main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **The New SWC Official Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus Fanclub** Count Dooku Fans Unite!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Rainbow Knight Star, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    SeparatistSympathizer
    Greetings, and welcome to the club. If you would like to be added to the roster, just let me know.

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Good to see you here, SS. :D

3. SeparatistSympathizer

SeparatistSympathizer Jedi Knight

May 14, 2014
    Might as well, RKS!

Thanks Cush!

4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Night all

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  6. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015

Sounds more like Darth Kanineis ... Or Count Woof-Ku! ...

Anyways hmm seeing as I am the Sith Camp and well I find Count Dooku unique among the Sith Lords (well for starters he isn't covered in tattoos, he doesn't have yellow sickly eyes like :emperor: or :vader: or well gets worked up and 'Force Happy' and rather just keeps an aura of calm and entitlement most of the time ...)

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. Mace Windu is GOAT

Mace Windu is GOAT Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 13, 2016
  8. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    I don't think Rainbow Knight Star is actively running this fanclub anymore, Mace Windu is Awesome. So I'd say just hop in ;)

Mace Windu is Awesome likes this.
  9. Cmdr_Gabe_E

Cmdr_Gabe_E Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2003
    OMGLOB, is this the latest incarnation of the Dooku fanclub? Wow, I was a part of the first one back in 2005 (almost 11+ years ago!!!) http://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-official-count-dooku-lord-tyranus-fanclub.20384558/page-23 .
    Love him then, and still love him now. Anyways, have been missing Count Dooku so much lately with all these new movies coming out, and saw this latest Count Dooku FC :D!

Way ta' go to keep the fandom aliiiive! Count Dooku forever!
    AAAAND we all know Anakin only killed a Dooku clone in ROTS (#headcanon, lol).

Anyway, here is me right now...Yeap, still obsessed...
    [​IMG]

10. Cmdr_Gabe_E

Dec 26, 2003
    Totes agree with The Sith Camp :)! Unlike most Siths we know, Dooku didn't have to overplay the "super dark evil bad guy" look. I thought he was kind of like a "low key" Sith. In fact, if Palps, Vader, Maul and Dooku were in a line-up, he would be the "nicest/normal" looking one (w/c isn't necessarily a bad thing). Who needs to look gnarly evil when you can get away with elegance, charm and a sharp suit & cape ;)!

Anyhoo, new Count Dooku merch :D! I'm excited to get my hands on the newly released (Oct 18) Dooku Tsum Tsum!

[​IMG]

Maybe I'll share a review of him later on...

11. Cmdr_Gabe_E

Dec 26, 2003
    Although, I didn't cosplay as Count Dooku for Halloween, my mini-schnauzer "Puppy" did (and yeap, that's her name :p lol). Already channeling her fic dad with that cape ;).

So before this year's Halloween night official comes to a close:

[​IMG]

Many thanks to my mom for making the Dooku cape for my dawgieeee.

Anyhoo, finally watching The Clone Wars and so freakin' awesome to see MOAR Count Dooku goodness. It really is nice to see more of him and get his character fleshed out with the movie & series. I've already seen the 2008 film and am currently working through Season 1 on Netflix :D! Really nice that TCW is considered canon.

BigAl6ft6 and Dandelo like this.
  12. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    haha that's awesome :D

cute pup!

Long live the Count!

well...[face_worried] you know what I mean :p

Cmdr_Gabe_E likes this.
  13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Did anyone else enjoy the Jedi discovering Dooku's Sith name in the last of Clone Wars season six?

It really shows how well the Sith trap was woven - the Jedi knew the entire Clone War was a trap by the end but literally couldn't do anything but fight it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  14. Cmdr_Gabe_E

Dec 26, 2003
    Awww, thanks, Dandelo ^_^! I love her to bits, and she was a good sport wearing that cape. Ah, I should have included my Dooku lightsaber in the photo with her! Maybe next Halloween :).

