main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 The next U.S. Celebration?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Master_Angela, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Master_Angela

Master_Angela Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2010
    Hi everyone,
    So I know this is thinking very far ahead of time, but I just want to be prepared. I am finally in a place where the possibility of me attending a Celebration in the US might actually will happen... I've finally graduated high school. I've finally graduated college, and I have a job now. For the first time, I wouldn't have to miss a week of class to go to an event, and I can pay for it on my own without needing my parent's help/permission.

I am posting this to try and get an idea on pricing and when to expect an announcement. I'd like to set a budget for tickets before they go on sale, probably this summer. Do they usually keep the same prices (for Master, Knight, 4 day, 1 day, I want to try my luck at getting a Master VIP) as past celebrations, or should I expect them to be more expensive than the previous one? About how long do they announce the next celebration after the current one? Should I be paying attention to the closing ceremonies at Europe this year for the possibility of the next US celebration announcement? Also, any other advice in planning for ticket sales would be appreciated.

Thank you :)

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Hi,

if you want a budget now already I would say it's a good idea to look up the prices for the last celebrations. They have increased a bit every time, but not a lot. The biggest chunk in the budget for me is usually accomodation. My first Celebrations I didn't stay at any of the official hotels, but on cheaper alternatives, depending on where that is that can mean a long way off of or just close by. In Orlando it's been well worth it staying in on of the collected hotels, but in Anaheim there were a lot of other alternatives close by, so it depends on the location.

This is pure speculation from me, but I will prepare for the next US Celebration to be in Orlando in August 2017. There have been rumours that they want to alternate between the west and east coast, so that should mean that Orlando is coming up. The last Orlando Celebrations have been in August, and that would time all right with the December release of Episode VIII, I still think they want to do the Celebrations in spring/summer and not in the autumn. This is just my thoughts, and I'm pretty sure that the official announcement will be at the closing ceremony in London.

3. sandra

sandra Jedi Knight

Sep 18, 2008
    Hi everybody, this is the scoop. STAR WARS CELEBRATION Orlando April 13-16,2017. Tickets including 4-days,single-day and VIP,Scheduled to go on sale Wednesday May 25, at 12:00 noon Pacific / 3:00 PM EASTERN / 9:00 PM GMT AT www.star wars celebration. com no price posted yet. May The Force Be With You Everyone.^:)^=D=

Master_Angela likes this.
  4. Master_Angela

Master_Angela Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2010
    So excited the next Celebration will be back in Orlando, it's honestly so much easier for me to get there than anywhere else like California. Looks like this is going to be my first official celebration. Freaking out.

jeremiahj13 likes this.