main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 'Newbie's have their say' thread.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Protege-of-Thrawn, Nov 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Hi all. just logged on and noticed a wave of newbie enthusiasm sweeping our humble little board once more.
    I'm glad your excited to be in here and posting DengoFett, and i can still remember my own newbie phase : a brand new world to explore.

But on the other hand, excitement is probably not the best word to describe half the front page being threads belonging to you.

So i formed this - my gift to you. This thread is for YOU, and any other enthusiastic newbie, to post whatever topics you wish to discuss, and we will all look in here regularly to reply. everytime you think of something new, just post it in here.

Please don't think of this as a criticism : I applaude excitement and enthusiasm, as any Australian will attest to. But this idea serves to limit the plethora of threads down to the one main thread, reducing clutter.

And all us other forumers, do Dengo and the other newbies the service of looking in here every so often to reply to his threads.

cya.

2. dengofett

dengofett Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2001
    Hey man im as good as GONE and I wont be back.see ya

3. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    So i can see. You obviously realise the ramifications of your thread and its rather conspicious title.

What was the purpose of your being here if your goal was to eventual leave or 'be GONE' as you so elequonently put it?

4. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    I think his goal was to see how many times he could type ***k in it's various forms, including the ever so charming(and recent addition to my vocabulary) ****ady.

5. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    I think his goal was to be kicked out ever since he began posting.

He thought creating many redundant posts would annoy us and get him kicked out, but instead we were quite jockular and easy going with such newbieness.

So he decided to try the more blatant approach...just a bored little boy trying to push the envelope...I tried to be nice and give you a fair go,
    but Dengo,
    It was nice knowing you...I'll just sit here and smile as you whilst waiting for the MOD's to notice.

6. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    I tred to help Dengo myself, after he inundiated the PSA forum with threads and EU stuff ( Oh they love it... ), but there's just too much clutter...

Newbies, post here with any questions.

7. UCLAJediMaster

UCLAJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2001
    who is dengo?

what did he do?

8. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Hopefully Bravo will see this thread as well. Poor kid is lost when it comes to EU lit. :D

9. DoshFett

DoshFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2001
    Hay dengo is a close friend of mine I wouldnt rush to judgement on him.You guys dont have any clue who he is.

10. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Sock of yours?

The guy has been a member since this month (only 13 days old btw) and has almost as many posts as me and Ive been here for almost 2 months.

The odd thing is he leaves and you show up shortly after his last post telling us hes youre buddy.

11. DoshFett

DoshFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2001
    Yes Im dengo tring to spy on you guys.Ive been his friend since middle school but this is his fight.

12. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Theres really no need to fight, nobody pulled their flamethrower out. It was just said, instead of cluttering up the front page with redundant/silly threads he can post his ideas here and have people read them.

13. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    If you were gonna make a sock to fool people, try making it a name more different from your normal one.

14. AdmiralZaarinsPuppet

AdmiralZaarinsPuppet Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2001
    I'm not AZ's sock ;)

15. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Oh shut up you silly sock. I hate it when socks develop minds of their own and start posting without their puppet master :D

16. wk_sock

wk_sock Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2001
    What's a nubian?

wk_sock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.