main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX The next SW RPG event...

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by THX_Jedi, Feb 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Well, any Jedi characters that make the choice to go dark is really up to them, although I will say that becoming a Dark Jedi will make playing your character very difficult.

And sorry Chad, but nobody can be a Sith in this game. Basically, I see the Sith as the ultimate killing machines in the Galaxy, which is why they are so elite and rare (only 2 at any one time).

Occasionally, one may pop up in a game, but it would always be an NPC controlled by the GM. And if one does, unless you have characters that are just wickedly powerful, I suggest you run. =)

BTW, everyone who is playing on Saturday, speak up real soon, so I can plan for a way for your characters to join, etc. Plus, I'll need to talk to all new players about your character's background, and stuff like that.

Also, we've already got three Jedi in the game, so if you newcomers want to be a Jedi character, you'd better have an awesome explanation as to why you should play as that kind of character.

2. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    <Pseudo-British accent>

I'll be there, my friends!

</Pseudo-British accent>

3. JarvisW

JarvisW Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2000
    LOL Brian!

Kurgan, I thought we have 6 extra misc. rebs we just picked up so thats no prob, we just make them PCs.

FYI we already have 2 Jedi (Kurgan could/should we have more?) I dont want to dissapoint anyone so thats why I'm asking

We are using WEG version (if you didnt know) and there is still room for Wookies, Bounty hunters, Outlaws, Pirates, Mercs, as we have none in the group now and we have no Kids! we need to be able to split that bottle of Fizzy Pop! ;)

The group is 2 Jedi (of different types) Smuggler, Twelik Slave Girl, and a Tongue Tied Engeneer.
    And a yet undefined Ship as equipment. (that I am heavely in debt because of)

Ok, chew on that, Later!
    MTFBWY!

4. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I've got a surprise for the event this Sat. All I can say is that it is original, very cool, and involves Mark Hammil doing an impression of Yoda (very bad impression)

:D

5. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Mmmmhh? Going to Tosche Station was I. Pick up power converters I must, yes!

6. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Brandon,
    Count me in. Please call me when you get a chance so I can get prepared for the game.

This is most exciting.

7. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    Excellent. =)

FYI, James will be playing a Jedi character as well, so that puts us at 3 Jedi now. Well, two Jedi, and one pain in the butt trying to become a Dark Jedi much to the GM's chagrin. =) *jk, Brian*

Anyone else that joins in, like Jarvis said, please feel free to check out some of the other types of characters available to you. They can be a lot more fun than a Jedi sometimes. =)

Eric, I'll try to get ahold of you sometime tomorrow (Tuesday), okeday?

THX, I look forward to hearing the greatest martial artist ever doing his Yoda impression with great anticipation. Actually, there's a funny story about that. Apparently, they were going to just let Mark Hamill do the voice of Yoda for the Empire radio drama back in '83 until John Lithgow of all people tried out for it, and got the job.

It could be worse, I suppose. They could have let Christopher Walken do Yoda. I can imagine it now:

Help you, Todd cannot, until you call.
    Calling you are not.

Actually, that's too creepy to think about, so I'll stop now. =)

8. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    Kurgan...This Mark Hammil impersonation is just a very little thing at the end of something special. Remember that video we watched when you and James came over...you were out for part of it. Well, what would be the next video that would follow that one? ;) Thats the "special surprise". I watched it last night for the first time in 15 years...I found it at the bottom of a box of old SW toys. :)

"Your father wanted you to have this when you were old enough.."

9. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    Brandon, it's good to see somebody else in a mood. WOO-HOO!

You know, this is really starting to pique my interest. Perhaps I shall join as well. It's been a long time since I did any RPG stuff. Brandon, can you get me more info as well? Especially if there is to be an apperance by the ever elusive Morpheus.

<instrumental of "Strokin'" begins to play>
    OH LAWWWD! CAN I PLAY THE RPG, LAWD? SEE MY LIGHTSABER, LIGHT MY LIGHTSABER!!!!

OK, maybe that was WAY inside, but it's still funny. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! THE STREETS WILL FLOW RED WITH THE BLOOD OF THE UNBELIEVERS!!!!!!

I feel better.

10. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    LOL, Bamm... how much sugar did you pour in your coffee and on your cheerios today eh? ;) heehee

jk.. I like seein' folks in good, fun moods :) Especially since today is a good day to me, too :)

11. Sirikus_Willowbend

Sirikus_Willowbend Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2000
    I'll definately be there - as for my friend - he jsut got a new job and may not be able to make it so *shrug* I'm afraid I can't tell ya for sure if he'll be there or not, I'll post to let ya know one way or the other as soon as I find out myself =)

sorry i haven't been stopping by as much but robotech.com just opened up and I'm having to divide my fandom time =) heheh

sirk

12. scudknight

scudknight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2000
    I may show up if not to play, then at least to meet some of you guys.

13. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    You should come out to our meeting (the 10th), too. There's a thread about that posted by Old-Jedi...

14. jedimiss

jedimiss Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2000
    O.k. I was out fighting a sith lord and he got up on me. I used my mighty lightsaber to swing a forceful thrust at him. However, he ducked and kicked me off my feet.

The battle continued for about an hour. I finally defeated this dangerous foe, but...Jedi Mistress has a broken ankle! I am unable to attend the RPG session!! I have physical therapy that day. I shall return next time and may the force be with you!!

15. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    FYI: The map links to my apt has been removed. If you need directions just email me (email in first post).

Security concerns ;)

16. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    You having to fight off hordes of ninjas and vampires too? Damn, I thought I was the only one. =)

17. JarvisW

JarvisW Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2000
    Are we going to need more folding chairs? I can bring so we will probbaly need a few more or I guess we could sit on the floor ;)

18. Marababe

Marababe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2000
    It's been a long time RPGing for me. Was wondering if I could just sit in an whatch and then maybe join in? :D

Bev

19. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    Plenty of seats for everyone. Don't let Jarvis scare anyone. Enough sanity...well thats another problem. ;)

I still have all the beer everyone brought over last time. mmmmm....Guiness (I have been so tempted Brian) :D That doesn't mean people can't bring more. :)

I must insist on BYOW (bring your own Wookie ;) )

Sure thing Marababe...join the fun. I don't know if you exactly call what we ended up doing last time was RPGing. :) More like stand up comedy, SW style. :D

20. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    BOO! Scarey! *Count Floyd*

No prob, I dont have to work sat,(but I got the job with Global A/V!) so I can be there on time :D

MTSwartzBWYouze!

21. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Anyone interested in going to Deep Ellum afterwards (late evening)?

I have a friend who's filming video footage for the band Loop 13. And I haven't been moshing in a long time . . . .

22. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    Moshing? Deep Ellum?... I feel extremely old right now. You kids run along and have fun, I'm just going to stay home. Although I'm my day I was....one...party.....goin....zzzzzzz

23. THX_Jedi

Nov 18, 2000
    I'll go Nabooty...why not.

Nothing like a romulan ale between friends.

**romulan ale?? All Jeff's SW figures come alive and and sneak up behind his chair and bludgeon him to death with his unopened tape of ST 5.**

24. Queen_Tofuti

Queen_Tofuti Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2000
    Yes! The smileys are back!
    The wonderful, wonderful smileys!
    :D

25. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Whew! Thought I'd lost my directions to THX's place there for a second! Had to search my car for the map . . . .

Not sure of the details for the band, but I've heard their previous incarnation and they're loud and spooky and may remind you of the Cantina from ANH crossed with Hellraiser. Think they go on at 11:00pm.

Time to go play Starfighter for a while and watch one of the Ep's for background inspiration . . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.