main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Newborn Star Wars fan.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by homeless_jedi, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madcaplaughs

Madcaplaughs Jedi Master

May 7, 2004
    Oh yes they can :cool:

2. majin_yami

majin_yami Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    I have a baby sister and she's already watched Star Wars. Although, I can't wait to see her reactions for when she's able to understand it properly.
    I will show them in release order. That way, the "I am your Father" line won't be ruined.

3. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    I'll show them when they are 3 or 4. My four year old nephew and three year old niece saw them when they were 2 & 3 and they love it.

I'll show them the PT first starting with TPM because it's the way they are meant to be seen.

4. mara_alexia

mara_alexia Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    For those who are saying that you'll show SW to your kids at age 8, 9, 10 or 11: it's obvious you don't have chidren yet!

My son is 4 and he saw for the first time SW when he was 2. Of course he does not understand them properly, but he likes them and he learns more and more about SW every day.

5. Battlemaiden

Battlemaiden Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2005
    1. At what age will you show him the films?

I am sure that he will be seeing them in some degree from the time he is born (since I'll be watching them! = ). However, the first time I sit him down and really watch it with him would probably be between ages 8 - 10/

. Which episode will you show him first?

TPM

3. Will you show him the OT or the PT first?

The biggie in everybody's mind. I would show him the PT first, because I would enjoy the shock of Anakin falling to the dark side, followed by the anticipation of Luke meeting up to dual with his Dad (and learning the secret!), and ending with Anakin's redemption. Plus, in some ways I think the PT is more kid-friendly. =)

6. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    I have 2 kids: a daughter (9) and a son (7). My daughter saw 4, 5, and 6 with me on VHS with Japanese subtitles before she was 6 months old (she was born in Japan...where I was stationed at that time). My son also saw them when he was very young. They have both seen all 5 movies over and over since and are both huge SW fans now (my son more so than my daughter...she likes the female characters the best). They both ask me about SW at least a couple times a week. My son is dying to get his hands on my vintage toy collection (it is rather large). Both went to the fan film Revelations premiere this past weekend and loved it. I wish I could have taken them to CIII.

So, I don't think you have to wait until they are 8 or 9 to show them the films. Who cares "why" they like them. When I saw ANH at age 7 in 1977 I'm sure I didn't like SW for the same reasons I like it now that I'll be 35 on May 19th!!!! :) Thanks again GL for the wonderful birthday present!

It's never too early to raise future SW fans. Oh, BTW, my son is constantly drawing SW pictures and making up his own SW stories. He said that he wants to be like GL and make SW movies...not be in them...MAKE them! How cool is that?!

7. FxxxedUpKid

FxxxedUpKid Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2005
    1. At what age will you show him the films? when he's 2.... sit down shut up and enjoy a peice of cinma gold.
    2. Which episode will you show him first? Episode IV
    3. Will you show him the OT or the PT first? Hey he will be two i doesnt matter ill just be doing it to watch the movies while spending time with my son...... he wont care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.