main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The NJO Finale Thread: How will the NJO end? Thoughts, rumours, speculation, etc. welcome.

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Anakin_Solo02, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JacenHornSolo

JacenHornSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2002
    I have one friend who thinks Nom Anor will be the Force heretic.

I personally think it will either be Tahiri, or Jacen. Most likely Jacen.

2. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I think Anakin Solo will come back. Plus I have a feeling Luke or Jacen Solo will die. One of the main character's will probably die. What's after NJO?! I hope they make "A Brand New Jedi Order". That would be cool.

3. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Please try to keep this thread serious and on-topic.
    If you're not interested in either of these things, simply don't post.
    It's not hard.

* We're going to catch up with Zonama Sekot by the end of the "Refugee". It's gonna tell us how to beat the Vong after some big Jedi moral debates on life and killing and genocide (because it's done it before with superior biotech or something life-related) and it's going to start to bring about an alignment between the old ways of the Force (Luke, Mara, "we can't see the Vong!") and the new wave (Jacen, Anakin, "We can adapt their own biotech to sense them!")

* Nom Anor is going to encourage the Shamed One's to revolt and fight their own people across the Galaxy. They'll only be getting rid of the warlike Vong, not the one's who want to adapt to live happliy in our familiar old GFFA.

* Shimmra is going to be revealed as having the Vong equivalent of Force powers and a in final climactic battle is going to fight with Jacen Solo and demonstrate to him how to use Vong Force on the Jedi and vice versa. Then Shimmra is going to get whacked by Onimi (see above point).

* Essentially, there's going to be a middle ground met between the warring cultures. The people causing friction on both sides (Shimmra, Nom Anor, most of the Yuuzhan Vong castes, Sien Sovv, Dif Scaur, Kyp Durron) are going to be removed to leave the extremes of ideology vacant. Jacen is going to "bring balance to the Force" by teaching Jedi to recognise the Vong spectrum of the Force, bringing them into line with what does and doesn't constitute life. Vong-formed worlds will be left alone and the Vong/Shamed Ones will become a new species in the Galaxy having adapted to live there in peace.

4. GodessYun-Harla

GodessYun-Harla Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2003
    Why is it that everyone thinks that Jacen is going to bring balance to the force, i mean, what about Jaina, she's the one who killed tsvang lah, not jacen, she's the one who nearly went to the dark side because of the vong, not jacen, i mean, first it was anakin skywalker, then it was Luke, what about a women Heretic, i'm sick and tired of people saying jacen this and jacen that, when most people find him utterly annoying just like me, and if anyone is going to die, it's going to be blasted kyp durron, or ackbar, and i hope to god Jagged fel doesn't die, or soontir fel for that matter, and i for one hope tahiri veila dies a long and painful death, she is so getting on my nerves, i think she is a hypocondriact, i think she'll die sooner or later, thank god!!!, i'm sorry if i offended anyone or got a little off- topic, but i had to get that off my chest.

5. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    "Why is it that everyone thinks that Jacen is going to bring balance to the force..."

Mainly because of the visions and prophecies that Vergere mentioned several times. He's the current living bridge between the Jedi and the Yuuzhan Vong (due to his slave seed implant) with enough empathy for life to encompass both. I think he's the obvious choice if there was ever going to be someone to bring the two cultures together.

Jaina, I think, is similar to Anakin in that she deals with situations reactively. She kind of ploughs ahead and consequences be damned. It makes her a hard and seasoned Jedi warrior (which is cool, don't get me wrong ;) ), hence the title of "Sword Of The Jedi" that Luke mysteriously gives her in Destiny's Way.

6. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    I kinda think that at the end Onimi will be revealed to be more than what he seems. In Destiny's Way, when he and Shimmira were alone they didn't react to each other like Surpreme Overlord to Shamed One.

7. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    let see how will the NJO end?

Anakin Solo will come back, Jacen will eb the FOrce Heretic (him or Anakin) someone major will die possibly Kyp in a heroic way, and Jaian will kill the Overlord.

thATs JUST MY OPINION!

8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    How about Luke Skywalker? What was Luke Skywalker's destiny? He brought his father back from the Dark Side to fullfill the Chosen One stuff. Then he brought the Jedi back into the galaxy. If Luke Skywalker dies, I think, he will die bringing balance to the Force.

