main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The New User Social VI: Return of The Chaos!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth Gangrenous, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    I love it as a throwback to the old boards, Ski. It's super-cool.

Ok, it's that time.....

Mission X completed by:
    CPL_Macja
    Bardan_Jusik
    hear+soul
    Jedi Gunny
    Mitth_Fisto
    s65horsey (I decided hosting does count, based on RL games- the person running it is considered to be playing. :p )
    Skiara
    If anyone completed this mission and wasn't included, let me know and I will fix it.

update:

blue knights need only complete the master mission of suggesting a mission for us to do on the off-site here.
    green knights are awaiting a master ceremony

Mission XI: Set a goal to do something you normally wouldn't, IRL or on the boards, and follow through.
    Suggested by Runjedirun

Teegirloo FairLili Whitelight
    p.s.- Mission IX is still ongoing, if anyone wants to acquire another mission point. This will not continue forever, so write it (remember there is no length requirement) and post it, if you'd like to.

2. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Mission XI... Okay will do!

3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Thank you! You didn't have to do that. I am on vacation and can't actually play a game though I am trying to keep mine going. I'm also judging in the Starfighter draft so maybe I do deserve it. lol

Ok so here's my goal and I'm not sure it will happen. So I'm in Maui on vacation. I've already snorkeled for the first time which was a goal, but a more difficult goal would be to jump off one of the ledges on a waterfall hike that I am going on on Thursday. So I will report back to see if that happens. I have a fear of heights so this would be huge for me.

Whitelight and hear+soul like this.
  4. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Hope you're having fun Sey. :D [:D]

s65horsey likes this.
  5. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Be careful, Sey. [:D] People sometimes get hurt very badly doing that. [face_worried]

s65horsey likes this.
  6. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I wanted to do that in Jamaica. My legs would not listen to the command from my brain to jump. I was so frustrated since I am a good swimmer and know I would be fine. I hope you have better luck!

s65horsey likes this.
  7. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Glad you're having fun Sey wish i was there.:p

s65horsey likes this.
  8. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    If it's safe- DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

My goal will be to clear out the rest of my stuff from the attic and CLEAN MY ROOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMUH :p

s65horsey likes this.
  9. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Sounds like I have a couple of missions to work on in the next few days . . .

10. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    That's exactly right.

:p

Just to re-cap the stories written so far:

from s65horsey
    The powerful Sith, Darth Insipid, finally achieved his goal of eliminating the Jedi from the galaxy. His plan was long and drawn out but with the help of several other Sith the worlds were now theirs. He sat back on his throne and steepled his fingers heaving a sigh of relief that this time, this plan of his finally worked... The teenaged girl slammed the book shut and threw it across the room. What kind of story was this? Why was it called the Crimson Jedi if the Sith won? There were a couple chapters left, but it all seemed hopeless. Surely the authors couldn't have meant crimson like blood and that was why it was titled so. Ugh. She got up off her bed and walked over to the book. She was a little embarrassed that she threw it, she adored books. Her gentle fingers lovingly picked up the book and held it close to her. The girl climbed back into bed and opened to the next chapter. Unbeknownst to the Sith Lord, a Jedi had survived and she had no intentions of leaving the galaxy in the hands of the Sith with Jedi blood on his hands...

from Mitth_Fisto
    Step into the light. The Sirens of Coudri yet sang, it echoes through space and time to the one destined to hear that message. It didn't matter who, for the who as time shifted and twisted, and altogether reformed through it's own possible passages through the narrow darting apertures that is the manifold present. All observed and all transmuted it into what it would be and distorted what was in their wakes. Through this one aperture was projected to the thousand faces that were the million possibilities for the personage that would be the one that needed to hear it. Step into the light.

Only it was not a moment that was sent to, but to a possibility of a person, and so all possibilities through all their lives yet these four words echo, these four beats continued to resound in their heads like an undying mantra in another's voice. All heard it in a language they did not know, and so it was but noise, it was but insanity. Some were institutionalized and some came to ends from distraction or merely a wish for silence.​

From all this sprang one who heard, did not flinch or waste away with it's repeating beat. One who from the thousands did not die was the trying mantra in their head. He stood as one and learned as one, and saw the Force as a vision of sound, eyes fading he toiled and labored under the One who were his masters from birth. Labored in the dark deep places that never saw the light. It was not until on Koriban in a tomb he was sent that he found the Lords of ole in their repose. Felt their blistering gaze and knew their curiosity that he was alerted to the true depth of the strangeness of his own mind. From them he was told to head to another, and from their Insipid found a tool, one to use and dispose of. It was from him that he was sent into the depths of hidden holocrons and ancient tech depositories. Only to find a sign upon a holocron that would not budge. His master unable to open it for now, always the now was added if one failed to pry the knowledge from such a device, that he tripped and found a crack. Listing searching he crawled with the holocron as his mind brushed it, it's echoes sounded upon the holocrons mechanisms. Each beat of those four words resounded, and the holocron shuddered open with each round resounding upon it. Until it blossomed and shown it's crimson light so brilliantly that he new the last of his eyes were lost. Only within did he learn of the owner, the one who was simply the Crimson Jedi, and through it the words translated and his mantra ended as he strode into the glowing red mental landscape spread before him.​

