main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The New User Social VI: Return of The Chaos!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth Gangrenous, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Mission completed! :D ;)

The party went very well - even better than thought. :D

Have a good move, Mitth! And don't worry if there a some boxes still left after a few weeks. That's normal. And also normal if those boxes stays there for some months. :p

See you sooner, hopefully! :D

2. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Mission XVI:

Day 1: Corran Horn
    First Corran and I would have a romantic breakfast in b...umm ok fine PG rated. I would probably spend most of the day gushing about how much I adored him. He would fly me up into space, giving me some pointers on piloting as we go. We'd go gambling on the Errant Venture. Next we'd meet up with Booster and Mirax to have lunch and try some Whyren's reserve. Next we'd go to a secluded spot and work on some Jedi meditation. I would also love to experience on of his force illusions so we'd probably do that as well.

Day 2: Cade Skywalker
    Cade, Syn, Deliah and myself would head out to a club. We'd dance, do shots and probably get into a bar fight before slipping out of there in the nick of time aboard the Mynock where I'd get to meet R2-D2. The four of us would sit down as we travel through hyperspace (destination unknown) and listen to stories from the past that R2-D2 would tell us. They'd teach me to play sabaac after that and we'd probably end up drunk.

hear+soul and Runjedirun like this.
  3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Part One: Yoda

First off, I would pick Yoda's mind about the finer aspects of the Force to understand it better (although my patience, like Luke's, might be a little limited after a while :p). Then I would ask him for some physical fitness tips on how to do a Jedi workout, because they seem remarkably in shape considering that we've seen them sit around all day. Thirdly, I would try some of his Dagobah cuisine, and make it like Food Channel programming. Fourth, I would ask him to give me some pointers on how to utilize the Force and lift objects, and lastly we would take a hike through some of the swamp marshes.

Part Two: R2-D2

First off, I would listen to R2 regale stories of his past, including all the stuff he's done in the films. Then I would play him at a game of whatever it was in the Falcon in Episode 4, and probably lose :p, thirdly we would hack into an Imperial database and cause havoc to occur, fourth I would probably meet C-3PO, who I then could pump for a few stories of his own, and lastly I would try a tug-of-war match with R2's robotic claw (a la Yoda and the lamp).

Mission Complete!

hear+soul likes this.
  4. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    And you call yourself a Star Wars fan! Gah!

Dejarik! Mr. Google is your friend!

hear+soul likes this.
  5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Hey, I just got back from an all-day field trip, so the fact I'm here right now should count for something.

hear+soul likes this.
  6. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    Runjedirun 10 miles???? WOAH! Yeah flying would be a must. :cool:

Whitelight Congratulations!!!!!!!! [face_dancing]That is awesome. I'm glad to hear your mom is doing better, but sorry to hear she's still in pain and that it will take some more time to recover. I will keep praying for her.

btw- that (while a great completion!) is last weeks mission. I'll count it because your life has been crazy- and it's just fun stuff anyway. but the current mission going down is how you would spend the day with 2 sw characters. Like this:

Vader
    1-hang out in the egg room
    2-eat with him (because how does he do it?)
    3-learn about the buttons on his armor and what all is in the egg room, anyhow
    4-just observe what a day for him is like and how he is treated
    5-ask him about the 20 years between III and IV even though I know some and it's probly mostly boring. :p

Obi-Wan
    1-ask him about the 20 years he was just chillin in the desert.
    2-jedi mind trick pranks all day :p
    3-ask him what the heck was that noise, bro?
    4-I mean, mostly I would just ask a bunch of questions and try and get wisdom out of the man. He/Alec Guiness just seems like a real wise, chill dude. So, I would just spend the day with him in conversation and observation of his day. I just think a day in the life of these two guys would be very interesting (although probably, once again, somewhat boring. :p but the conversations would fix those parts!)
    5-construct a new lightsaber (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Jedi Gunny oh yeah!!!!! Dejarik would be so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

watching a holo, as mentioned by runner, I believe, would also be super awesome.

7. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I love to run. Because I have been doing it so long 10 miles used to be nothing for me. After I have the baby I'll begin working my way back to that kinda distance, because running is my happy place :)

hear+soul likes this.
  8. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Day One: Han Solo. I bet he has a lot of great stories and I would just love to egg him on! I could see a whole day of just that, taking a walk, maybe grabbing a bite.

Day Two: Wes Janson. I can't tell you everything we'd do, but probably go boating, play pranks on people and... stuff. *blushes* Anyways! All sorts of stories of pranks on ranking officers/Wedge/friends/Wedge.

Day Three: A Jedi Diathim. I'm very curious about the Diathim and have a history playing alongside one in a years-gone rpg. It might be interesting to see what they are 'really like'. I can't imagine the mystery and beauty of such a creature. How would they sound? What would they look like exactly? I would love to play anthropologist.

Mission Complete!

hear+soul likes this.
  9. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Since I need to stay awake, this seems like a good thing to think about...

Day 1: Rogue Squadron

Not a person I suppose but if I could spend a day with any of them it'd go about the same. Obviously if this is in-universe I'd want to run sims against or with them (and lose) and afterwards pick their brains on technique and strategy. I love learning so anything they were willing to teach would be great fun. I'd probably ask how they handle losing friends and the neverending combat, though that's more out of an out-of-universe curiosity as I don't think it's covered enough in the novels. Then to make up for poking at mental wounds we'd go out for drinks and probably get into some sort of trouble, and have to get bailed out by Admiral Addie in the morning. On a combination of a non-PG and PG note, while I'd totally sleep with nearly any member of Rogue Squadron, I'd probably mostly want to give them a hug and maybe some cuddling if they're into that. Maybe while we're stuck in jail overnight :p If I had to pick one Rogue it'd be Wes Janson, because since I first read the x-wing series I've had two burning questions about or for him, and also he's my favourite.

Day 2: Talon Karrde

What wouldn't I do to- er, with him. I'd just want to follow him around, watch him work, learn from the best. Seeing how his organisation ran would be enough, but of course a thought-provoking discussion over dinner would definitely be in the cards. Speaking if cards, I expect to lose to him at sabaac and end up indebted to him and have to work for his organisation indefinitely to pay it back :p not that I'd mind...

hear+soul and BultarSwan like this.
  10. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    BultarSwan Darth Gangrenous

Hey everyone! Crimson Jedi discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm thinking of altering the ranking system in a few ways and would like your thoughts on it. Council has final word but your contributions will be considered with equal measure.

I am beginning to think and agree with what has been stated before that yes, mastership is a bit too quick. Also, it seems Knighthood might be made to have more significance.

And it seems we have an issue of, when we get new recruits, some fall away quickly. Perhaps we should have a 3-5 mission initiation period before you get knighted, as this way our knights wouldn't be full of people that don't participate, as those people would probably not make it to knight (some of those people are old-timers who have certainly earned their stripes as CJ in the past and would like to remain on the roster but are not very active now). And maybe we should have a padawan/master system in place for that... just more like being tagged to a buddy/friend to check in and see if they need help with anything or with the mission. Unfortunately, this clashes with my idea of getting in on equal footing as everyone, but perhaps that has more to do with the way we treat each other.

I'd also like to bump the master missions up regardless, so it's looking like this:

Initiate/Padawan I-III (3 missions then Knight promotion)
    Knight III-X
    Master X-XX
    Grandmaster XX-XXX
    [for fun- ideas for names for further advancement please feel free to contribute!
    I quite like King/Queen for L (50). XL I'm not sure what to do with... maybe Lord, since the CJ has a bit of a full-force flavor in my eyes.. like if the sith were reconciled to the jedi- and then some of their titles and customs might be absorbed- like Lord for XL and Emperor/Empress for LX. I know I'm getting WAY ahead of things here, but it's fun. :p Force Ghost always has to be the highest honor (unless we can think of something cooler :p ) so that would be LXX for now :p ]

Everyone who is already a master would remain a master/grandfathered in.