He was the son of the Chosen One. Also, if Luke Skywalker goes out, that will start tyo singal the end of the Star Wars novels. They killed off Chewie. If they start to kill off the rest of the gang, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Leia Solo, Lando, R2-D2, C-3PO, and Wedge, you have just killed off or weakened the power core that will always be Star Wars. If Luke or any other characters go out, they will go out in one last mission that will highlight the EU for years to come.

I think, Luke Skywalker will bring Balance to the Force. Jacen Solo may bring balance between the Vong and the GFFA, but Luke will bring balance to the whole Force. What do you guys think?

9. Corran10584

Corran10584 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 8, 2002
    Here's how I see it going down:

I think the Yuuzhan Vong will try to genetically re-create (clone) Anakin for there own perposes. The ressurected Anakin will be under Yuuzhan Vong mind control and will serve Shimmra on Yuuzhan'tar. Shimmra, still wanting the Twins sacrifice to ensure victory in the galaxy, sends word to the Jedi that he has Anakin Solo.

Tahiri returns from her mission with Han, Leia, etc. and joins a group of Jedi, lead by the Heroic Jedi Master Corran Horn :D, to Yuuzhan'tar in order to save Anakin. With them will probably be Kyp, Jaina, Kenth Hamner, etc. The Jedi smuggle themselves aboard Yuuzhan'tar and fight their way to Shimmra.

When they arrive, Shimmra sends Anakin to destroy the Jedi, but Tahiri refuses to fight him. Tahiri's love for Anakin, along with Jaina's, bring Anakin back to them.

Suddenly, returning from there mission to Zonoma Sekot, Luke, Mara and the others, arrive with the combined forces of the GFFA, Empire and Chiss for one last battle with the Warrior Vong. Luke, Mara, Jacen and Saba make it planetside in order to help the Jedi on the surface.

Meanwhile ::takes breathe:: Nom Anor, tired of Shimmra's rule, has rallied the Shamed Ones of Yuuzhan'tar and sends them against the warrior Vong. The Shamed Ones see Anakin Solo alive, and are inspired, and are able to beat back the rest of the Yuuzhan Vong by shear numbers and they are able to take over the planet. In an epic battle, the 3 solo children fight Supreme Overlord Shimmra, and with the help of the Shamed One Onimi, Anakin kills Shimmra.

As the battle rages in space, the Yuuzhan Vong, learning of the Supreme Commander's death, are thrown into dissarray and are annihilated by the GFFA's military. Back on the surface, the Jedi strike an Alliance with the Shamed Ones and Coruscant is free. The remaining Shamed Ones are given Zonoma Sekot to live on and welcomed to the GFFA. Representatives from all the groups, GFFA, Empire, Chiss, and Shamed Ones, meet on Coruscant and all join under the GFFA. Over the coming years the rest of the Vong are wiped out or driven from the galaxy and Mara and Luke are able to raise Ben in a galaxy of peace and justice...for now...

Wow...my finger's hurt from all that :). Yes I know none of this will probably happen, and my story has more holes that the hunk of Swiss Cheese growing in the back of my fridge, but, hey, it's just my opinion

10. Anakin_Solo02

Anakin_Solo02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2002
    * Shimmra is going to be revealed as having the Vong equivalent of Force powers and a in final climactic battle is going to fight with Jacen Solo and demonstrate to him how to use Vong Force on the Jedi and vice versa. Then Shimmra is going to get whacked by Onimi (see above point).

i agree with this, good point. Although I don't think Shimmra will have the Force, he'll have something like it (we know he does from DW because of the 'pressure' he put on Nom Anor's mind in the big meeting on Yuuzhan'tar) and will be able to fight Jacen, but, in the end, of course, Jacen will win. I hate to admit, but it looks like Jacen is going to be the greatest Jedi ever, or at least many will view him that way. Think about, he combines everything an ideal Jedi needs -

*cares deeply about all life
    *an amazing fighter
    *a brilliant strategist
    *a good and teacher and in turn, a good student, for one is the other.
    *a solid diplomat
    *burning resolve

Although not many had painted Jacen as a Jedi like this in the beginning of the NJO, like it or not, this is how he is being portrayed now. I do think that Jacen will bring balance to the Force, for several reasons, chief among them the fact that he was the main character in the book entitled Balance Point and because what Vergere said in Traitor and Destiny's Way.