And yes, LONG LIVE the Count (and Christopher Lee)! Haha, in my headcanon, Dooku is still alive, chillin' and being awesome back in Serenno [face_love]. It was pretty obvious Anakin only killed a Clone!Dooku when they fought him in the Invisible Hand ;)! There is no way the reeaaal Count Dooku would have lost that fight! *nod nod*

Hi, Sinrebirth! Aaaah...So that's when they discover him as Darth Tyranus! Can't wait to see that 'revelation'. And yeah, the Jedi got played by Sidious real hard, but Sidious was also playing both sides, which was pretty unfair!

Anyhoo, about The Clone Wars, I'm in Season 2 now and really loving the show! I'm about to watch more eps tonight, woohoo! (Watching them through Netflix).

As much as I loooove getting more Dooku through TCW though, I am not a huge fun of how 'evil' and 'villainous' he is portrayed in the show :(.
    Like I thought he's being really evil in the show. This is kind of like how I see the TCW Dooku...

[​IMG]

In Episode II, he seemed more like a fallen "anti-hero" leading a movement against the Republic, and would only "get rid of" those who got in his way/plans/beliefs.

But in TCW, it's like he unnecessarily causes harm to others :(. Like in the "Defenders of Peace" episode, when Lok Dud created that weapon that only worked on 'organics', Dooku immediately wanted it tested on living creatures, even if it meant a colony / tribe of a peaceful species that didn't want to participate in the war. *sad sigh* He's letting himself become Count D!ckhead or Count Douchb@g. And there are also those episodes where he doesn't seem to care or show concern for Ventress or Grievous at all.

Oh, well, he still rocks. He probably just needs a hug [face_mischief].

Dandelo likes this.
  15. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Greetings, fellow Count Dooku fans. Thanks for keeping this thread alive.

I missed most of TCW, so I didn't get to see much of the Count in that style. I'm sure I missed a great deal of information concerning him as well. Right?

Dandelo likes this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    There is an awful lot to enjoy when it comes to Tyranus.

Especially when his master orders him to kill his secret apprentice.

17. Cmdr_Gabe_E

Dec 26, 2003
    Happy Thanksgiving, Count Dooku Fan Club ^o^!

Thank you, George Lucas, for creating Count Dooku. Thank you, Christopher Lee, for bringing him to life. Thank you, Count Dooku, for being so damn fine *heart*!

So what's better than 1 Count Dooku? 8 of him! (I have the Holographic Dooku too, but he wasn't with me at the time of this photo, so I actually have 9 Dooks ;)).

[​IMG]

(Maybe some spoilers coming up below to those who haven't seen TCW S3 yet...)

Aaaah, Sinrebirth, that episode! It was pretty memorable to me. Had so many feels when I watched it the first time. I believe that was Season 3 - Nightsisters! Man, that episode was a bit painful / bittersweet to watch, since you see Dooku betray Asajj Ventress :(. I felt bad for her and was so not happy with Dooku, especially with how obedient / loyal Ventress was to him.

One frustrating scene in that ep to me was the conversation Dooks had with Sidious when Dooku says that "She's important to me." (and I found it kinda sweet that he said that about Ventress) and then Sidious was like "...blah blah...you have to kill her...blah blah..." (or something along those lines), and then Dooku was like "OK, if you say so!". Aaaagh, really, Dooku?! You, just, like, told Sidious that she's important to you, then 2 minutes later, you're like, "OK, I'll get rid of her" :(. And later on, when Ventress asks for her master's help, Dooku was like "You've failed me...You're not going to get any backup. Bye and die.". WTFFF?! :( Plus when Dooku found out that Ventress "died", it's like he didn't even feel bad about it :(.

Er, so, yeah, that episode really got me into a pretty strong love-hate mode with Dooku. Sooo...In my headcanon, I just imagine a "deleted/hidden scene" where after Dooku tells Sidious that he got rid of Ventress, he lashes out in a fit of rage at the death of his prized apprentice, or at least, takes some time out in quiet solace (and sadness) to lament what he had done.

