main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The New User Social VI: Return of The Chaos!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth Gangrenous, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    MISSION #XXV

In this mission we want everyone to post what their favorite Star Wars novel is and what it is that you like it so much about it.

BultarSwan likes this.
  2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I am so missing my book collection right now :(

It changes regularly as I get used to things it fluctuates. For a time it was the book Cestus Deception because of my intense liking of Kit Fisto and the alien mixtures were just too wonderful not to enjoy! Then it normally comes back to one of the original five Timothy Zhan novels, always a delight and after all these years rereading them reveals things I didn't remember from the before. They are really special and thought provoking. Although I must admit a guilty pleasure was and is Crystal Star, it is terrible, but yet good in other ways that means I always keep it in the top ten and bottom ten lists :D

Skiara and Darth Gangrenous like this.
  3. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Arrgh!
    An impossible question, you ask.
    For me, too, probably one of the Zahn books. Their brilliance sets a high standard for the EU. And besides, Mara and Thrawn, and Karrde, and Car'das...
    But then, I really enjoyed Plagueis, and the way it tied in continuity and still created a compelling prequel-era story...
    And Knight Errant was really fun (if unfinished in story terms)...
    And the X-wing books...
    And...
    And..
    I give up.
    *headdesk*
    :p

4. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm going to go with X-Wing Book #1 Rogue Squadron. I love all the X-Wing books but without the first none would have followed.

MISSION COMPLETE

5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    This is a tough one. I think it would be a toss up between the novelization of Revenge of the Sith and Order 66. I'll go with Order 66 simply due to it's Mandalorian emphasis. The prologue itself sold me on that novel, as it is a first person perspective from the character I took my user name from on these boards.

MISSION COMPLETE.

[​IMG]

6. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    My favourite book...

The RotS novelisation or Knight Errant. I really liked both, read them in a day or two. I think the RotS novel was I talked about for a solid week. :p
    I just like the writing styles and story. They both are very well written, kept my attention, and told the story well.
    The Dark Nest trilogy was the first EU I ever read. It holds a special place in my favourites for that reason. I didn't understand it completely at the time but I have read it many times since.

*~^~* Mission Complete! *~^~*

7. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    I think it would be a toss-up between Iron Fist or Starfighters of Adumar. Both taught me the importance of self-respect and how important it is to lead by example.

MISSION COMPLETE

8. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    An impossible question, you ask!

^need to re-post this from RC ;)

Although I've started with some and enjoyed reading them, I hardly manage to finish them. It's a shame, but RL came inbetween and then I forgot to continue. It's really weird, because they were nice to read, but somehow I missed the very last bit of addictiveness some books have. There are some books I finished, but they aren't on my top ten list, so I won't add them here. So my vote goes to the microfax Star Wars books. They are small and cute. It took me some time to get them, but it was worth the effort.

Mission completed!!

9. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I'd have to say that, as life has been drl with a capitcal D for a while now, my favorite SW book is 'Starfighters of Adumar.' It's hilarious. And Wes Janson is hawt. [face_love] :p

MISSION COMPLETE!

10. Donaldson

Donaldson Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2000
    Umm. Either Dark Force Rising (first non film novelization SW book I ever read) or perhaps the Hutt Gambit, I really like the whole AC Crispin Solo trilogy, I think maybe because It deals with the daily life of people who are just getting by in the universe, not just the leaders and great figures (same reason I love the x-wing series)

11. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Mine would probably be Splinter of the Mind's Eye. It was pretty much the very next Star Wars thing released since the original movie and the very first series of toys. I was 8 years old and was happy to see another Star Wars story, especially since at that time no one outside of LFL and the movie studio knew that there was going to be a sequel and I was already hooked so it fed my addiction.

MISSION COMPLETE!!!

12. Donaldson

Donaldson Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2000
    Just realised I didnt proclaim MISSION COMPLETE.

13. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
  14. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Ditto.

15. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    My favorite book is Shadows of the Empire. Not sure why I like it so much, but it bridges the gap between Episodes 5 and 6 and has an intriguing story with Luke/Leia trying to figure out what they're doing, and the whole Empire/Black Sun dynamic. I think that's why I like it, even though it's been a while since I last read it.

Mission Completed!

Darth Gangrenous and BultarSwan like this.
  16. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    MISSION #XXV: In this mission we want everyone to post what their favorite Star Wars novel is and what it is that you like it so much about it.

I, Jedi is my favorite Star Wars novel. As most of you know, I'm a big Corran Horn fan and that novel gives me everything Corran. Romance, Action, Drama, Jedi, Pilot and History. It is one of the two books I reread each year (Starfighters of Adumar being the second). The majority of the other books I read are written in first person POV and this is the only Star Wars book written in that point of view as well. I like the feel of first person better than other types because I enjoy being able to be inside the character's head.

Mission Complete!

(I'm almost done with my other mission too! Look for it this week!)

17. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    The following have completed the current task and we had quite a few this time. :D =D=

Mitth_Fisto
    Darth Gangrenous
    Random Comments
    Runjedirun
    Bardan_Jusik
    Admiral Volshe
    Mirax Terrik
    Skiara
    BultarSwan
    Donaldson
    Jedi Gunny
    s65horsey

Therefore the new roster reads as such:

If you find that I've missed you, please let me know!

18. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Good job everybody! =D=

Mirax Terrik and Runjedirun like this.
  19. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Not bad! :D

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm a threadkiller! :_|

21. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    [:D] Skiara there's just too many threads to keep up with. Unless they stay in the top 5 I lose track of them.

And Monday I go back to work. After that I can only be responsible for keeping up with the 2 threads on top.

And Limmie :D

22. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That means that I have to spam up this thread? So it stays in the top two? [face_devil]

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  23. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I can help. Spammer extraordinaire here :p

Darth Gangrenous likes this.
  24. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Spamming? Someone say spamming?

25. Darth Gangrenous