Anakin Solo is the Force Heretic. He will come back at the end of the third book, hence the title, "Reunion". He will be the one that leads Han, Leia and Tahiri to Zonama Sekot, and he will be the one that saves Tahiri from the dark side, again.

The Yuuzhan Vong warriors will be totally annihalated by the end of the war. The Shamed Ones, Shapers and Priests will live among as a seperate species. We will give the Koornacht Cluster to the remaining Yuuzhan Vong. Priests will embrace the idea that the Jedi are gods, the warriors will reject it, and the shamed ones will fight the warriors (see quote @ beginning of force heretic 1). the yuuzhan vong will be destroyed internally, and Jacen Solo will defeat Shimmra in a climatic duel.

Jaina Solo will marry Jag Fel, Jacen Solo will marry Danni Quee, and Anakin Solo will marry Tahiri Veila. Either Kyp or Mara will be killed by the end of the NJO.

The books following the NJO will be about Vong integration into the modern galactic society; the adolescense of Ben, and the lives of the Solo Children. Somewhere down the line Han, Leia and Luke will die.

-AS02

11. trianiigirl

trianiigirl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 21, 2002
    Did anyone else catch that Han and Leia are running around near Corprate Sector Authority space trying to reconnect communications?

Do I smell the Trianii being reintroduced to the GFFA? Huh? Do I?

I bet they've been hiding their own Anakin clone (sort of like Dune's gholas) and are going to use him to kill the Vong and take over the galaxy.*

*Okay, the last paragraph is pure crap. But I think the Trianii will come back into things sometime soon.

EDIT: And Jaina and Jag will marry. And Tahiri will find peace and happiness. Though I dunno if it'll be w/ Anakin... Oh, and I think Jacen and Danni will hook up too.

12. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    I don't want anyone to get riled up because the next statement is strictly my opinion with no proof it behind and I don't want a huge debate to erupt but I sincerely hope that Anakin doesn't come back.

I would feel totally ripped off if he had sacrificed himself on the Mykyr (sp?) worldship, saved many of his friends and family and allowed the voxyn to be wiped out only to have him somehow resurrected. I'd feel angry and cheated, actually, that the Jedi had got their cake and eaten it too. For something to be gained, something needs to be sacrificed and (unfortunately) that was Anakin. :(

And I'm not really sure whether or not Jacen and Danni really will hook up. I think the possibility is definately there but I think that Jacen will want to put his own feelings aside and followed Vergere's teachings to establish a Jedi Order in closer alignment to the Jedi of the Old Republic. To accomplish that, he needs to stay celebate and aloof, kind of like that bitter-sweet ending in "Spiderman" where Peter passes up the chance to have what he's always wanted because he knows it's ultimately for the best.

I think we can all seem to agree that the Shamed One's are going to violently rise up against their Masters, or at least the Warrior caste.

What does everyone see in the cards for Nom Anor? :D

13. Anakin_Solo02

Sep 3, 2002
    I'm not trying to sound harsh, but I don't like it when people say 'i didn't like that they killed him but he shouldn't come back since that'd be stupid'. How do you know that the writers of the NJO don't have some huge plan for anakin's return? maybe everything will fit together perfectly and they'll do anakin's comeback excellently. How would you know? the answer, of course, is that you wouldn't. I think that if by the end of the Force Heretic series (hence title 'reunion') anakin came back, you would see a rise in popularity of the NJO. The death of Anakin broke the hearts of many, and they still love the NJO. Imagine if Anakin came back how much more they would like him? It only makes sense to bring him back, and i find it hopeful and intriguing that his comeback has, of recent, become a main topic of discussion in this forum and in the lit forum.

-AS02

14. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Anakin, we'll just have to see in November, won't we? :)

I think Kyp is going to heroically sacrifice himself. SOS and Omiri will get toasted by Luke and/or Jacen. Jaina, Jag, Farlander, Antilles, and bel Iblis will lead the battle to destroy the Vong military. Kyle Katarn will get a whole paragraph to himself, and Bullox and Blue Max will fly around with Han and Leia, who are in the middle of the final battle.

15. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    "I'm not trying to sound harsh, but I don't like it when people say 'i didn't like that they killed him but he shouldn't come back since that'd be stupid'."

I agree, adding no justification for a statement like that is poor posting IMO.

I didn't say that though. I said I'd feel cheated and angry that the Jedi had gotten their cake and eaten it too.

:)

16. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    I honestly think that well....the end battle will be something different. Since they have learned more about the force and how their is no dark and light side, the final battle will be either jacen or luke in a battle with shimmara....and one of the two opening themself up to the rage that has built up inside them....since that has always shone to carry more power. With Shimmara gone.....the war is over....and either the YVMF will be completely wiped out or they will be able to keep a small peice of space like the IMP remenant had. Kinda gets me thinking that the NJO will be the last of the starwars books.....simply because they wish not to diviate away from the known galaxy of items....(not wanting to procede to a new revoultion of technology). Lastly since Theres no bad guys left to fight agaist......cept jello, if he was put into book form :D.

17. Nitro29

Nitro29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    For those who have read Remnant, remember the scene where Jacen wants to go on the mission with Saba and Danni, but Pellaeon tells him not to? He says something like Jacen owed it to the people he will lead in the future.

That has lead me to predict that in TUF Jacen will lead the final assualt against the Vong.

18. Anakin_Solo02

Sep 3, 2002
    I didn't say that though. I said I'd feel cheated and angry that the Jedi had gotten their cake and eaten it too.

Ah ha! But you didn't consider that maybe i wasn't speaking of your last post, just people in general who say "it'd be stupid if he came back no matter what." i have no qualms with your argument. :)

19. Jedi_JB

Jedi_JB Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2003
    I think Jacen will be the one person who can communicate with zenoma sekot...and he will lead the planet into battle against the vong. imagine a whole planet as a weapon..
    I am torn on wanting anakin to come back...in part I think it is a cheap way to please us fans...but in a way I want that cheap pleasing....I guess my love for the story overrules my decision and I hope he does not return...I dont agree with his death but his return would cheapen it...I cant wait to see what they do with tahiri...she could be a kick butt dark jedi
    or the next Sith Lord or something like that
    IMO....and I think she will kill Jag and in return her and jaina will become mortal enemies ...leading to an ultimate female Jedi battle......how cool would that be....If they wanted to end the battle before the NJO series ends then Jaina wins..
    but I think they could let Tahiri live and that could be part of the continuing story after NJO....and Ben could be a major story in the coming books.....they cant just tuck him away in the Maw for the rest of the series can they? In the final fight scene SOS kills Mara (I would say he kills luke but George Lucas will not let that happen)after mara dies luke will kill SOS and the war will be essentually over for the Vong.....anyway the above are just my opinion and are only based on my own warped little mind

20. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    All that I know so far is that Luceno is supposed to be detonating some pretty shocking plot bombs along the course of TUF. But, if the ending involves Anakin Solo coming back in any way, I am going to be very, very :mad:. I guess that Luke dying would be an explosive way to end the series, but I wouldn't be too impressed if that happened. I think that there will definitely be something to do with the Vong, the Force, Jacen and Shimrra.

21. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    If Anakin returns, it will trivialise his passing and make me rescind my claim that the EU is a strong mythical entity worthy of praise, and I'll join the throng who condemn it as petty fanboy rubbish.

As for the NJO? My thoughts..

• [oi]
      Nom Anor will as others suggest, lead the Shamed Ones in revolt, and end up the nominal head of the Reformed Yuuzhan Vong council that will lead them in peace time, a final smack in the face of Jade and Skywalker and the NR.

Furthermore, he shall have a conscience that forms, as we saw slightly in FH1.

Skywalker will roll around being heroic, and retire a happy man after killing many Yuuzhan Vong, as he and his wife get to parenthood safe and sound.

Han will come within microns of death, but will be saved by his ol' buddy Lando in TUF, after crashing the Falcon and losing her forever as well. Lando will die in his sacrfice, finally ending what he sees as a long and tired debt, and leaving Han berefit and morose for eternity.

