main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH The NFL Cantina.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon_Ludo, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Sean, look at the bright side... You lost by only 21 points, we lost by 25!!! ;)

2. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    It was only 14 points not that it matters. A loss is a loss. Cowher is the worst playoff coach second only to his mentor Marty Schottenheimer. Losing 4 out of 5 AFC Championship games is pathetic. Unfortunately the Steelers will never fire him so i'll probably have to sit through 3 more AFC Championship losses over the next 10 years before we can get a coach that doesn't get away from what got him to that point. The Steelers stole the momentum in the 3rd quarter and could've dropped the lead to 7 points but no...Let's kick a field goal from the 2 yard line when we are down by 2 touchdowns! Not 1 of those 4 teams that beat us in the AFC Championship was better than the Steeler team from that year. Cowher is a Absolute pathetic piece of Crap.

3. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    My predictions came true again!! I think I should start betting on football to make some extra $$$. :p

Now who do you guys think will win the Superbowl?
    I have to predict the Patriots will be the winner.

What do you think?

4. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    I think the Patriots will win, but I'm rooting for the Eagles.

5. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Oops, I must have stopped watching the game when it was 41-20 ;)
    I disagree on that point Sean...
    The Broncos team that beat you in '97 was superior... Elway+Davis on offense, and a bruising defense (Atwater, Smith, Romanowski....). Don't tell me that Kordell was better than Elway, please!!!! ;)
    But I have to agree, Cower isn't a very good playoff coach... You have to take chances!!!! Shanahan would have went for it, no field goal!!!

6. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I agree that the Broncos of 1997 were a great team but earlier in that same season Kordell and the Steelers laid a 35-14 whooping on the Broncos. Just like this year they laid a whooping on the Patriots. All of these seasons Pittsburgh beat the team they faced in the AFC Championship earlier in the season which is why I still lay the blame on Cowher.

7. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    His gameplan sure isn't very original whenm playoff time comes around... what was really impressive was the way the Patriots gamplaned you guys! Still a good Steelers run though!!
    What do you think about Burress possibly leaving?

8. Gwen_Amidala

Gwen_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    I say don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya to Burress. He's a whiny player who missed a good part of the season due to injury and now thinks everyone should kiss his behind to make him stay. I'll get off my soapbox now:)

9. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    I think Big Ben will miss a receiver of his size though....

10. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Big Ben was 5-0 without Burress in the lineup so either way I think he will only get better. I agree having a receiver of his size will help with the passing game but there are several guys the same size as him that will be free agents and also in the draft. I'm not as worried about losing Burress as I am about Bettis retiring or not being able to keep all of our linebackers.

11. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    True, as good as Big Ben has been, I think Bettis was your offensive MVP this year... He's still a beast!!

12. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Randy Moss is now a Raider, How fitting. :rolleyes:

13. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    I didn't like Moss before, I'll like him even less now!!! At least, we'll have the opportunity to see Lynch destroy Moss twice a year now :)

Free Agency starts today :) So many rumors, so many good players out there....

14. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    What do you think of your Broncos getting Gerard Warren? I don't know about that...He was a very underachieving player in Cleveland. I do think that if you guys get Garcia he would be a great backup for your offense. I would like to see my Steelers get another receiver like Housmanzadeh, Galloway or Patten to go with Ward and Randle El.

15. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Warren for a fourth round pick, I say go for it. Also, don't forget where he played since he got drafted ;) Garcia as a backup would be great, because he would fit the mold of our offense. We struggle big time when Jake isn't around because our QBs can't scramble!! I wouldn't mind seeing Ian Gold coming back to Denver if we really switch to 3-4.

16. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    The Steelers signed Cedric Wilson today to be their 3rd receiver. This guy is fast, has good hands, is a great route runner and a great work ethic. Sounds to me like he'll fit right in! =D= But where there is good news, There's bad news...The Ravens recently signed Samari Rolle and Derrick Mason. I hate the Ravens soooo much!!! Where do they get the money to sign all these guys? For goodness sakes let's see...Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Chris McCallister, Jamal Lewis, Jonathan Ogden, Todd Heap plus alot of other good players...How the heck are they not over the salary cap?! :mad: Then there's good old Plaxico Burress who still hasn't found a home because he is a very Greedy, Selfish, Lazy thug with no work ethic who doesn't care where he goes as long as they show him the money! [face_money_eyes]

17. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    LOL :)
    So far so good for the Broncos... Not a great offseason, but not a terrible one either... Warren for a 4th round pick, re-signed hammilton, and got one of my favorite player back, Ian Gold!! Now, I know we are going 3-4 next year.
    Now, I find Boston intriguing.... He could be a dirt cheap FA with possible great return :)

18. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    You could get Boston for cheap but he is such a cancer in the locker room. I don't know if you would get any results either. He's had only 1 good season and then he's been signed to big contracts and released quickly from each one. He gets busted for steroids and now that he has to be tested regularly instead of randomly...Surprise he can't even pass a physical. Plus if anybody does sign him he'll have to sit out the first 4 games that he can play in because of the drug violation. It's a shame too, He had such promise and ability and threw it all away.

19. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Hey Neal, You should just become a Broncos fan seeing as how the entire Browns team is being sent to Denver. :)

20. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    I like the idea of gettign Brown... But I hope his contract is filled with injury related incentives!!

21. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    OMG!!! I DIDN'T SEE WE JUST TRADED FOR EKUBAN!!!! WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO RENAME THE BRONCOS BROWNCOS!!! :eek:

22. DARTHAUDITOR

DARTHAUDITOR Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2003
    This running back better be worth the trade. Browncos, funny.

23. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I don't think Droughns will be any good in Cleveland. Let's face it...I could be the starting running back for the Broncos and get 1000 yards! They are hands down the best run blocking line in the NFL and have been since the 90's. Droughns will end up splitting time with Suggs and end up with no more than 600 yards.

24. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    I couldn't have said better... To me, it looks like we robbed you blind!!!
    A 4th round pick (traded for Dilfer??!!) and a system running back for WARREN, EKUBAN AND MEYERS!!! WE HAVE YOUR ENTIRE D-LINE!!

25. DARTHAUDITOR

DARTHAUDITOR Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2003
    I will agree that the browns have made some bad moves but our coaching choice was perfect. Crennel will take out the trash and clean the attitude of this team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.