main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq The NHL thread!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Qui-Gon-Matt, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Capt_Canuck

Capt_Canuck Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    Nothing wrong with being an Avs Fan. I realized that Sakic should go back to his home town and play for the canucks.. and Peter Forsberg is a ***** **** **** **** ********** **** . You can pick and chose from your fave list of explitives to put in place of the stars.. I mean the last All-Star game was awesome, Nazzy, Bert and Sakic were kicking ass and taking names on the same line :)

And they can't beat me up for going to the game to support my team.. so what if my whole family is gonna be there in Nucks Jerseys in the Pepsi Center :) Would be like going to a Cubs Game in a Yankees Jersey.. Ugh.. the Yankees... The NYR of MLB.. Hmm must be something about teams in New York and trying to buy championships.

2. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    You're actually going to Denver? Hmmmmmm can I stow away in the trunk of your car? I'd go by myself but my car has about 80,000+ miles on it and no one thinks my car could make it.

3. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    My car has 130,000 miles on it and it runs like a champ. Just make sure you take care of it and it will last you a long time. Just have the fluids and tires checked before you go, and you shouldn't have any problems!

4. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    One game I went to the guy had his Sharks jersey on through out the game. Was fine, but when they got spanked he changed into an AVS jersey to leave

5. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Some Sharks fan he was. Denver is a cool place. They may raz you about it, but it usually doesn't go past that, unlike other places I've seen games.

6. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    yeah not like oakland raiders and stuff like that. Denver is very diverse when it comes to that. That is why it is cool up there.

7. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    The NY Rangers won today! [face_dancing]

8. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    GO AVALANCHE!!!!

How are they doing in the preseason here? I haven't really been paying attention.

9. Commander_Clem

Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    Pre season means nothing so I wouldn't make too much of that....I think they've been ok...

10. jango_junkie

jango_junkie Jedi Master star 3

Apr 3, 2005

What he said! [face_skull]

11. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    Jango you an Avs fan? I thought it was Dallas for some reason?

12. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    I like the Stars, but haven't kept up with them for the past couple of years...

13. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    Good goalie...Modano is still there....They should have a decent year....they start Off against the LA Kings opening night, very good game..

The Pens are going to be sweet this year though!!

14. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    You know, Mike Modano is good. He's one of the reasons I like the stars. the only *sniff* pro game I've been to was between the stars and leafs, back in 95. Man, it was great.

I could never get into the Penguins, though. I think it was my dislike of Jagr. Maybe I'll give them a try this year.

15. jango_junkie

Apr 3, 2005
    I'm a Dallas fan. I like that team alot. Hey Clem, remember the Zamboni (scorpions) driver Kevin Blair? Andy Moog and him used to talk to each other back when he lived out in Texas. His son, Andrew Blair is playing for a team in Canada too this season.

16. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    Bob, Jagr is gone my friend...off to the Rangers....Check out the Pens roster, it's sick

I played with him up at Blades a few times....glad he's playing for team Canada....He seemed to have some confidence issues when I talked to him, hopefully he worked them out...

17. jango_junkie

Apr 3, 2005
    He is always quiet and says that he has to do better but really, he is a great goalie and needed not to improve on his skills. He does sometimes put too much pressure on himself but after he came back from Mass. He was a different person.

18. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    I haven't talked to him in a awhile.....he was practing with the Scorps last season when Beaudry went to the all-star game.

19. jango_junkie

Apr 3, 2005
    Yeah, he liked doing that alot.

He is also on myspace too.

20. nmfiredawg

Feb 4, 2005
    They are 3 wins 1 tie.

First Game is on the 5th. 8 p.m. Wednesday Night. Who's up for AVS seaon opener party at are house... Know we have to work the next day... But the games are being televised on Altitude so we get it....

They are playing Edmonton that night.

21. Darth_Firebird

Darth_Firebird Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2005
    "eye's turning red"........the Stars?............time to get my shotgun out..........>=I

22. jango_junkie

Apr 3, 2005
    I'm in trouble!!!!!!!!!![face_praying]

23. Darth_Firebird

Darth_Firebird Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2005
    Be Afraid................Be Very Afraid............

[face_skull]

lol

24. jango_junkie

Apr 3, 2005
    You don't scare me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, when/what is the first game on ESPN? [face_thinking]

25. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    Opening game is this Wednesday the 5th...ESPN has dropped the NHL coverage so the games are being prodcast on OLN.