There would be no promotion mission for Knighthood. or, we could move the master mission to knight mission (aka suggesting a mission). this might be fun for a new person. and it's relatively small.

The master mission could then be suggesting an idea and a mission.

Grandmaster mission is a council-approved project.

Masters would be granted access to the council chambers. Grandmasters would be given an automatic council seat and vote, should they decide to use it.

The council would still be elected (our first election will be held sooner than later, probably after our site is updated to v5 of proboards). Perhaps the elected council would be given a weightier vote (like.. two votes- i dunno- spitballing here- maybe that's unnecessary- maybe being a master elected in is cool enough- maybe if your a grandmaster elected in then you get an extra vote.... *shrugs*0

Thoughts, Crimson Jedi?

We're kind of moving into phase II of our rebirth here... establishment. I want to have the rules and regulations, look and feel firmed up soon, and the first election will kind of be the official close of this time, when we are ready.

for reference, your current roster (updated for current mission0:
    Jedi Gunny Mitth_Fisto Runjedirun s65horsey Skiara Teegirloo

11. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Looks good to me. I've been working my butt off to get to Grand Master, but I'll just work harder to achieve it on the new system I guess.

hear+soul likes this.
  12. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    well, if this is enacted unchanged, grandmaster is a much more significant position, so I'd say the extra 5 missions would be worth it, by a lot. The privileges proposed here are ones I was thinking of holding off until the NEXT level, which would be and is still, here, 30. The progression was to be 5-15-30, but I think 5 is also too short to be a knight. Knight is such a cool title and it seems a bit wasted. Plus, I'd like the Knights on the roster to be CJs with a few (in this case, exactly a few) missions under their belt. The knighting ceremony would be cool (and simple) and would then make the master ceremony a bit more significant feeling when I post some of the past completed missions, since I will have 10 to draw on instead of just 5 (or, at least, 7).

But none of this is final. If it looks good it looks good, but don't be afraid to critique, evaluate, or contribute whatever you feel. It may not happen exactly that way, but I can promise it will shape the thinking here and the overall outcome, or future endeavors. That said, this is very loose, so if good points are raised, it's very likely this will change accordingly.

edit: guys I'm getting kind of excited about this. :p

Lord, btw, can be a jedi title [see: Lord Hoth]. I'm thinking, just reading up on titles on wookiepedia, Lord, then maybe Watchman... any EU experts have ideas?

13. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I like these ideas. I definitely think more missions to be promoted/get a title is a good idea!

14. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    Runjedirun what do you think about the numbers there, then?

p.s.- we're in queue for our board update- 554 to go! (we've moved up about 5 in a day, so... it's moving...)

edit: 70 pages since mission #1 started.. oh snap! It's tuesday!!! ok new mission tomorrow. :p

15. Whitelight

Whitelight Jedi Master star 4

Aug 10, 2007
    Day 1

Leia First would be to take her out to get some steaks and potatoes, then would would be on to girly things. :p

Day 2 Obi just because I can think of any other that can be like one those hold grandpa type to tell those stories full of wisdom. Also, I just love to hear about history through one eyes that was there, I would have to have this take place out a coffee shop don't know if jedi drinks coffee or not :p

16. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    The Star Wars missions went swimmingly! I think people had a lot of fun with that, so we'll make sure to keep those in the mix. Next week we're going to revisit the WNU. This week, it's a suggestion from Runner:

Mission XVII : Share a moment in your day that made you laugh.

BultarSwan Rebecca_Daniels Han Solo and the Rogue Squadron are super cool ideas. Han would be a blast to hang out with and I love the detail of your day with the RS, Rebecca. :cool:

Whitelight cool point about Obi. Yeah- it would be cool to hear him tell the stories we've actually seen, just to hear his spin- his view, like you said. But why would you take Leia out for stake and potatoes? :p It's just your favorite dish?

