main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Night Before Fete' Day, One post Chrimble Tale Anakin/KaEB characters Dec 22nd

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthBreezy, Dec 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Just a little tale that takes place before the events of E-2 and my own work, 'Knights and Eros Bound'

Look ma! No agnst! :p

[face_love]

The Night before Fete Day

It was the night before ?Winter Fete? on Couruscant, and Anakin Skywalker and his three Padawan companions were sitting around a warm fire in a Temple Common room, discussing the merits and drawbacks of their different gift ideas.

?I don?t know what to get Master Astengasi,? Schurke sighed dramatically.

?How about the promise that you?ll stay celibate for a month?? Gris said dryly, eliciting a chorus of laughter from Anakin and Kampher.

?The shock would send him to an early grave, I think,? Schurke replied nonchalantly. ?Perhaps bottles of Corrillian ale? illegal as hell, but you know he?d like it.?

?What about you, Anakin?? Kampher purred from her chair. ?Do you have a gift in mind for Obi-Wan??

?A night with one of those Outlander Club girls,? Schurke suggested brightly. ?Maybe loosen up the old salt a bit.?

Anakin threw a cushion at him, which Schurke easily deflected, and the four friends laughed again.

?Master Obi-Wan is a good man,? Anakin said softly. ?He only wants to see me become the best Jedi I can.?

?We know that, Anakin,? Gris interrupted him gently, and then added with a smirk. ?How about a day with Schurke as his apprentice? The he would be happy to take you back!?

Schurke rolled his eyes. ?Sorry, dear heart,? he said. ?You know I?m not into bearded Masters.?

?Why not make him something, Anakin?? Kampher suggested seriously. ?You are good with your hands.? Anticipating a snappy remark from Schurke, she suddenly shoved a sweet roll into his mouth. Schurke accepted it without argument, grinning around the massive piece of pastry.

?I?ll think on it,? Anakin sighed. He knew there had to be something he could give his Master, his mentor. Something that spoke from the heart.

Gris unsuccessfully tried to stifle a yawn. ?It?s getting late,? she said. ?And Master Aliéné wants me to come with him to the Temple Archives early in the morning.? She rose and offered Kampher an arm. ?Come on Kam, I?ll walk with you to your quarters. Goodnight everyone!?

?Bor-ing!? Schurke trumpeted. ?However, an empty bed does call!? Here he raised an eyebrow. ?Unless??

?Go on you old pirate,? Anakin smiled. ?The ladies have the right idea, but I think I?ll stay a little longer.?

?Goodnight Anakin, Schurke,? Kampher called from the doorway. ?I?ll see you in the sparring class tomorrow.?

Good naturedly resigned, Schurke also headed towards the door. ?Night ladies!? he called. ?And if you change your mind??

Anakin shook his head, but smiled as he held up his hand to say goodbye. Schurke was a bit of a philanderer, but his heart was always in the right place.

Anakin turned to the view outside and allowed his thoughts to drift. Somewhere out there, Senator Amidala was probably engaged in a last minute debate session before the government broke up for Fete, and he was probably the farthest thing from his mind, but he still thought about her.

Someday, he promised himself before turning his thoughts back to his Master.

He dimly remembered hearing Obi-Wan playing a small set of pipes when he was a child. The sound had been soothing and comforting in his first few months in the temple. He knew that even though Obi-Wan never spoke of it, he missed the instrument terribly, having presented it as a token of goodwill to a member of a primitive tribe on one of their many missions. He could make one out of some of the many scraps of metal that proliferated his quarters - the very thing that Obi-Wan had silently despaired of but had mercifully kept silent about. He could easily finish it tonight if he started on it now.

Yes, that was the very thing. Anakin always found that simple projects would also quiet the steady stream of thought that seemed to plague him as of late. The thoughts that change and upheaval of a kind that he had no control over, was coming, and yet?

With only a little reluctance,

2. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    With only a little reluctance, he put aside thoughts of Padmé and all the other things, and headed back to his quarters, intent on finishing his gift before the Fete celebrations began.

I was shocked that he would put aside his thoughts of Padme to work on a gift for Obi-wan. Yep he is growing up.

Some of my favorite lines are:

How about the promise that you?ll stay celibate for a month?? Gris said dryly, eliciting a chorus of laughter from Anakin and Kampher.

?A night with one of those Outlander Club girls,? Schurke suggested brightly. ?Maybe loosen up the old salt a bit.?

They were so funny and great. I don't know how you come up with these lines but you do a good job.

3. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Schurke? Celibate? Yeah, right. :p

And not being into bearded Masters... [face_laugh]

I love Anakin's gift to Obi-Wan and his reaction to it. [face_love]

Great vignette my friend. :) [face_love]

4. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Aw, how sweet!

I see that not even the holidays can curb Schurke's out-of-control libido!

--MissPadme

5. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    That Schurke. Always the scoundrel. :p

Interesting to see Gris in a pre-KaEB situation with the other characters (hint, hint).

Loved Anakin's gift to Obi-Wan.

6. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Awww... very sweet. What a lovely gift.

But I'm conflicted because of your evil KaEB cliffie!

:p

7. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Hello hello!

CrystalKenobi

They were so funny and great. I don't know how you come up with these lines but you do a good job.

I listen to the characters.. they tell me what they would say! ;)

anakin_girl

Schurke? Celibate? Yeah, right.

Hey! It was justa suggestion! :p

MissPadme

I see that not even the holidays can curb Schurke's out-of-control libido!

*tee-hee*

Gina

Interesting to see Gris in a pre-KaEB situation with the other characters (hint, hint).

Well, we'll see what comes up...

:)

RebelScum77

But I'm conflicted because of your evil KaEB cliffie!

Well as you know, it is a cliffie no more!

Hopefully, this will precipate more KaEB character peices... just have to see hwta the muse kicks my way!

Happy Christmas!!

[face_love]

8. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    A Christmas eve [face_love]

9. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    That really was a beautiful gift Anakin gave Obi-Wan. It showed the sensitivity and attentiveness I've always thought Ani had.

Good to see the whole group (including Gris) together and interacting.

10. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Awwww!!!!!!!! VERY CUTE!!!! AND SWEET!!!! YOU DID A GREAT JOB, DarthBreezy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.