main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The New Trilogy: What do you want to see?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Green_Destiny_Sword, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    Now that SW is back and with a much needed new direction, what do you guys want to see in the new trilogy? A continuation of Luke, Han and Leia in the days post-ROTJ? A full series reboot starting with Ep. 4? Disney would seem hard-pressed to have full control of the franchise and never make one film that doesn't feature Vader.

I would love to see a prequel reboot and getting Anakin's story right. I am sure it will come eventually. But as long as midichlorians, which make the entire storyline of the movie illogical are written out, (which seems to be inevitable), it's a solid start.

2. Darth Scourge

Darth Scourge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    Episodes 7, 8 and 9 will be an original story, not adhering to any of the Expanded Universe events, thankfully.

If indeed the plan is to make other movies beyond the announced 7, 8 and 9, I would ideally like to see a wide range of eras being covered, including:

i) Post ROTJ (maybe featuring Luke training the next generation of Jedi.... but no Mara Jade, no marriage, no Solo kids, etc.)
    ii) Events between Episodes III and IV (the early days of the Empire plus hunting the surviving Jedi)
    iii) More live action Clone Wars... sort of an Episode 2.5, but featuring other characters and Jedi. Lots more stories to be told during the CW, not tied to the animated series or comics/novels.

3. LANDOROCKS

LANDOROCKS Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    It's got to be something along the lines of 'Jedi goes bad, Luke mentors new padawan, padawan defeats new bad guy' with a bunch of filler and a few plot twists.

Writes itself really.

4. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Wars among the stars. And Jedi.

5. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    From out of nowhere! Its nice to be back. Out of all the possibilities I hope that the OT is restored and put out on Blu-Ray and any further enhanced formats. Other than that I'm open to any new directions.

So as for the new trilogy, I believe Mark will be up for returning. I would hope that Harrison and Carrie would return. If Harrison is up for Cowboys vs Aliens then I can see him returning for Star Wars (but what about his fee!?!?!) C 3PO, R2D2 and Chewie are nailed on. I would like to see Lando return. I like many of the EU characters from Thrawn, Mara Jade and the Solo and Skywalker kids.

How will the films start? It will be different to see Disney logo not the 20thC Fanfare. Will Disney continue with the crawl? Will the directors name have to go on the front of the film?

For me the Sith need to return. We have to have lightsabre fights. But how? This could be tricky. Clone the Sith? I don't want rehashed ideas- no more Death Stars.

Boba Fett film sounds excellent and this could break the usual Star Wars conventions- score/crawl etc. Which I think is needed for any further films

Would expect the live series to be made and expect Clone Wars to be wound down.

Indy 5- maybe a deal could be made to tempt Harrison back to Star Wars.

I felt sorry for Lucas in his January interview when he said why would he make any more because everyone hates me. Star Wars hasn't been his property since 1980. We have all filled in the blanks and added our projections and I think that as much as anything sank the prequels. they could never be our films because he could never match the stories that we all created in our minds. the sequels will suffer the same fate. One thing I am certain of is that they need to smash the first film out of the park and anything less will knock the force out of the franchise forever.

The key thing for me in the new trilogy is the director: Top five in no particular order: Bryan Singer, David Fincher, Chris Nolan, James Cameron and Steven Spielberg. I would like Bryan Singer but I think he will be unavailable. David Fincher worked on Jedi. I doubt any of the others would do it.

Directors I would be very, very worried about: McG/Michael Bay/Brett Ratner/JJ Abrams/Joe Johnston for this trilogy but would like to see him do a Boba Fett movie.

6. Erk

Erk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Let Christopher Nolan do his take on Tales of the Jedi.

7. Athiest_knight

Athiest_knight Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I would like to see Peter Jackson take over.

8. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Thrawn trilogy.

Don't kill the EU. Please. I'd rather ignore the bad parts than lose the good ones.

Julius Vernon and LawgSkrak like this.
  9. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    No reboots. No remakes. Ever.

I want to see Sith, lots of them. Not just two. The Old Republic era would be perfect for it.

No Ewok kiddie movies, please!

No three things going on at the same time cut from one of the three places to the next editing. I want scenes that last, that you can really get into, not distracted by moving between three places every 2 min. Imagine if the Darth Maul saber fight had NO cuts and was shown all at once, MUCH better impact!!!

Get some of the people who worked on the Old Republic CGI trailers involved.

Hans Zimmer for movie score.

Keep people like Micheal Bay OUT of Star Wars!!!

10. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
  11. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    No! John Williams, darthvengeant

12. astropaz

astropaz Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012

Not as silly as it might sound. I feel a lot is going to come down to who is directing/producing it and that is the main thing I want, a good producer/director.
    Peter Jackson or someone like him(who exactly I'm not sure) would do fine, you need someone to be totally living the films and have a passion for them. I really don't want it to be Whedon, lets hope he can keep himself busy with Marvel. Raimi? Not sure, I love the guy but wasn't a fan of the SM trilogy. JJ Abrams, it's plausible possibly.

I don't know, the other thing I would like to see is going back to real life acting, modelling and puppetry as opposed to cg. Less is more.

13. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    Pirate of Rohan-Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

14. DarthCeltic

DarthCeltic Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2010
    Im not gonna say I told you so.. but.. I TOLD YOU SO!!! haha I knew the release of everything in 3d in theatres was a ramp up for more movies.. albeit.. I didnt see disney throwing 4 billlion.. but makes sense.. what this means to me.. is that we will see family friendly movies.. (ITS DISNEY) but it will hold true to a more adult tone (think tron.. and any other disney movie that is not cartoonish..) What it does open up is the resources of disney (money and ability to tap great writers/directors) and the special effects of skywalker ranch.. Im very stoked about this.. to be honest.. I think it will be good.. I look forward to seeing more shortly.. and i dont expect first part of 2015.. its gonna be christmas 2015.. or maybe even delayed.. but it will be an addendum to OT.. More people want to see a continuation.. without trudging through the eu.. I expect them to wade through and find some good points and add them in.. but not adhere to it... which is fine by me..

I have a very good feeling that seth green will be tapped by disney to oversee this.. just my gut feeling..

15. lavjoricso

lavjoricso Force Ghost star 4

May 25, 2001
    I'm hoping we get less in terms of CGI and more real old school sets and a lot of original trilogy imagery. I want to see Stormtroopers, old beaten up spacecraft and lots of flashing buttons.

16. Green_Destiny_Sword

Jun 20, 2001
    Don't be too discouraged by the Disney name. They bought Marvel and nothing has changed at all in the tone or feel of their movies. X-Men First Class is a perfect example of superheroes/sci-fi with a serious tone and edge to it. So I think Diney will put the right people in charge of it (like bringing Singer back to the X-Men franchise) and then reap the profits.

17. Green_Destiny_Sword

Jun 20, 2001
    I would much rather see a small number of Sith in a shadowy council. But with a real goal, purpose and system.

It's hard to believe in 3 prequel films we never got any real feel for the inner workings of the Jedi or Sith. We never saw Anakin even get trained! We never saw ny reason for why he was so vastly ahead of everyone else except for his stupid, illogical bloodcount (one of the biggest plot mistakes in film history). Same with the Sith. Why do the Sith think they can take down the Jedi when they are so severely outnumbered? What are their motivations? Just anything that can give a real story to these legeandy groups would be better than the dross we have been served up by the dethroned and dispatched Emperor Lucas.

18. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    If by this, you mean they aren't making any of the books into movies, then okay. But if by this you are stating AS FACT that the Expanded Universe is going to be completely tossed out and ignored, then....well please don't make assumptions. You don't know this, I don't know this, nobody as yet knows this.

By original story they mean they won't be adapting any of the novels to the screen, NOT that they are taking all the EU and flushing it. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Julius Vernon likes this.
  19. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    I want to see the empire to some capacity. i also want to see lots of costumes, less cgi generated people. New young Jedi, with an aging Luke. Stormtroopers, bounty hunters, and smugglers. I dont think there is a need to follow the continuation of the story verbatim, as much as it just needs to "feel" like good ol Star Wars. :D

20. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    Something new and interesting; possibly involving ridiculous numbers of Mandalorians. No reboots!

21. Darth Scourge

Darth Scourge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 4, 2000

Bud, you didn't burst my bubble. But I'll be very surprised if any primary elements of any EU storylines make it into the new movies.
    But ultimately, we'll just have to wait and see.

LawgSkrak likes this.
  22. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    1. They are cunning.
    2. They want power.

23. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i really don't want any remakes or reboots of anything star wars because that would be like spitting and stepping on my childhood. i enjoyed the prequel trilogy even though they weren't as good as the original trilogy, it was still star wars and it's something that will tie me and my father together. he got me into Star Wars, Star Trek and finally Stargate. so yeah no reboots.

yodasbum likes this.
  24. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    As for the New Trilogy I would like to see Luke pass the baton on to the next generation. it's what obi-wan and yoda trained him to do.

Julius Vernon and yodasbum like this.
  25. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    and then what? i mean you have the power, what next?