Insipid never learned what happened to a servant that was moving the holocron, or indeed what happened to the holocron itself. Yet a year later tales of a Sith that was not a sith, not a ONE, not a DRAGON, not a Desciple of any known, began to fight against them, for the laws of the lands he was seen in. A Sith that was not a sith garbed in red with ruby blade and empty eyes. Eventually a name echoed and so a creedo with this lone eratic: Crimson Jedi, come. . . Step into the light.

from myself:
    A sideways laser shower descended upon a garden, sprinkled with the occasionally recognizable rubble of statues.​

"A FINE MESS YOU'VE GOTTEN US INTO THIS TIME!!" a lifeless, armless woman erupted, staring blankly into the rain of lights.​

A small pot of ripped-up azaleas responded, "I seem to remember someone gleefully shouting, 'This looks like a job for the Crimson Jedi!!' in the middle of a somber council meeting about corruption and GENOCIDE!!!"​

Looking highly unenthused, the woman yelled back, "OH, YOU KNOW I'M NOT A GOOD JUDGE OF JOBS!" with her lips held fast.​

"SHUT UP, THE BOTH OF YOU!!!" The back legs of some enormous creature was perturbed. "We need a plan! NOT a game of blame-volleyball on DEATH island!!" The hind parts responded to its own remark, "I like volleyball!!" "I don't want to DIE!!!" "You signed up for the wrong unit, then, rookie!!!"​

A boulder piped up, as chips flew and smoke rose from it, "I have an IDEA!"​

"I must be dreaming," the azaleas grumbled.​

"Use the FORCE!" the boulder exclaimed. What followed was a long pause, somehow made even more quiet by the noise of destruction. ...................................​

"Are you an idiot?!" The azaleas, now not much more than a pot of shreds and dirt, were beginning to lose patience.​

"NO! The Star Destroyer! to our 10 o'clock!! It would make a BRILLIANT wall!!"​

A patch of flesh with eyes popped out from the foot of what was left of the beast. Then "They're closing!!!!!!!" was heard from said foot.​

I edited mine again, and it's still not awesome, but I will add more (as if that will help :p ). I'd say Sey's was the best, simply by way of the fact that Mitth and I derived so much inspiration from it. But Mitth's is killer deep.

s65horsey likes this.
  11. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Waterfall hiking is wonderful!! I would love to do it as well, but all could find so far is a dry waterfall hiking, which means an hike in an old waterfall, which dried out. Was lots of fun!! :D

So, have fun, Sey! [:D]

The next mission needs some creative ideas... there are some things I will do in the future which I've never done before and which I won't do again (hopefully), but nothing is placed within this week, so I need a creative idea. Plus, there's not much room / time left for extra stuff... my timetable is filled up with appointements with all the workers fixing the mold caused by the water damage, my work, packing for holidays and organising some small parties. I don't even have enough time for my most favorite hobby (horse riding). Does that count? Not going horse riding, although I do it every week more than once usually? Although it's something that I wouldn't do normally... I don't think that it counts. :p

Any ideas anyone? [face_batting]

12. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    It's very loose It can be anything, really. It can be that you make some time in the midst of all that to relax somehow- maybe go for a walk. or read or however you do that. [face_dunno]

Runjedirun likes this.
  13. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Need to think about it... Maybe doing nothing at all is the solution, since I'm always doing something. Never can sit five minutes somewhere without doing anything. :p

14. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Actually, I did nothing... Stood in the garden for more than five minutes and doing nothing. Ok, I've watched the birds, took a long look at the garden, resistet to put of green where it doesn't belong to and fullfilled this mission. But that's something I wouldn't have done normally - especially not yet, when I have so much on my shedule. So it was nice to take a little break. Thanks to this mission. We need to do this more often. :p

Mission completed. ;)

15. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    MISSION COMPLETE!

Today I actually started to sew my renaissance costume. I did both shoulders and one of the side seams. I'm very proud of myself for actually having the courage to do so instead of bringing it back to my cousins' and having one of them sew it for me. :)

hear+soul, Runjedirun and Skiara like this.
  16. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Instead of going down to my computer and starting to work on my essay after waking up this morning, I instead took a mental break and hiked around my neighborhood twice. I haven't done that in a while, so it felt good to get out and clear my mind.

Mission Complete!

hear+soul and Runjedirun like this.
  17. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Mission Complete!

