main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The NJO planning thread; a massive round-robin; We don't need anymore authors, thanks!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by womp_rat208, Sep 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orion_Star

Orion_Star Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2001
    Sounds like a good idea to me. I'll check in later, I have class...

2. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Thought I'd let everyone know that I'm currently planning a Tenel Ka story that will tie in with Refuge, my first NJO AU fic. Yay, another project on my already-lengthy list! :D

3. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    We haven't decided where we're going with this yet... We're going to do the ending of the NJO our way, but what IS "our way?" That is the question we've got to figure out. ;)

I have a fic about a NewRep army platoon that was supposed to go with my other fics, but I might convert it to this, since I haven't started on it yet.

4. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, we need to know what end we have in sight so we have a direction in which to work. I guess the first question is whether or not we eradicate the Vong or pull a 2010 and tell them to live in harmony and peace.

Personally, I though 2010 had a cheesy ending, so I'm all for eradicating the Vong threat.

The next important point that needs to be discussed is mush. :D Who will be with whom by the end of our series?

Third and last (in this post, at least), is the question of who is alive and who is dead by the end. From there we can sort out "turned to dark side" from "vaped in battle" from "noble sacrifice".

That's a bit more than two credits, so I won't say that.
    Mel

5. RogueMonCalamari

RogueMonCalamari Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2001
    hey, do I just have a knack for getting ignored? ;)
    heh

6. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    I am also for the destruction of the Vong.

Hmm, couples? Well, seeing as we've got most of the Jaina fan club in here, it's going to be impossible to keep Jaina/Jag out of there. ALSO, since we are using your stories, Mel, for our launch platform, we already have Jaina/Jag and Jacen/Nadia in there. Other then that, I dunno. ;)

The who does/doesn't die problem might get touchy, since everyone has favorite characters that they don't want killed. You have already stated no killing of Corran. ;) Personally, I don't want to see Wedge get the ax...

I can already see this is going to take a while to get off the ground.....

7. Orion_Star

Orion_Star Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2001
    Hey there.

If I get a vote, I'll make it three for the destruction of the Vong. The whole "peace and harmony" bit may be touching, but they've already established the fact that they can't co-exist peacefully with the GFFA.

Couples huh... Well, Jaina and Jag for one, Jacen and Nadia for two, Anakin and Tahiri for three, but there have already been established by our AU timeline... I think Mel was asking about new romances. I think it's too soon to tell, really.

Ditto to who has to get wasted. I'm not in favor of killing Corran, Wedge, Jaina, Luke, or any really cool character, but at some level somebody important's gonna have to bite the blaster bolt. Just don't make me write it. I don't want the hatred of the Fan Fic community aimed at me... ;)

Anyways, I'm still compiling characters for X-wing: The Dark War (A working title for my first fic) I think I've got all of Rogue Squadron down, now I just need to think about plot. Since I don't know where we really want to take this epic, I'm up for suggestions.

Is Eldritch's private forum up an running? I could stop by there and ask for suggestions so we can avoid giving away spoilers...

Later.

8. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I think we should just kill the Vong. :D

9. RogueMonCalamari

RogueMonCalamari Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2001
    We need Wedge in this. A lot. And Iella. ANd the kids would be easy to write in because they don't really have a charcter yet.

10. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Hey, if there's any way I can help, I'd love to! I'm writing a trilogy about how the Vong first entered the galaxy, explaining the stories of Mongei Shai, Zonama Sekot, and Vergere in detail.

I'm for killing the Vong, too. I've already thought of an off-the-wall method for doing so, too. [face_mischief] :cool:

And if you kill Jacen or Borsk, I won't like you, but I'll still help. :p

11. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Hi
    I know it's probably too late to join. So if you need any help or reader opinions just ask.

I say that you should eventually kill off the vong.

Well that's my reader opnion. So you can ignore it if you like.

12. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    I don't think it's ever too late to join in. Right, people?

13. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, we would like to keep the number of authors down to around ten. I think we're already at twelve. Mayo_Solo, if you have an idea for a story which you would like to see included in our storyline, please feel free to suggest away. However, we already have more authors than we intended to have.

14. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    Yeah, we're kinda at our limit for authors. RMC, you're in. Alderaan_, you came in kinda late, so I'm gonna have to turn you away. Sorry.

15. Alderaan_

Aug 14, 2001
    oh, all right. Although IMHO I wish you'd have posted the author limit earlier. I feel like the victim of an ex post facto law.

If for any reason you need any help, don't forget about me. :(

16. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    I'm sorry Alderaan_. The limit wasn't in the first post because we hadn't decided at that time. But, if anyone drops out or we need more authors, I'll contact you first. :)

17. Alderaan_

Aug 14, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.