main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The NJO Game Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Ewok-Kenobi, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewok-Kenobi

Ewok-Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2006
    i just read this on wookiepedia, and it reveals the fact that there is still a chance for a NJO game!

Kyle was originally slated to die in the novel Star by Star, but the scene was removed at the last minute to leave open the possibility of any New Jedi Order era games. This also allowed Kyle to finally make his comic book debut in Equals and Opposites?almost three years after the release of Star by Star in the United States.

2. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    If lucasarts had *wanted* to make a NJO game, i dont think the killing off of Kyle Katarn would stop them. It might even make a good part of the plot to have him killed off inside the game. But if they want to, they will make a NJO game. I would really love for them to do that, but sadly i dont know if they ever will.

3. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Given that he's appeared post-NJO, I'd say him being killed off in the middle of an NJO game would be a rather bad idea.

Eventually we'll definately Kyle back, when LA realizes where its remaining money makers are: KotOR 3 and a new game with Kyle.

They've already written off doing new flight sims since their rift with Totally Games, so new stuff with Kyle is one of the few things I can look forward to. And, of course, continually mutter TIE Fighter: Empire.

4. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Of course we won't get a NJO game. No body wants to play things that didn't happen in the movies.
    We want to fly around and shoot tie fighters and fight on Hoth again and again.

5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I'm sure that LA will find away to bend continuity enough to make sure that Kyle was at the Battle of Hoth.

6. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    aragorn, im just saying that if there werent continuity problems, the killing of kyle would be a momentious occasion for a game and liven up the plot a bit, if nothing had come out putting him in post njo situations already. Im just saying that would have been a neat avenue to explore in a game.

7. Ewok-Kenobi

Aug 11, 2006
    killing of kyle would make me cry:_|

8. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Killing Kyle would make me happy. Besides he was at Hoth as an undercover CorSec agent disguised as a mercenary fighting for the Rebels. He managed to escape on one of the transport shuttles that got left behind due to maintaince issues. Kyle single handidly held off an entire Imperial regiment while the engineers fixed the shuttle.

And I wanna play Hoth again. THATS THE ONLY LEVEL I LIEK PLAYIN. All the others are crap.

9. Jaden-Skywalker

Jaden-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 13, 2004
    That's been there for ages.

10. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    If Kyle is killed off it should be in a game, not in some book that most gamers will never read.

11. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Would'nt it make sense to make an NJO game, like, while the NJO was still popular?
    Opposed to 2 years later?

12. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Yep, and as Solo mentioned there's also the fact that the NJO is two years old now. If they had any interest in an NJO game, the time for it has passed. I'd think at most they'd have one in the LotF era, but even that's probably not likely.

13. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Don't confuse the issue with logic and common sense.

Also factor in that Jim Ward has said 'only 2 Star Wars' games per year, and they'll be tied to other Star Wars marketing events - we have "The Game Formerly known as the Vader game" in production, Battlefront 3 and KOTOR 3 confirmed (but possibly not in production yet), and then next year we have the first TV series airing, and no doubt tie-in games with that... can't really see where they'd squeeze an NJO game in, myself.

14. Ewok-Kenobi

Aug 11, 2006

well, logically, if they are going to make LotF game, wouldnt it be more logical to start more just after endor and work its way through the books? otherwise people will be asking WHAT THE HELL IS ALL THIS CRAP? WHAT THE HELLS A KILLIK? WHAT IN HELL IS A WORLD BRAIN? AND WT* HAPPENED TO CORUSCANT?

15. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Gamers dont care. They just want to blow **** up.

16. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Yes, but I'm not expecting that either. I think they'll likely do more movie era games.

17. Ewok-Kenobi

Aug 11, 2006
    Point taken.

18. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I'd like to point out that there's usually an opening crawl to most SW games. No reason one for this couldn't be used to explain some of that. Cutscenes could handle the rest.

19. Jedi_Jason5001

Jedi_Jason5001 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    I don't understand why it always has to take a death just to make a game all that much more better or hype it up or liven it up. Why kill him for? Why not just have a few nice plot twists like in KotoR or M. Night Shamalyn movies. No death, just twist.

20. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    because death is the ultimate thing that changes everything, and can never be fixed. Its awesome.

21. Ewok-Kenobi

Aug 11, 2006
    I sence a gothic disturbance in the force.:p

22. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
  23. Ewok-Kenobi

Aug 11, 2006
    love the sig, darthbobbalot. lol.

24. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    That is disturbing. Which part of it do you like, exactly? [face_plain]

25. BENSKYWAKER

BENSKYWAKER Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    There is no way they can go all the way to LotF! It would be just to much to explain during a game! Even if there was a cutscene every ten minutes of game play it could not cover:

SPOILERS!!!!!!

A)Defeat of the Empire (and New Republic)
    B)Jacen and Jaina
    C)vong invasion
    D)Chewbacca's death
    E)Mrkr/death of anakin
    F)End of war
    G)Kiliks/dark nest/Jacens turning evil
    H)New sith

Thats just too much even if the game was Oblivion long!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.