The *NEW* Star Wars Trivia thread!

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh, PA' started by jedi_master_sal, Apr 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    With every question that I ask, the answer can be found on the official site. As another hint, one of these ships was used by Mara Jade for a short time.

I'm not going to make them super easy, but two clicks of the mouse from the home page of the official site (look for the "database") should get you the info you need. We are supposed to be fans, not the average person regarding SW this shouldn't be too hard and it's not really a tech question....It's not like I asked: what is the length of the average Imperial II Star Destroyer, what is the typical armament of an Imperial II Star Destroyer, how many personel are stationed on one and how many troops can it hold, as well how long can it be stationed out in space before the need for a major refueling as well as restocking its inventory and what is it's nickname?

(As a bonus if anyone except Brendon (sorry but I know you'd know this) can answer all of the above questions in this post correctly, I will award you a prize worth at least $10 at the comicon or the next meeting-whichever one you come to) PM me with your answers.
  2. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    There's sorta a 4th answer to the Fett question. He was offered as a Kenner exclusive mail away figure before Empire premiered :)
    It was fun, I had this new figure and no clue who he was!
  3. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I want to get this started again so I'll give the answer to the actual question (not the Star Destroyer one)

The predecessor to the X-wing was of course the Z-95 Headhunter. Now of course that's EU and this may change in EPIII.

Okay, so anyone else can ask the next question.

How about we just keep it to the movies. No EU. That should make this all very easy.
  4. Bwahl-the-Hutt Jedi Knight

star 1
    Put the following original trilogy titles for Chewie in chronological order:

1. The Mighty Chewbacca
    2. hairy beast
    3. walking carpet
    4. overgrown mophead
    5. fuzzball
    6. only a wookiee
    7. thing

5. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    D'oh. I 've got them all in order, except I can't figure out where to put that hairy beast.
  6. Bwahl-the-Hutt Jedi Knight

star 1
    If it helps, the line I mean is, "I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me." (assuming I have the line correct, that is.)

Bwahl
  7. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, I know the line alright, but right now it escapes me as to which movie and what order it is in... Too much on the brain right now.
  8. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Garrrr!!!! I've got them all except the mophead one. How's about throwing another clue up by giving the entire mophead quote :D
  9. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    This is the kind of question I love! Makes ya think.
    Taking a shot at it:

1. thing ("Where are you taking this...thing?" Death Star Officer)
    2. walking carpet ("Can somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?" Leia on Death Star)
    3. fuzzball ("Laugh it up, fuzzball!" Han on Hoth)
    4. overgrown mophead ("Only an overgrown mophead like you wouls be stupid enough to-" 3P0's head on Bespin)
    5. only a wookiee ("After all, he's only a Wookiee." 3P0 to Lando after his choking)
    6. hairy beast ("I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me." 3P0 to R2 during Falcon's escape)
    7. The Mighty Chewbacca ("At last we have The Mighty Chewbacca." Jabba)

I think those are all right?

10. Bwahl-the-Hutt Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, that's all correct, take it away!

BW
  11. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    In the OT, how many actual planets are visited?
    Not moons, planets :)
  12. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Master

star 4
    Umm...I wanna say 5, but I'm not sure. Does Alderaan count? No one landed there, but it was sort of visited. If it does the, I guess it's 6, unless I'm missing a planet somewhere, which is probable.
  13. DarthGyos Jedi Master

star 4
    Was it 4?

Tattooine
    Hoth
    Dagobah
    Yavin

Endor is a moon. Bespin was a city.

Call it an educated guess.

BTW, hello Pittsburgh!

~DG~
  14. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    SW-1 Tatooine Death Star was a space station and then there was the 4th MOON of Yavin, so that doesn't count. By the time Alderaan was to be visited it was not a planet anymore and previous to that when the Imperials got there and blew it up, they had not broken atmosphere so they didn't really visit the planet (IMHO).
    ESB-3 Hoth, Bespin (Yes, Bespin counts even if they didn't land. They broke atmosphere-clou city was the floating city but Bespin was the planet) and of course Dagobah.
    ROTJ-1 (I'm not counting doubles so Tatooine and Dagobah are out) The Ewoks were on a moon so that too doesn't count. And of course again the second Death Star was a space station so no good there either. Sullust was mentioned but not visited. Now the only Planet then to be visited that's not a double, if your counting the Special Editions of the OT is Coruscant at the end.

So my answer is 5 based on the explanations above. If your not counting the SE then 4. (It's all about point of view...)

We've seen (again no doubles,) Naboo in EPI and Geonosis and Kamino in EPII and that's it for new planets not doubles from previous movies.

Can't wait to see potentially how many new ones will be visited in EPIII!

15. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Go Sal! Most complete answer ever!
    DarthGyos (I keep reading that in my head as DarthGyros lol sorry!): Hoth and Yavin were both moons in those systems.

16. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    If I was right at 5 then I defer the question asking to Stacie, since that was her answer even without the explanation.

She did answer that first afterall.
  17. DarthGyos Jedi Master

star 4
    Dex are you sure about Hoth.

Didn't Veers say "Comscan has detected an energy field protecting the sixth PLANET of the hoth system. It can repel any bombardment". (in Vaders chambers)

And Yavin-

"entering orbit around the planet Yavin. The rebel base is on a moon on the far side" (not directly quoted-deathstar, in a report to Tarkin)

correct me if I'm wrong

~DG~
  18. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    My bad! This doesn't happen often so mark your calendars :)
    From TOS: "Hoth is the sixth planet in the remote system of the same name" I had always assumed since it was referred to as the 6th planet in the system that it was a moon.
    The DS orbited Yavin, but the base was on Yavin IV, a moon.

Sal: I almost always refer to the films by OT or SE, so 4 would be correct by my standards. But if you guys wanna fight over it, I'm all for that too ;)
  19. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    No, no more fighting thank you very much. Contrary to belief, I don't like that.

Okay so, I guess I'm up then...

What name did the film crew use for the movie, when they were shooting ROTJ, to detract onlookers and the media from nosing around?

(Hint it's a two word title)
    (Bonus: what was the subtitle for this fake name?)
    As usual only the question need answering not the bonus.
  20. Bwahl-the-Hutt Jedi Knight

star 1
    Blue Harvest
    Horror beyond imagination!

(what I don't get is that the blue harvest logo used Star Wars style lettering, like the connected ST. How disguised was that?)

The Max Rebo band song in Jabba's palace got changed for the ROTJ special edition. What was the song's name in the original ROTJ? What was the name of the new song in the SE?

hint - the first one was two alien language words, the second one was two english words.
  21. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Lapti Nek & Jedi Rocks

(Sal: you stole my next question!)
  22. Bwahl-the-Hutt Jedi Knight

star 1
    Better come up with another question then, because you're keeeeeeeeeeerect!

BW
  23. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm....

How about a math question? lol

How old is Anakin Skywalker when he becomes one with the Force?
    (I'm on vacation after today so if no one answers before then, you guys will have to figure it out or get a new question :p)
  24. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
  25. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    C'mon, it's just like school.
    Show your work!
    :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.