main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The NJO Game Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Ewok-Kenobi, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    im not goth/emo or whatever, its just that in games/books or tv or something, notsomuch tv, but in the others, when a main character dies, it just takes you aback. I remember reading this trilogy by Deborah Chester where one of the main characters suddenly got his head chopped off in the middle of the third book. I had to re-read the paragraph like 3 times before i realized that yes, his head just got freaking chopped off. It was so unexpected and totally changed everything. Well, almost. But since then, ive loved the inclusion of the death of main characters in everything just because it adds SO much to the story...

2. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    as if ijgbjbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbjjbkbbbbbbbbbhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhbhhhhjby

3. Ewok-Kenobi

Ewok-Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2006
    What the hell?
    i know what you mean. the death of chewie was a really big blow that nobody expected. i remember, throughout NJO, i was expecting chewie to somehow appear, even f as a force ghost. i understand now that it adds more suspence and tradgedy that han never really got to say goodbye. it made us feel that the SW universe was no longer safe.(for the main charecters)

LOL, i just think its funny, thats all. sick minds have sick thoughts. i was just commenting on the fact that it was funny. what were YOU thinking?[face_sick] :p

i could imagine the looks on the game lovers faces as they ask "so the killiks are the vongs children?"[face_thinking] :p

4. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    I just picked up The Joiner King this week to start and read the EU again now that there are some books in the market for post NJO stuff, but i already knew about Jacen. I cant wait to get up that far and see him in action.

Edit: Hey can we get this thread changed to something ***Official*** ? Like the official NJO Game thread?

5. Ewok-Kenobi

Aug 11, 2006
    well, i would, but i dont know if i can just post it as official, or if i have to ask. plz tell me, cheers.:)

6. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    It doesn't need to be renamed to be the official NJO game thread. But this topic comes up often enough that we should have one. So I'll get this one placed in the index, I think.

7. Ewok-Kenobi

Aug 11, 2006
    What, THIS one? little old me's thread? wahoooo!

8. Qui-GonSolo

Qui-GonSolo Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2005
    A game would rock. I can't say Kyle really mattered to me throughout the series. I doubt it'd have a great deal to do with him really. I doubt it will happen though.

9. Ewok-Kenobi

Aug 11, 2006
    well, since i think this thread is getting a little... boring, lets talk about what you would be able to do in it. i have plenty ideas, but i wont post them now, as i am short on time, and i dont want to have other peoples ideas put up beforew they can say them. cmon, you no you want it, how do you want it?

10. Ewok-Kenobi

Aug 11, 2006
    so... perhaps a few words might be needed here?

11. Ewok-Kenobi

Aug 11, 2006
    arrr comon just a few words

12. Ewok-Kenobi

Aug 11, 2006
    i was just surfin thru, and i came across this... so i thought to myself; "why dont i see if anyone wants to reply to this?" so i upped it.

13. Apollo

Apollo Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Marcus do us all a favor and lock this thread plz. kthxbi.

14. Ewok-Kenobi

Aug 11, 2006
    nobodys gunna lock this, there is no reason to.

15. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Are you capable of feeding yourself?

16. Obi1cannoli

Obi1cannoli Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2005
    Ok my Ewok friend - I shall attempt to list some things that would cool up an NJO game!

1. Kyle kills Vong (Kyle kills!! What could be better??!!??[face_dancing])
    2. Amphistaff battles - don't know the how it would work - but it'd be sweet - duels, AND limited firepower (well, kinda like the Noghri weapons from JA I imagine)
    3. Things go splat! No explosions of speeders in THIS one!
    4. I always wanted my chance to kill off those darn peace corps people - makes a good "training" bridge so one can slowly learn how to, say, adapt force powers to the environment (after all, they don't work on Vong, but who says they can't collapse a building on them? :D)

...That's about all I can think of for now - will have a think and be back with more later!

17. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    What could accompany that game would be a Space sim that allows you to take on the Vong in a fighter. Possibly one that allows you the option to command Capital Ships for a change.
    There are some epic battles in the novels that can be crossed over to the video game medium that would do well if they do it right.

18. MASTER-OF-EVIL

MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Like a Rogue Squadron IV during the Vong/NJO period and play as both sides like Halo 2 where you go in and out of both sides to the war. Or a new X-Wing Alliance game based in that period, that would be great to see.

19. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Or a 3D Super Star Wars style game set in that timeframe.
    I like the idea of playing both sides of the campaign unless they switch mid-way like in FoCom which would be hard to pull off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.