BigAl6ft6 and Sinrebirth like this.
  18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Sidious would have killed Dooku for treachery. At the end of the day Ventress was his secret Sith apprentice.

19. Cmdr_Gabe_E

Dec 26, 2003
    I'm afraid you may be correct, Sinrebirth! I am in Season 6 of The Clone Wars now and the scene below just happened :(. Waaah, Darth Sidious choking Count Dooku through holocomm!

[​IMG]

Anyhoo, on the lighter side of things, MERRY CHRISTMAS, Count Dooku Fan Club and TheForce.net Boards :D!!! Got my Count Dooku Lego Keychain about a week and a half ago and thought I'd do something festive with him ^_^!

[​IMG]

Trying to be in the shot with him in the next photo. He doesn’t look very happy to see me :p.

[​IMG]

I'm down to my last few episodes of The Clone Wars! DAYUMN, that Season 6 fight between Dooku, Obi-Wan and Anakin (where they discover that he is Tyranus) was FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!

BigAl6ft6 and Sinrebirth like this.
  20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I would have loved Dooku to try and overthrow Sidious in the show, Cmdr_Gabe_E, but after Ventress, Savage and Vos, one can forgive him for giving up on Sith apprentices for now.

Cmdr_Gabe_E likes this.
  21. Cmdr_Gabe_E

Dec 26, 2003
    Happy New Year, Count Dooku Fan Club ^_^!

Ah, Sinrebirth, yes, Dooku overthrowing Sidious would have been AWESOME! Kind of makes you wonder that if Dooku fights Sidious, who would win? Unfortunately, I think Sidious would :(. You should see the TCW fight with Sidious vs Maul + Savage!

As for The Clone Wars show, you really see more of the Dooku + Sidious "relationship", and it kind of surprised me how 'subservient' Dooku was to him :(. It would have been reaaaally nice to at least have a storyline or episode where Dooku does NOT explicitly follow Sidious' order/s.

Anyhoo, I recently got a new addition to my Dooku Collection (to go with the "New" Year) :D! YAY! The Count Dooku Mighty Muggs was released back in 2008 and I finally have one of my own ^_^! ! Woohoo! I love him to freakin' bits!

Haha, I just had to make a video (review, sort of) about this adorable chibi version of the Count...

And here's a photo of him. More photos of my Count Dooku Mighty Miggs (and a write-up) here :D.

[​IMG]

Last but not the least, it seems like there is some Count Dooku stuff in the Rogue One Catalyst novel. I have to check it out and see how/where Dooku appears there.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Rewatching TCW, Dooku is such a great character.

Cmdr_Gabe_E likes this.
  23. Cmdr_Gabe_E

Dec 26, 2003
    HI, Darkslayer :D! YES, HE IS! I love him and I'm glad we got more Dooku from TCW :)! And The Clone Wars was an AWESOME show! I still miss it! I saw it through Netflix and watched it almost every night!

I've posted here before that I'm not a huuuge fan of how "evil" and "villanous" they made Dooku in TCW, but more Dooku is almost always better than less for me.

My favoritest Dooku fight in TCW was most definitely the Dooku v Obiwan and Anakin fight in the 6th Season! Amazing!
    Another nice thing with TCW and Dooku is that we got to see where he lives in Serenno :D!

Darkslayer likes this.
  24. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    BigAl6ft6 Welcome to the club, and thanks for the info.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. Cmdr_Gabe_E

Dec 26, 2003
    Happy Valentine's Week, Guys ^_^! (Who was my date? Count Dooku, of course ^____^)
    Welcome to the fan club, @BigAl6ft6 :D!!!

Anyway, also wanted to share this delicious / awesome / amazing Dooku digital painting that I found in Deviant Art :D! I just love it!!! I thought he (artist LucasDurham http://lucasdurham.deviantart.com/art/Boundless-Ambition-654137493) did a wonderful job capturing Dooku's essence and elegance (and at times smugness -_-;).

[​IMG]

Me: Dooku, why are you looking at me like that like you know I want you...Because I do...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.