Mission XVI completed by:
    Whitelight, Rebecca_Daniels, BultarSwan, myself, Jedi Gunny , s65horsey , Runjedirun

Updated roster, pretty close to a second ago:
    [gonna arrange by points for fun this time.. tell me what you think]
    Darth Gangrenous Skiara Mitth_Fisto Teegirloo

p.s.- the new progression will take effect now (that means Knights III-X, Masters X-XX, GMs XX-XXX. Masters under X will have 4 weeks to get to 10 missions before being dropped to Knight, though those Masters will not have to complete the promotion mission if they are dropped down, just get to X). Masters may now access the Council Chambers on the off-site, if they wish. I will message Masters on the off-site with the password. It's not super-exciting at this point in time, though interesting (especially the old stuff), and much of this council's discussions have been via pm here, but hey- it's kinda fun.

p.p.s.- We do not have a senator in this thread, and, to my knowledge, we are afforded one. If any master would like to be our senator, the job is available.

Whitelight and Skiara like this.
  17. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    I don't think you gave me a point for doing the last challenge.

Edit: It looks like you didn't update anyone.

18. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    It looks that way because the last updated roster was updated during the mission. If you go back to XVI, last page, you'll see the difference. The only person who got a point between the last update and this one is Whitelight.

I just updated the advancement on the off-site if anyone wants a look-see: http://crimsonjedi.boards.net/index.cgi?board=training&action=display&thread=169

How is everyone?

Sey?

19. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I like the new rank & mission system. :)

I'm fine, but fighting an headache... not nice. So I don't think that I can complete the current mission today. ;)

How about you? :)

hear+soul likes this.
  20. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Headaches are the worst.

Feel better Skiara [:D]

21. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Yep and highly annoying. Plus people, who rarely don't get them, don't really understand what it means. :(

Thanks, Runjedirun [:D]

22. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Mission XVII : Share a moment in your day that made you laugh.
    I have far too many moments in a day that make me laugh since I live with my three year old nephew and my five year old niece. Today was the last day of vacation Bible school for the five year old so they had a program for us to watch and it was hilarious watching my niece try to follow along with the actions to the song. From the other day my nephew told us he was going to jump off the back of the couch and do a spin onto the front of the couch (where you sit). So he climbed up and promptly fell off the back of the couch. He caught himself on the top part of the couch which gently flipped over and deposited him onto the ground. A little bit later he stood on the ottoman and declared that my brother and his wife who were laying by each other with their head on their hand and elbow on the ground looked like a mustache. I lost it because they did indeed look like a mustache.
    Mission Complete!​

hear+soul and Runjedirun like this.
  23. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    MISSION COMPLETE

Finally a day with my son and no work = reasons to laugh.

First my son had a basketball skills class this morning. At the end of the session the coach told the kids they did a great job, then he explained that they pay guys millions to play basketball and even they only make half their shots.

Then this afternoon my son's future Kindergaten class had an organized play date. So I took a left on the street where the school is located and told my son strait down this street and you arrive at he school. He said : "next time when I am 5 I will drive "

Mitth_Fisto and s65horsey like this.
  24. Whitelight

Whitelight Jedi Master star 4

Aug 10, 2007
    Mission Complete

Made it out to the farm today, like any other day. There was one of my mother dogs in the house with two kitten that was feeding off her. It also as I was in the garden jump up as I heard a nose behind thinking it was a snake, it was one of mother other dogs. I sure I have more as taking my mother out to eat. Okay so three puppies are biting each other in the butt.

hear+soul likes this.
  25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Watched "The Princess Bride" again today, which was funny in itself. However, for some reason, I kept finding spots in the dialogue where I almost expected NO Cat to jump out of the woodwork and say "NO!". :p Yeah, that made the movie even more enjoyable, especially during the "darker" scenes.

Mission Completed!

hear+soul and Mitth_Fisto like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.