I can't believe it took me 3 days to think of something. I started a blog *hides*. Something I have wanted to do for a long time, but have always been too chicken to do. Here's a link: http://runjedirun.wordpress.com/

hear+soul and Jedi Gunny like this.
  18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Here's is my Mission IX:

All seemed well on the annual Crimson Jedi Picnic. No, not the Teddy Bear Picnic, because it certainly wasn’t the kind of day that teddy bears would find appealing to sit out and eat on. The rain came down steadily in sheets as the Crimson Jedi walked up to the ridge at the top of the hill, beyond the golden sun that had long since disappeared from the sky.

“Well this sucks,” said the first member, who was always the “Captain Obvious” of the operation. “Another fine mess you’ve gotten us into, Virgil.”

Virgil Facepalmus, who was always slapping a palm to his face, did his trademark move. “I had no idea it was going to rain like this. Had I known, we would have had an indoor picnic.”

“Yeah, whatever,” said the chatty Jedi known only as “Chatty Cathy”. She always seemed to talk a mile-a-minute, and was always cynical of what Virgil said. Of course, everyone was cynical of Virgil and his trademark move, but Cathy more than the others.

“I say, is that a tree over there?” asked the fourth member of the group, the wise old sage known as “Tim”. Now, Tim was definitely not extremely old, and not quite an enchanter . . . well, unless all Jedi could be considered enchanters, because of the Force and its odd abilities that allowed for quite a few odd things . . . oh hey, a squirrel!

Anyways, Tim had pointed the group over to the Ticket Oak, which had somehow leapt out of the StubHub commercial directly into this story in a blatant promotional gig for the ticket vending company. As soon as they approached, the Oak offered them tickets to that evening’s game, but no on partook because they were going on this picnic today, and didn’t have time to watch sports this evening because they had designated Fridays as Super Smash Bros. nights. So, to keep on track, they sat down below the Ticket Oak and began to unpack their lunch. However, it didn’t take long for them to see that most of the food was gone.

So they blamed the last member of the Jedi group, who was always eating. And I mean always eating. It was uncanny how much food they could stuff in their mouth at one time.

“You ate our food,” the first Jedi said. Virgil just facepalmed, and Cathy decided to chat everyone’s ear off.

Meanwhile, thousands of miles away, or in this case centimeters, because otherwise this story would take an odd turn that would somehow focus on the opposite of the Crimson Jedi, the Maroon Sith, who somehow decided that blatant copyright infringement upon the Crimson Jedi was A-OK when they drafted their original charter for the local Chamber of Commerce for tax purposes, would otherwise be the focus of this story, and not those who were originally intended to star in such an odd tale.

Anyways, I digress. The Jedi ate their lunch (or at least what was left of it), and decided to go sledding down a hill of grass. This left them with a lot of grass stains on their robes, and then the Laundry droid back at the temple got annoyed by the terrible amount of washing it took to get the stains out, so it quit its job and went off to Australia to start teaching kindergarten.

All the while, Virgil just facepalmed. Another perfect Crimson Jedi day complete.

Mission Complete!

hear+soul and Runjedirun like this.
  19. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Does being the e-bachelorette and already participating in the sfd count? :p Too busy to sign up for more

And I sort of did the goal mission... got invited to see Gatsby with a friend tomorrow but I hadn't read the book so I said I'd read it before we went and I finished it earlier today :D

BultarSwan, hear+soul and Runjedirun like this.
  20. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Mission Accomplished. I actually jumped from higher up but I need to edit the video because the girl videoed everything and it took me awhile to climb up and then talk myself into jumping. So when I get home I'll edit it and then post the higher jump too. Those on facebook may be able to see it sooner if it loads.

Sey jumps off the lower rock

21. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Good job Sey that looks like fun.:D

s65horsey likes this.
  22. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Awesome job Sey!

s65horsey likes this.
  23. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I went through two tubs of old files and sorted through them all, shredded what needed shredded and condensed it down from two large tubs to a small box of files. I've never done that before for my old school files (it showed as it took most of the day), and I doubt I shall ever again as I cannot condense it more without throwing the whole lot away :p

MISSION COMPLETE!

BultarSwan and hear+soul like this.
  24. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    Yeah I'll count that.

I can't stop reading everything in Mitch Hedberg's voice. My friend just told me about him today and I've watched a bunch of videos. so funny.

Great job everybody!!!!!!!! :D

BultarSwan likes this.
  25. Whitelight

Whitelight Jedi Master star 4

Aug 10, 2007
    Waves hit the shore line, was it water that was being heard only time would tell. In the rustle of what one would think of when wind pick up leaves that would rip off the very life giver of these leaves. There floating down was a crimson color there stood jedi that guarded what look to be a would box just what this mission of their. Only the ones that could use all their senses that was granted to them through the force could one find out. As the light that seem so bright earlier be letting its light fade out. No one would care or would there be one to care what happen to the out come of the beautiful craved box that seem to have lots of pictures that seem to go into details of what was before the time, what was still to come.

I hope this was what was wanted I'm still trying to figure this out here.

s65horsey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.