main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada The NHL Thread

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by fingthething, Oct 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I thought it would be nice to have a place to talk about the NHL. Who are you cheering for (I know theres a lot of leaf fans) and who do you think is going to go all the way?

I think/hope Colorado wins the cup. I would love to see Paul Kariya win one after coming so close last year.

But who do you think is going to win?!?!

ALL TOGETHER NOW:

[Music]Fire it up, everybuddy wants that silver cup...[/Music] :p

2. Entil`Zha

Entil`Zha Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 1999
    I'd love the Stanley to come home, in its natural habitat.. Montreal! Go Habs Go

3. SarahSkywalker

SarahSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    I'm a leafs girl and am hoping to see them this year when they come to Boston.

I was saddened a few weeks back to find out that a member of the Atlanta Thrashers, Dan Snyder, who I went to high school with and watched play on our local OHL team (Owen Sound) was killed in a tragic car accident. He was only 25 and had just made the team. I didn't know him well, but he was a really good guy. As we see in the Chanel thread, it is so horrible when such great people with so much potential die so young. I really feel for the family and friends they left behind. As many of you in Ontario know, Owen Sound and (his hometown) Elmira are really small. Both entire cities were reeling.

4. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    Ya, its going to be a tough year for Atlanta thats for sure.

5. Sahiri

Sahiri Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2002
    There is an NHL Discussion thread in the JCC, but I'm all for another one... Heh.

I was born and raised an Oilers fan. Wahooey! Even though they're having a nice little skid right now, I still love 'em.

Ya, its going to be a tough year for Atlanta thats for sure.
    Atlanta isn't doing so bad right now considering the circumstances.

6. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    YEAH PENGUINS

sorry i'm a pittsburgh girl...i support my teams (heck even our cruddy football team)

7. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    Atlanta isn't doing so bad right now considering the circumstances.

They are doing quite well all things considering, beat Toronto last night. But I just ment that its going to be an emotionally tuff year for them. They are doing well (first in there division), but I don't think they'll make the playoffs. Still, you never know.

As for the Oilers, Bahhhh. I live in Edmonton and I can't say I like them :p They Really need Comrie back if there going to do anything this year.

8. Sahiri

Sahiri Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2002
    As for the Oilers, Bahhhh. I live in Edmonton and I can't say I like them They Really need Comrie back if there going to do anything this year.

Haha, and we can all see THAT happening soon...

9. NateTheGreat

NateTheGreat Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2003
    I like the Leafs, but I don't think they'll go all the way this year. My picks for Stanley Cup: Detroit, Colorado, New Jersey, or St. Louis.

10. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    St.Louis?

They are doing well right now, but I mean come on? The Cup?!? [face_laugh] :p

11. Lady_Jedi_Skywalker

Lady_Jedi_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    I don't really have a favourite team in particular but I mainly like the Avalanche of Colorado, the Red Wings of Detroit, the Penguins of Pittsburg and the Maple Leafs of Toronto.

Another post brought to you by LJS.

12. ivylore

ivylore Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2000
    Go Sens Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. NateTheGreat

NateTheGreat Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2003
    Jersey has been falling behind. But ya, St. Louis has a definate chance if they get another good goalie, like Cujo or someone.

Yo, Czerkawski has been doin amazing this season in NHL, after playing in AHL last year

14. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    woohoo another penguins fan

15. njocraig

njocraig Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2003
    I'm a diehard Canucks fan. Born and raised in Vancouver, first NHL game was in 1978 when I got to see that incredible Canadiens team with Lafleur, Robinson, etc. come to Vancouver.

16. Entil`Zha

Jul 9, 1999
    The playoffs are upon us, which canadian team has the best chances of going to the finals this year?? I'll always cheer for the Habs of course, as long as it's not the anti-hockey Leafs.....

17. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Any thoughts on the Steve Moore / Todd Bertuzzi issue that is still ongoing?

I'm not to pleases that the cops are getting involved. It's hockey, you know going in that you may not come out with all your teeth.

Sure it was a sucker punch, but I do not think the outcome was what was intended. It's part of the game.

18. In_Luv_wit_kenobi

In_Luv_wit_kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2003
    another die-hard canucks fan. as for the bertuzzi/moore issue i think it's way overated. it's hockey and if you're gonna play it then you gotta expect the worse. Naslund, our beloved naslund, got hurt a few weeks back, and badly. i didn't see anyone complaining then. One thing i can't believe is the fact that they have todd on indefinite suspension. and so close to playoffs. *goes off bawling*

19. Entil`Zha

Jul 9, 1999
    I'm a Bertuzzi fan as well.. just recently bought a Canucks Jersey our favorite #44... but after what I saw, I think it will be a while until I wear it again.

I know what happened wasn't his intention, part of the problem is that he [Bert] lost his balance and fell on him... or rather the punch he gave him put Moore unconscious, so he [Moore] couldn't protect himself with the known results. I still think the suspension he received his just. 12 games and the playoffs, as long as he doesn't get next season also.

20. In_Luv_wit_kenobi

In_Luv_wit_kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2003
    i don't think its just. we should stand by our man through the best of times and through the worst of times. if we don't who will?

21. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    If we used the same point system as we did ten years ago, Montreal would be doing a lot better right now. Only Toronto, Detroit, and Tampa Bay have more wins than the Canadians. As a team, they?re red hot ? no team in the NHL has done better over their last ten games, and they?ve been playing against some of the top teams in the NHL. Instead of being on top of things though, they?re seventh in the east, and a lot of people seem to be discounting them.

They started off the season as one of the worst in the league. Their record shows it. But in the second half of the season, they?ve found the way to win. They?re every bit as good as Tampa Bay or Toronto in my opinion, and they?re just as or more likely to go all the way as anyone else this postseason.

I?m always a Habs fan, but in recent years I?ve discounted them as a serious contended for Lord Stanley?s Hardware. Not this year. This year, Montreal has all it needs to go all the way. Right now, they?re my pick for Stanley Cup winners. Now, given I am a biased Montreal fan. But come on, there?s something that?s just innately right about the Canadians winning the Stanley Cup. :D

22. finalpheonix

finalpheonix Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2004
    and they have done it in every decade that they've been in the nhl. but i doubt this is the year for them. right now i'm just pulling for as many canadian teams to make the playoffs as possible and edmonton just made 8th in the west the other night. whoo hooo!!

23. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    It looks like Edmonton is in for now so I'm happy :). Even though they're facing some of the toughest teams in the league (Dallas, Colorado, etc.) up next :(

24. finalpheonix

finalpheonix Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2004
    tru dat
    but i think nedved will prove to be a great addition if they make the postseason. they needed someone who can put the puck in the net.
    it alway turns out that when the oil make it to the playoffs, no matter who they play the series makes the highlight reel en force.

25. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Him and whatsisface (the one who played with him as a Ranger...) make a good combo. Yeah I think the oilers need some veterans on the ice. They have all these young players who're great but they don't have enough play-off experience and the pressure gets to them and they choke. nedved and maybe even oates will definetly help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.