Leia will mourn the death of Anakin forevermore, and since he WONT be ressurrected, but will feature in spirit form on Dagobah when Jacen and Tahiri visit the place in Refugee I think it is, he will give some closure to the lil' Yuuzhan Vong Jeedai nutcase.

Jaina and Jag will become an item, and Wedge will retire happily with his wife as he is finally reunited with Syal and Soontir.

Ackbar dies of lung congestion or other old age ailments.

Kyp dies heroically trying to save Han, leading a wing of fighters in the final battle after Han crash lands. All around him die but he continues on, killing scores of skips as his wrecked ship continues. His ship crash lands, and he is set upon by the hordes trying to get to the falcon. He fights them Ganner style until finally he dies, a heroic last stand from the most powerful Jedi alive.

Shimmra is killed but then Omni reveals himself to be the real power, and fights Jacen in the final battle. Luke may also be incorporated, and Nem Yim's uber Force-Warriors are sure to feature in an AOTC-isque Jedi battle sequence with all the Jedi fighting, along with the regular troops.

Sekot does it's thing and develops some fun weapons, and helps provide a common ground for the Yuuzhan Vong and GFFA cultural presets.

Pelleon manages to fight some terrific morale boosting victories for the Empire and the Galactic Federation of Cosmic alliances, and manages to reclaim much Imperial territory. Still more worlds flock to the Imperial banner for need of security and a strong economy. Moff Saretti is put in charge after Pelly passes away.

The Chiss are grumpy, but help out anyway, just for fun. This does not lead to an alliance though, and they are still hostile well beyond NJO era.

The Ssi-Ruuk have been wiped out ala the Yevetha by the Yuuzhan Vong. Leia considers hiring the YV for the domestic galactic cleaning force.

Karrde appears again in a fun cameo where he and Booster trade some banter before dissapearing into the night to find Mirax whose off chasing Corran whose doing some damned stupid egotistical pilot corellian jedi thing and pulling it off in a neat sub plot away from the final climatic battle.[/oi]

That's about it I think.
    Good-O then. ;)

22. Anakin_Solo02

Sep 3, 2002
    If Anakin returns, it will trivialise his passing and make me rescind my claim that the EU is a strong mythical entity worthy of praise, and I'll join the throng who condemn it as petty fanboy rubbish.

then you are not a true fan of the NJO, because if you like the books now and do not hate anakin solo, why wouldn't you still read the other NJO books after anakin comes back? eh?

ship crash lands, and he is set upon by the hordes trying to get to the falcon. He fights them Ganner style until finally he dies, a heroic last stand from the most powerful Jedi alive.

He'll be the second most powerful when Anakin returns. :)

23. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    OKay here's my 2 credits:

*Anakin Solo might come back. I still don't havea firm belief that he will, but I haven't given up hope yet

*I don't think any more MAJOR character's will die. George Lucus was pretty made when Chewie was killed and he sent around a list forbidding the NJO authors to kill off his characters, therefore:

Leia
    Luke
    Han
    Wedge
    3PO
    R2

well you get the picture, they won't die^_^

*It's obvious that Jacen is going to be the link that ends the war. jaina has done alot already and I think she'll probably be on Jacen's right hand towards the end. I do not think either of them will die

*I not sure how it's going to end yet, but I like the idea that's going around that the two sides will come to understnading with one another and the Vong will just leave, but then again, I could always be wrong!

Well there you go!

EJ

24. Star-Lead

Star-Lead Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    Anakin Solo had better come back, or the UN Spacy fleet (Macross II) is gonna be coming down on the responsible parties like the proverbial ton of bricks.

I mean it. Anakin made what has to be the dumbest mistake of his life in SBS, when he sent Tahiri off with Tekli. Did the boy not listen to Ikrit's prophecy? If he doesn't come back and help the GFFA on the path to victory, then whoever was responsible for that is going to have six Macross cannons pointed right at them.

25. Star-Lead

Star-Lead Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    I also want the Zentradi Grand Fleet to show up and completely curb-stomp the Vong.

Admittedly this isn't even remotely likely, but that is what fanfics are for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.