main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "The Next Instant" An AotC Ani 1-post.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Bremerton, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bremerton

Bremerton Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Funny stories don't seem to get many responses, but corny and unamusing one-posts seem to, so I'll try one of those, just for the hell of it. This is off the top of my head, and quite short. Ridiculously short. Maybe I have talent, maybe I don't. Maybe you could tell me?

His fingers pressed lightly into the folds of her neck. Another fold and another he felt as her head came to rest. And it was then that the choice had to be made.

Icey drops of light pierced the thin canvas. Cavernous pinpoints of beauty against a backround of mortality and emptiness. Their dimness blinded him. Now his fingers felt the cold grains of sand press into her neck. They felt like boulders weighing down his arms. A numbness came over his whole body. It worked it's way from his feet to the tips of his hair and seemed to continue on until it enveloped the whole sky above him. He absorbed the night sky into his very being, locking away every star into the core of his heart. What had they done to him? Why were they so cruel?

Her head was pressed tightly against his chest. He could feel the outline of every bone, every vein, every strand of hair. His own tears he was unaware of. He felt only love and hate. He despised everyone but her. He had failed her. He had done all he could. He was not enough for her, and was no longer enough for himself. He was not good enough for anyone. No one wanted him but her, and she was gone. She was dead. He had killed her.

The fibers of her hair rolled across each other on his fingertips. They seemed to be the very fabric of life, yet they were as dead as he felt. The cruel irony, no, the cruel universe. Why did the Gods despise him? Why did eternity wish to see him cry? Why did he deserve to be the victim of such hatred? He had always been right, he had never done wrong, he didn't deserve it, but he must. Only an evildoer, only a demon could have earned this.

His fingers dug into the warm folds of flesh. If only his hands could stay there forever. But the flesh would become cold. He knew the flesh would rot long before day came. Her bone would erode and be blown away with the sands before the hour was up. Her very protons would be crushed under the weight of his pain within the next instant.

He had but one other friend. So his hands reached for that instead.

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    whoa, a great interpretation of such a simply poignant scene. Loved it!

3. Bremerton

May 24, 2003
    You'd think with all the people on this board that I could get more than 1 responce...

[face_plain] oh well...

4. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    That was so amazing! I loved it! But was "her" Shmi? Or Padmé? Either way it was very powerful and emotional!!!

5. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
  6. Bremerton

May 24, 2003
    Diamond, Now that you mention it, the only way to be sure that it's Shmi is from the title(AotC), but there are a few other clues. Glad you liked it.

Crystal, I'll assume that's a good "wow." 8-} Thanks.

7. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Wow, very powerful story. You have a talent for imagery!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.