main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

the new star wars games are hideous! stop it lucasarts!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by homeless_jedi, May 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homeless_jedi

homeless_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    i have been a video game player for a long time. I played the original atari, nitendo star wars games. Lucasarts. if you are reading this, please help us!. and stop making EU games. these games dont extite us!

here are the following games lucasarts has made since the comeback.

STAR WARS DEMOLITION..a game about the vehicles fighting eachother somewhere. please!

STAR WARS JEDI POWERS: its based on episode 1. but has nothing to do with the movie storyline.

STARWARS DARK FORCES: in this game you fight the stormtroopers. and who knows who your supposed to be.

STAR WARS: MASTERS OF TERAS KASI. who is tera kasi? sounds like sushi

STARWARS REBEL ASSAULT: its all about the rogue squadron and going to some unknown planet.

STAR WARS STARFIGHTER AND JEDI STAR FIGHTER:
    this game is completely EU. nothing to do with the movies. once again.

STAR WARS RACER REVENGE: its not in the movie. ok.

STAR WARS BOMBAD RACING. ..WHAT CAN I SAY?

STAR WARS OBI WAN FOR XBOX. NOT ABOUT THE MOVIE.

and i can go on forever. the point is. the last good star wars games were in the super nintendo. where you actually played luke or han solo and you actually went to all the places in the movies. dagobah, death star, tattoine. ETC. and it followed the plot.

and lucasarts does it again. they are bringing out more games..

THE CLONE WARS..after the movie. not even in the movie.

BOUNTY HUNTER...ONCE AGAIN. NO MOVIE GAME!!!

is there something against doing a star wars a new hope game? or an empire strikes back game? or do you guys dont have the rights?

THE REASON I BROUGHT THIS UP IS.because I just bought your jedi starfighter and i find out that your not really obi-wan but adi-gallia? and this game is not even about the movie. this is before. please!! stop the nonsense and give us a real attack of the clones game!

2. Andureth

Andureth Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    I agree. Lucas Arts doesn't make the games I want to play. All their games seem to built for kids/teenagers. The movies came out in 77 which means there are plenty of older fans out there who enjoy Star Wars. Hey Lucas, some of actually play games!

Endureth

3. fixer79

fixer79 Jedi Master

May 20, 2002
    What about the good games? Are you forgetting the oldschool 'super' SW games on SNES? And what about Jedi Knight and JK II: Jedi Outcast? They were pretty cool.

And another thing. Lucasarts gets the games on the shelves IN TIME. Unlike some companies (I'm not gonna name names...let's say uh... Blizzord) whose games come out 5 years after the initial release date. (Like uh... Warcrift III)

4. clucas91

clucas91 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    I have to agree with you there.
    We talk about Rebellion here quite often and I believe that this is the most underrated game of all time. Yes it is LOADED with EU things, but its difficult and addictive.

5. Millerxing

Millerxing Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2002
    I must be in the minority here. I enjoyed both Starfighter games. I thought they were well made, even if they were tangential to the movies. I would find it boring to play a game that stuck exactly to the flow of the movies. There would be no surprises, and it would be very generic.

6. CwrnPuppet

CwrnPuppet Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Yeah... your life sounds pretty hard...

7. Darth-Hannibal

Darth-Hannibal Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2001
    You seem to be ignoring the TPM game, which was notoriously average. The one time they do try a movie-based game, and it turns out largely ignored.

Why do you want loads of movie games? They'd just get repetitive and boring. The games forum is in the EU section, so I assume you're all EU-tolerant.

8. homeless_jedi

Feb 16, 2002
    to millerxing. so you would find boring fighting darth vader with a lightsaber on bespin on your xbox. or driving your luke ladspeeder tattoine is search of artoo on ps2.

how about walking inside the millenium falcon and actually taking controls.

walking trought the endor forest and riding on a speeder bike. how about riding a tautaun on hoth, on your gamecube?

or how about escaping the death star?

im sure with all this technology. they could finally make a good star wars game. based on the movies. i think its about time!

9. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    so you would find boring fighting darth vader with a lightsaber on bespin on your xbox.

Or we could fight other Dark Jedi with a lightsaber and have an ORIGINAL and COMPELLING plot at the same time.

or driving your luke ladspeeder tattoine is search of artoo on ps2.

That sounds so much more fun than Demolition [face_plain]

how about walking inside the millenium falcon and actually taking controls.

Well, we haven't had a walk through the MF yet unless you count that Insider's Guide thingy, but in one of your hated EY games you do fly the Falcon.

walking trought the endor forest and riding on a speeder bike.

Well, I seem to recall walking through Endor in a strategy game or two, and riding a Speeder Bike in a couple other games.

how about riding a tautaun on hoth, on your gamecube?

What the hell's the point? Look at me. . .I'm riding a Tauntaun. [face_plain]

or how about escaping the death star?

You get to do this in an X-wing game.

Pretty much everything you see in the movies, you can do in the games. But instead of giving us the same old thing over and over again, they give us different stories. What a crime.

10. homeless_jedi

Feb 16, 2002
    when i said escape the death star. i meant. actually leaving the falcon with the stormtroper outfits and walking through the corridors. rescuing princess leia. falling in the trash compactor and finding your way back to the falcon. just like the snes games, but just do them in 3d. damn how hard can that be?

11. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Guys, that is SO last year to bash LEC.

Look what you've got now:

-Galaxies
    -Knights of the Old Republic
    -Rogue Leader
    -Jedi Outcast

Just about all the Star Wars games since Simon Jefferies took over in 2001 have been decent (he took over right after that slew of TPM games was released).

12. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    I actually agree with Sithman (except for the Jeffery part - I know he was there during the entire Obi-Wan fiasco, which was March 00 - December 00 or so).

But really, most of the great games LucasArts makes have original stories. Dark Forces, which you say isn't exciting at all, revolutionized the FPS genre when it came out. That's just one example... I could literally fill your screen right now with examples of how wrong you are, but I'm too lazy to do so.

Basically, movies don't have enough action sequences to make a game out of it. LEC cannot use multiple settings in one engine (for example, to really recreate TPM, you'd need a flight simulator engine, a first person/third person perspective engine, and a racing engine all in one package - if they do that, like in SOTE, it will end up not being fun, and hardly playable). And TPM only has like, what, six action sequences? That would make a sucky game.

And even though KOTOR and SWG won't be based on the movies, they'll still be damn good games.

13. Master_of_Darkness

Master_of_Darkness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Attack of the Clones for GBA is enough. Clone Wars takes place with the most enduring war of SW history, KOTR is about the Jedi Sith wars, something very great. And, the movie games suck. Clone Wars and KOTR will probably be better than any "movie game".

14. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Dan, I forgot about that he was there during teh Obi-Wan thing (who needs Obi-Wan anyways?) but I was mostly referring to those atrocious releases back in 2000 (I think). That was when we got:

-Super Bombad Racing
    -Battle for Naboo
    -The Phantom Menace
    -Racer
    -Starfighter
    -Jedi Power Battles
    -Demolition

I researched it once on GameSpot a while ago, but the average rating of those games combined ended up being around a 5.5 or so.

That's more what I was referring to. :)

[image=http://bestanimations.com/Sci-Fi/StarWars/Emporer-01.gif]
    ~Sithman~

15. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    when i said escape the death star. i meant. actually leaving the falcon with the stormtroper outfits and walking through the corridors. rescuing princess leia. falling in the trash compactor and finding your way back to the falcon.

That be just like watching the freakin movie! Jeez, I can't think of anything more boring! If you've seen the movie, you'd know exactly how to get out.

A game like that would = SUX0RZ!

16. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Hey, just for the record, *I* would like an adventure/action game for AOTC, ANH, TESB, and ROTJ.

I would LOVE a game like that. :D

17. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    I think it's good that they make EU games, but it would be nice to see more movie games too, or at least games with movie characters (such as Luke in JO).

18. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yes. Good barns.

19. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    homeless_jedi, if you really want movie games, go to FuncoLand or get on EBay, and get a Super Nintendo and the Super Nintendo ANH, ESB, and RotJ games, or maybe even get an 8-bit NES and the original NES versions of those games.

20. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Well, you can tell that the newbie clones have definatley attacked (and are still attacking.)
    :p

21. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    One problem with games that are based off of the movies is that LFL doesn't let people edit them. So they may be fun for a while, but they have a relatively short hard drive life. For example, had TPM actually been halfway fun, that's about all it would have been; with no MP and no editing, it was just a five hour game.

22. Coligeon

Coligeon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 20, 2002
    I know how you feel homeless_jedi. I've longed for a movie based game on the OT too, but it ain't going to happen. Like its been said, the story is known and no surprises are bound to happen. Nevertheless, I still would love a game based on ESB or any of them. barnsthefatjedi brings up a great point about JO though. Luke is my favorite character in star wars and he is so underused in the games. JO has greating editing possibilities though, so maybe we will see some recreations of OT levels like the Bespin duel and the RoTJ duel (at least they better come out sometime). I had planned ot make some of these, at least the ESB duel, but the JO editor cunfuses the crap out of me ^_^. JO has so much capability in replay value. I actually liked the JO story too and I'm not a huge fan of EU. I agree with you though, a movie based story on the OT would be great, but the story is just known well.

23. homeless_jedi

Feb 16, 2002
    well the point is taken. but I dont play video games for story content. I want a game that recreates the films. with good graphics and great special effects. I have played the super nintedo games and the old atari esb game with the at-at's and the arcade versions are the best out there. so far rogue squadron for the gamecube is the best I have seen. but again, its missing the other parts if the movie. with all this technology we have come on!. i have been playing the starfighter games for ps2. and honestly they dont look like star wars, unfortunately those ships in those games look like star trek ships. makes me so angry.

24. Coligeon

Coligeon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 20, 2002
    Oh, I got one ^_^. Have you ever played the OT arcade game? It's basically like Rogue squadron but has ground stuff going on to. It's only arcade I know, but you evern fight Vader. It cost like one dollar to play though.

25. homeless_jedi

Feb 16, 2002
    yeah i play that one all the time. thats what i want. in that game you fight boba fett and darth vader and you get to fly the biker speeders and go into the hoth base. if only lucasarts could do that! damn~!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.