing back. The EU had to be wiped and it shouldn't come as a grand surprise to anyone. How good was it, anyway? Post Thrawn trilogy? My point is Disney isn't going to dance around 20 years of books and try and please everyone. Nor should they, instead they get to create their own "30 years later" story without the rectconning and the backpedaling and all the mishmosh of garbage that has been in the books for years.

So? Seems logical. Away from the X-Men, Spider-Man was Marvel's biggest property. Now they have Iron Man. And honestly, they don't care...the money lands in the same pockets at Marvel/Disney. They had to distance themselves from the train wreck that was Spider-Man 3; just awful. Eventually Disney will regain rights and guess what, they'll re-tell his origin story and we'll all pay money to go and see it. It's how this goes, lately.

Nope, not too much Star Wars. Everyone can snivel and complain that they're going to over do it and we'll be sick of Star Wars but every self respecting fan of the GFFA will see each one of those movies. Just like each and every self respecting comic book fan has seen all of Marvel's movies, despite the fact that there's a multitude of them now. We should see a new Star Wars movie every year. Give us more, more adventures, more story, more lore, more everything. Why not? They have the man power, lets see it happen.

dragonsith13 likes this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Speaking as someone who read the books until the very end, I acknowledge a certain amount was controversial but most of it settles down and is fine. The Yuuzhan Vong, for example. I expect Darth Caedus, the Tribe and Abeloth would be equally accepted down the line.

Iron_lord likes this.
  12. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    Definately, I just finished the reread of the Yuuzhan Vong complete series and really enjoyed it so much more the second time round. I always love FOTJ and the tribe so if Disney is going to create, as long as they have a good story that will be good enough for me.

Sinrebirth and Iron_lord like this.
  13. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005

I don't see why they would, wiping the slate clean gives them far more room to work and a lot more creative freedom. I am excited for a fresh start.

dragonsith13 likes this.
  14. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Lord Cruor. *nods*

I too am excited for a fresh start. The clean slate opens up the *potential* for something much... well, cooler. However, unfortunately as much as I'd love to have the story of KOTOR told in movie form with accompanying Anniversy Edition video game, and have the story itself retconned to make Revan the first Dark Jedi and the Rakata turned into the Sith species (hence Lords of the Sith)... and so much more... It's unlikely Disney and I share the same ideas as to what's cool. In other words, if they do tamper with pre-movies EU, I hold no hope for the new continuity to be any better, and given how much I love the ancient Sith already I suspect any changes to their story would be very unwelcome.

15. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    *appears from nowhere in a flurry of shadows*

Greetings my dark brothers, it has been ages.

Evil.

Mikaboshi and Sinrebirth like this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Greetings, my Chiss friend. How goes matters in the Unknown Regions?

As an update, the first novel of the new canon changed nothing more than determining that Depa Billaba died in Order 66 and one of the Jedi involved in the Rebels plot was her Padawan.

So that changed nothing more than confirming (for those of you who read Shatterpoint), that Depa recovers from her coma at some point. That was worth eradicating canon for wasn't it? :p

I also bought the Maul novel and it was... Surprisingly good, considering he killed a Yuuzhan Vong in the first scene. A Yuuzhan Vong, yes, I said that. Always good to see more Darth Plagueis, after all.

17. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    All fares well, but it can be such a dull place at times.

I've been following the eradication of the EU a bit lately(mostly from your facebook rants), and I can't say I'm a huge fan of it. While I understand why they did it, I'm not happy with the way they did it. I hope some things get slowly put back into the official canon once they get it all sorted out.

Evil.

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well so far COMPNOR, Seinar, Herglics and a chunk of old WEG stuff is back in.

19. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    I'm only familiar with WEG, I don't recall hearing of the others before. But I might just be drawing a blank.

Evil.

20. Tiksa

Tiksa Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2014
    First of all, sorry if this doesn't belong in this forum, but this particular Sith Lord (Whose name i just can't remember) has been bugging me for two days

This Particular Sith Lord has Long white hair, and if my memory server me right he was burned (Maybe to death then resurrected) and i think he was wielding two sabers.
    I'm 100% Sure that he exists because i had a couple of pictures of him, but now it's like they perma-deleted him, so if anyone knows who i'm talking about please tell me his name, it's been extremely annoying trying to find a picture of him.
    (It's not Krayt btw)

21. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Moving this to the EUC Sith fan club. You may have better luck there.

22. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    I have often wondered too,why did they reboot the Spider-man movies? I thought the original Trilogy even with the Third one was a good set of movies overall. The first two SM films being very good!Why not pick up where they left off...

Maybe someone can answer that for me...

As far as Disney running it into the ground...jury is still out on me...I saw a commercial the other day as my kids were watching Disney XD. Featuring the SW Rebels show. It looked pretty good for akids cartoon and the Sith Inquisitor at the end was a nice addition... seeing that Palpatine employed many
    inquisitors trained in the Dark Arts to do his bidding. So they seem to be drawing a good amount on the existing SW expanded Universe.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    So far only two things have been changed by Rebels and even then those two are really painfully minor, and are just filling in gaps in the EU for us.

24. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    Do you have any idea what time period he might be from? Because at the moment I think he may not exist.

Evil.

Jedi Knight Fett and Mikaboshi like this.
  25. DarthMarik

DarthMarik Jedi Master

Sep 23, 2012
    I keep looking at infamous Sith in the Star Wars history and I've noticed there hasn't been a Sith pure blood that is in the same class as Bane, Vader, Plagueis and Sidious mind you these are just naming a few. This kind of lets me down in a way because you'd think with the online Game and how the species has been featured that we'd get that one pure blood that sticks out and rises to become as terrifying and powerful of a threat as Vader and Sidious were.

It's kind of why I've been holding out hope that one will appear in the new films. What are your thoughts on the pure bloods should they take a more active role in the franchise?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.