main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY The Next Fan Film?

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by VideoPrince, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    Now that we're finally back from SDCC, Larry has an idea he's been percolating.

He/I'd like to film better versions of 2 of the duels from the Bison's game (Order 66 and the Clone Wars), using multiple angles and inter cutting sort of like they did on the field, but with better camera placement than they did. They can be easily synched to the musical tracks with additional overlays maybe for a few lines of dialogue dubbed in. Does anyone know how to animate saber blades in motion?

Lisa is up for it (WOW, big surprise!!).
    Who else would be interested?

We'd need to probably go on a weekend very late afternoon / early evening, in full costume, of course. If everyone is there and cooperative, it wouldn't take very long, as they're short duels. We could use more Jedi and armor as available.

Any good dates for everyone in August?

2. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Depending on the dates, and if I'm in town, I'd be interested

3. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    Ditto for me.

4. StoyBoy720

StoyBoy720 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    I'm down. I'll ask some friends, see if they'd be able to do some rotoscoping for the saber blades.

5. StoyBoy720

Jun 26, 2003
    The only weekends that for for me in August are:

1-2
    22-23
    29-30

I know a bunch of people are doing SFX at the end of August so that would probably be a conflict for most as well.

6. Marko_Ragnos

Marko_Ragnos Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    Of course I'm very interested. My problem is I will be out of town almost all month. I am coming back on the 13th for a few days maybe a week.

7. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I may be able to dig out my Jedi and help out.

8. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    I would love to but dont have much dueling practice in or have a jedi costume. Although if I can get ahold of a jedi robe I could go as a wookiee jedi Tyvokka. Although will be out of town from aug23 to aug 30th

9. StoyBoy720

Jun 26, 2003
    The benefit is that since we're filming we'd have time to go back and try it again, so don't worry about not having a ton of dueling experience. I'm sure Lisa would be happy to drill you on it.

Though since it's been over a month (and even longer when we get to filming), we should have some sort of rehearsal, even if it's just an extra hour or two the day of filming before we roll the cameras.

10. DarthMayer

DarthMayer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2006
    I should be available depending on the dates.

11. JediKnightLisa

JediKnightLisa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2002
    I agree. We will need some time before the filming to go through everything again. My Anakin CW needs some work/touching up too before filming.
    Steven, no worries, I'll get you up to speed! :)

Most of the weekends in August I could do, except 8/22, 8/23(possibly), 8/29 (SFX). I do have some days off during the week as well.

12. StoyBoy720

Jun 26, 2003
    Weekends are seeming pretty crazy for most people.

Would a weeknight or two work better for anyone? I could probably make that work easier than a weekend at this point.

13. JediKnightLisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Week nights work well too and some days during the week that I have off. Please list dates available in the new lightsaber session thread so we can plan. :)

14. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I'd love to do it but my August is a trifle tight on the schedule. Plus, I just got my winter project for next years Bison's game. Let's just say I will be more appropriately dressed for Clone Wars and Order 66 scenarios. (wink wink)

15. JediKnightLisa

Oct 12, 2002
    :D :cool: [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.