main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Sth Bend, IN The New South Bend Fan Force Book Club has been created

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by vaderisone, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterDerek

JediMasterDerek Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2005
    Sounds good! See you and all others tomorrow at Macri's.

JMD

2. vaderisone

vaderisone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2002

Sorry dude didn't hear from anyone so didn't go and just read your update. I will send you my pager number on PM and then I can hopefully hear from you sooner.

3. JediMasterDerek

Mar 12, 2005
    Doh!

Oh well, no problem. I had a good lunch at Macri's anyhow. :)

Let's plan on getting together sometime next year. :p

JMD

4. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002
    We don't have to wait to next year, just better communication, the thing that sucked, I left the hospital and went to my office and just hung out ate a sack lunch from last week. Would have loved to go to Macris

5. WOBDZ

WOBDZ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Okay, so just in case you didn't hear yourself...
    [face_sick]

6. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

How did you create that face,

it was actually leftovers in the fridge at work from the previous Friday, I ues the one week rule from the time food is prepared.

7. garbagge59

garbagge59 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    i try to stick to the "one week rule" as well, but i do sometimes push it. luckily, i've not gotten food poisoning... yet.

8. WOBDZ

WOBDZ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    our rule is more of 2-3 days depending on what it is.

PS - I made the face by clicking on the "faces" link and choosing the green face (3rd row over, 4th one down) lol

9. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

Okay, so next question is were is the Faces link, oh and there it is right in front of me

10. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

Wow this thread is old. JMD and I met today for lunch to get things rolling again. Looking for a meeting in the evening like a Tuesday once a month somewhere on the south side of town?

Who is interested?

11. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    I'm always interested but do to my work it is very very rare that I would make a lunch during a weekday. I read MedStar part one a few weeks back, I am currently reading Children of the Mind by Orson Scott Card (who was going to ND as some point for a masters but never finished it). It is a very good series (The Ender Series) if anyone would be interested in borrowing it.

12. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

Did you even read the above message BDZ....it said a dinner meeting. And not some blue hair special like 3:30, I am talking 5:30 baby on the South Side so easy for all members to get there.

13. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002
    JMD I thought you were working on a date for a meeting in May, you had to talk to WOJMD about this. However if I am wrong please let me know?

14. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002
    JMD, I continue to bump this thread in hopes you will be reading it, should I PM you about this?

15. JediMasterDerek

Mar 12, 2005
    Sorry, VIO, didn't mean to disappear on you (Jedi mind trick? ;-). I've been quite sick the last couple of weeks (allergies begot cold begot bronchitits with a nasty cough). That and Grand Moff Wife's last month of pregnancy I've been out of commission more than usual.

Anyhow, my schedule is quite a mess at the moment. Needless to say, GMW wants me at home when I am not at work.

Things should come back in to alignment this summer. Thanks for understanding.

JMD

16. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002
    JMD to hear of the illness and I can recognize the significance of having a baby. Of course the ability to have a baby is insignificant when compared to the power of the force.

Would lunch work out again?

17. JediMasterDerek

Mar 12, 2005
    Lunch during the day will work. :)

JMD

18. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002
    will try to make this happen next week. I am out the rest of this week but I need to distribute your prize.

19. JediMasterDerek

Mar 12, 2005
    Let me know when you're available. FYI, baby is due at any time so I may disappear for a while.

JMD

20. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002
    Very understandable and MTBWY during this awesome occasion. Everyone talks about how hard it is on the woman but people forget about the man, lol :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.