main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Non-Bashing Star Wars Discussion Forum (an idea)

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Darth-Seldon, Feb 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Ultimate_Fett

The_Ultimate_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2002
    This may sound ridiculous, but it seems like people are using Anakin-hater like a derogatory term. Call us bashers, if you please. If I'm mistaken about it being insulting correct me. If not, stop using nicknames to describe a group of people.

2. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    You are both laboring under a misconception, that I want your thread shut down, I do not.

I am not 'picking on' your thread. Your thread is the only 'gusher's only' thread that I am familiar with. If you do not wish to have your thread used as an example, direct me to another.

Since both of you have pretty city rep colors on your names, you have access to people's home addresses, at least the addresses of your fan force members. And you see them in person at meetings, so I think any threats you make, even if in jest, should raise red flags to the mods.

3. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Yep, Breezy--and my husband's relatives have nothing better to do than chase down a bunch of people who waste their time on a message board spewing hatred for a fictional character.

If I asked them to do so, they would rightfully tell me to get a life already.

I also don't appreciate the inferences you are wrongfully trying to make in order to shut us down and get Breezy and me banned, Lady-Sami, and I don't appreciate you playing mod when you aren't one either. If you want to infer that someone is violent and dangerous, I'll link you to Punisher's post to me--which you saw at the time and didn't care a damn thing about.

P.S. Not that it is any of your damn business how I run my FanForce, but I do not get their home addresses--we meet in public. If my FanForce members had a problem with what I posted, then they would tell me, or tell the mods themselves. One of them used to be a mod.

And again, I am highly offended that you would take that sort of thing seriously.

The-Ultimate-Fett: If you hate Anakin, you're an Anakin-hater. But if you hate Anakin, I don't now why you'd think it's derogatory.

Call me a Palpatine-hater all you want. ;) Not that I waste my time going around message boards calling him names, but you get my point.

4. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    Let's keep this civil and not make any personal attacks here, people. I will lock this thread if they continue.

Kimball Kinnison

5. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    anakin_girl,

Ah, that theory about Luke and Leia's conception was not my theory. My theory was that Palpatine had mind-tricked Padme into falling in love with Anakin and someone else made the jump to it meaning that Anakin had 'raped' Padme.

Was this post by Punisher a year or two ago, because I'm sorry, I do not recall it. Please post a link. If I missed it, I do apologize.

I did not get Darth_Breezy banned. Her behavior got her banned.

But, thank you for proving my point about how quickly a thread can degenerate into a gusher/basher war.

6. The_Ultimate_Fett

The_Ultimate_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2002
    We don't hate Anakin (as Darth Vader, at least), we are just displeased by the performances of the actors who played him.

7. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    I did not get Darth_Breezy banned. Her behavior got her banned.

No, it didn't, because I'm the one who reported the thread, and it was because people were trolling in there--and Breezy was not one of them.

And you did brag later about getting her banned.

I'll look for that post of Punisher's--it was last July, in the old BS thread.

We don't hate Anakin (as Darth Vader, at least), we are just displeased by the performances of the actors who played him.

And that gives you an excuse to call him and the actors ugly names--but yet we darest not get angry about it? You can have your Basher's Sanctuary where you can bash Hayden Christensen and Jake Lloyd, calling them names I wouldn't call Osama Bin Laden--yet we aren't supposed to have a sanctuary for Defenders of the Love Story without you guys coming in and trying to get it shut down and the founders banned?

And don't even pretend you're not trying--you most certainly are "picking on" our thread.

8. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    RE Anakin-Padme-rape-situation: I find it quite disgusting. Despite whatever faults Anakin has in his character, I don't think he would ever rape Padme. I would have seriously doubted the mental sanity of the person who posted that, too, except that I don't think there's anything wrong (aka, ban-worthy) with posting that kind of thing on the boards while you say why you think that's true. That's the poster's opinion and in no way is (s)he flaming anybody present (with the scenario, itself, that is). All (s)he's presenting is a scenario, and regardless of how utterly ridiculous that scenario is (in your mind AND my mind), that's still somebody's opinion and, IMHO, (s)he should be allowed to share it, right?

I was banned for six months for making a facetious comment in reference to rape. It wasn't directed at anyone on the board, and its intention was to make a point about how viciously TPM was attacked, through an exaggerated comment.

Saying "Anakin should have raped Padmé and that's how the kids are conceived" has but one purpose: to incite and anger. Rape has no part in the SW universe, and anyone with even a cursory acquaintance with SW would know that. Certainly, a central event such as the conception of Luke and Leia would not result from such a horrible act.

Besides which, this person was putting forward a scenario which he deemed better than "the slop we got," in which Anakin was all but a sexual predator, who forced himself on Padmé after she rejected him -- but she still fights alongside him.

(It reminded me of how Adrian Lyne wished to change the ending of "9 1/2 Weeks" in which the woman, instead of walking away from her lover/tormentor, ends up learning to love the abuse. If not for the mass protests of the women on the set, he would've gone forward with that version.)

No one would tolerate someone posting a fanfic with that scenario in the fanfic section. It's one thing to write an AU; I have no problem with those and in fact find them intriguing. But introducing stuff such as rape, bestiality...no.

9. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    This has gone off-topic and is getting far too personal. I'm locking it.

Kimball Kinnison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.