main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq The NHL thread!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Qui-Gon-Matt, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Tev_Torbek

Tev_Torbek Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    Ok, that brought up another subject I forgot to discuss. What does everyone think of OLN covering hockey? I am not sure. I don't like that Kieth guy, I can't remember his name. He might have been a player once, but he's about as clueless as a newborn in a topless bar when it comes to hockey. He said Manny Legace isn't that great a goaltender. Um, hello, moron, who's been playing all these games and helping the Wings to the record they have? Legace is #1 material and Osbad (Chris Osgood, I'm one of the few Wings fan who can't stand his sorry butt and wish they never took him back) who STAY in the minors. Other than that, I thin OLN is doing an OK job, I sure do miss nhl2nite.:_| :_| :_| I hope ESPN picks up the NHL later in the season or next. Tired of seeing the old reruns of the WSOP.

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!

2. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! GO AVALANCHE!!!

3. EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    Gee what are you talking about?? that NEVER happens.... :rolleyes: For real...my husband has played goalie for some 12+ years...and after we moved here and he started playing again, he's gone through the same thing. No support, but you have to stand on your head to block every shot...He hasn't even played this year and that's part of the reason...it makes the game no fun. Plus the guy who runs the league is a total hoser..

4. Tev_Torbek

Oct 19, 2004
    At least your leauge director didn't come to you at the end of the summer season and tell you that since we didn't say something at the begining of the Summer season, we don't have any room in the Winter league, but you're number 1 on the waiting list. Bulls#!t if you ask me, I've never played on a league that did that. You played summer, it was automatically assumed you were playing winter and vice versa.

5. Tev_Torbek

Oct 19, 2004
    BUMP!!!!!

6. Tev_Torbek

Oct 19, 2004
    Ok I bumped this thread because it's almost playoff time and the races are really heating up!!! Everyone knows who I'm going for and with 8 games left it shouldn't be too hard to get 120 points for the season!!! Yes, that is THE best team in the NHL right now, the DETROIT RED WINGS!!!! For you Avs fans out there, maybe we'll meet you in the playoffs, MAYBE, but I doubt it. But seriously, I do think it will be the Wings in the West and either Carolina or Ottawa in the East. The only team I could forsee in the West knocking the Wings out is Dallas but I doubt that will happen.

What are your opinions???

7. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Da Bears!

8. Commander_Clem

Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    2 teams that nobody wants to play against in the West are Detroit and Anaheim. Anahiem is one of the hottest teams since the Olympic break and on a tear right now. Gigure is almost looking like he did in 2003 when they made it to the finals..

9. Tev_Torbek

Oct 19, 2004
    Are you sure you talking about the right team??? I know San Jose has been on even more than Anahiem. In just the last 2 weeks they leaped from 10th to 5th place. They're playing Nashville, which (as a Wings fan) I hope they eliminate. The Snivlanche play Dallas, which they BETTER eliminate, Wings will take out Edmonton, and I'm pretty sure the Flames will burn the Mighty Dorks.

But when it all comes down to the end, I predict the Cup will come home to Hockeytown!!! GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!

10. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    Sure about those Wings, since the Oilers just took them to double OT the other night?

Anaheim started their back up goaltender and lost 2-1 in OT....they were completely in that game and both of the Flames goals were down low junk goals....

The NHL play off's are the best!!

11. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    I hate it when my two teams have to play each other in the playoffs. Especially when my #2 team beats my #1 team. C'mon Philly, beat Buffalo this time!!!

12. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    Man, there's too much going on in the NHL to post....just go here

www.NHL.com

Or if you want the real news

www.tsn.ca

13. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! The Fish is going to LA.....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=170578&hubname=nhl

14. EvilPrincess

Jun 23, 2005
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

15. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Well, now that I'm in NC I'm happy to root for the Stanley Cup Champ Hurricanes :p ;)

16. EvilPrincess

Jun 23, 2005
    i was so bummed about that :_| (no offense jada!!)

17. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Well EP, it made up for my husband's team -- the Devils sweeping my team - NY Rangers in the first round ;)

Apparently our cat likes to watch hockey with us. Until of course a goal is scored and I yell at the top of my lungs. :p

18. EvilPrincess

Jun 23, 2005
    not a rangers fun....BUT...Henrik Lundqvist is the MAN!!!