main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA The *NEW* Star Wars Trivia thread!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_sal, Apr 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Okay, so it was asked that we resurrect this game.

I think this petered out becuase it got to hard, so NO RIDICULOUSLY HARD questions. However, if it's something that can readily be found on the official site www.starwars.com then that's okay. But it has to be easy to find. nothing you have to dig 10 pages down to get to...

So let's have fun, and keep it relatively easy.
    BTW, if a question is deemed too hard by two people (please post that) then the person asking must post a different, easier question.

Once you answer you MUST wait until the person asking the question confirms your right. (Unless it is such an very easy question and an easy answer)

I'll start.

How many Star Destroyers chased the Falcon from Tatooine on it's way to the Death Star?

2. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    I believe the answer is 3. Han mentions that an Imp. cruiser is coing in and then you see 2 Stardestroyers and Han say hold on there are 2 more coming in.

3. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    Where Was Lukes Jedi aCademy located?

4. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    On the very same moon of Yavin, at the very same base that the Rebels attacked the first Death Star.

What is the name of the spice Han typically smuggled?

(Bonus related questions-where was it "mined" from? what did the spice do? and how could it be rendered usless?)
    None of the bonus questions need to be answered, just the first regular question.

5. Bwahl-the-Hutt

Bwahl-the-Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    Glitterstim, from the mines of Kessel. If exposed to light, it became useless. Correct?

6. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    You are correct sir. (but what did the spice do?)
    Ask away...

BTW, where have you been?

Anyway, nice to see you back. Are you going to Comicon? Read the thread pertaining to that. We're not just enjoying comicon but also a dinner after that, then a party in a hotel suite after that!

7. Bwahl-the-Hutt

Jan 21, 2004
    I wanted so much to go to comicon with "the gang" but I ended up having the kids that weekend, and can't change it. :(

Here's my trivia question:

What are the complete titles of the two made-for-TV live action Ewok movies?

8. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    The Ewok Adventure aka Caravan of Courage

and

Ewoks: The Battle for Endor

You might want to tame the questions down Brendon. This is supposed to be something we can just answer quick. I realize even my spice question was a bit hard.

So, am I right about the titles?

Why don't you bring the kids along? Lots of neat stuff for them to see.

9. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Glitterstim gives the user temporary telepathic powers, I believe. (trying to use my actual knowledge w/o looking things up :))

10. Bwahl-the-Hutt

Jan 21, 2004
    Those are the titles. I will tame the questions down next time I ask one, no probs. I based the difficulty on the guidelines Sal gave and the level of his first question. Sorry!

I'll just see from the next few examples what the level should be. :)

BW

11. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Okay here's an easy one...Did Greedo shoot first??? (JUST KIDDING) Here's the real question:

What was the number platform the Millenium Falcon was cleared to land on at Cloud City?

Bonus: Where was this number used in the original? (Episode IV: A New Hope for those who have to call it that)

12. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    it was 327.... and for bonus...
    was it also the docking bay on the death star?

13. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Yes, 100% correct.

Your question.

14. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    what species is Zam?

15. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Clawdite

16. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    good job your turn

17. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    I can't resist answering if I know it, yet I must find a suitable question that's not too hard yet not too easy. lol

At the start of AOTC, Anakin and Obi-Wan are returning from resolving a border dispute on what planet. (Bonus: Name the book in which this mission is detailed.)

18. Bwahl-the-Hutt

Jan 21, 2004
    Ansion. The book is Alan Dean Foster's "The Approaching Storm."

What is Beru Lars' only spoken line in AOTC?

19. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I could be wrong, but didn't she just say "Hello"?

20. Bwahl-the-Hutt

Jan 21, 2004
    Right! Your question...

21. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    I can't think of anything better soooooo...Where did Boba Fett make his first appearance?

22. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Okay there are so many ways this can be interpreted so I'll give them all:

The very first time we saw Boba Fett was in the cartoon short in the Holiday special, however if you are only counting the movies then...

We first saw him in Empire, then Lucas went and added him later in A New Hope, so that chronologically that counts as first, THEN, he makes him a clone of Jango in AOTC, so chronologically again, his first appearance would be in AOTC.

It really depends upon your point of view and what version of the movies you go by and if you consider the Holiday special as canon...

Well Stacie, which answer were you looking for?

I'm going with the cartoon, since that was in 1978 and was the first time he was revealed to the "real" public.

23. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    That's why I love that question, it's so confusing! Theres three answers that are technically acceptable, but I was in fact looking for the Holiday Special. Of coursse, even if I wasn't you would have gotten it right, so...yeah...your question...

24. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    What ship is the predecessor to the Incom T-65 X-wing Starfighter? (Must give number designation and name of base model)

(Bonus (not neccessary to answer): what are the names of the two manufacturers who jointly produced that ship?)

BTW, this is easy, it's referenced many times in the books and if you get stumped, you can always look it up on the official site (www.starwars.com).

25. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    *rolls eyes* Technical questions like that are not easy. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.