main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Non-Spoiler Forum - stinrab and I need YOUR help in making the best forum at the JC even better!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mace Windy, Oct 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]well, that's the problem of being spoiler free, because there are so many levels of how spoiler-free people will wanna be. I'm sure I'll have to pretty much stop using the board a year or so out from the release of the movie to stay as ignorant of the film as I want to be for it's release. [/color]

2. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I don't believe either Mara or any of her socks posted in this thread prior to this, hew.

3. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    I just realized my typo above. I meant to write "One request, though: Can you please ban all of Mara's socks?", not "can you please all of Mara's socks".

Although the mods are certainly welcome to please her socks if they're into that kind of thing...

:D

4. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    If that is their destiny. :D

5. JBFett

JBFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Well,

This is my first time going spoiler free...

All of your support in helping me through this will be much appreciated (its like I'm going to AA).

Quick question...is anything released by the OS, or Insider considered spoiler material?

EDIT: I want my name to be coloured...how do I do it...it looks so cool!

6. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Why do some users have colored names?

Colored names denote admins, managers, moderators, and VIPs. VIP status is reserved for well-known Star Wars personnel and FanForce City Reps. Admins, managers and moderators have a free choice of colors, SW VIPs have red words and FanForce City Reps have blue words.

--- Communications FAQ

To have your other question answered, check the Non-Spoiler forum rules.

7. 5darth2maul1

5darth2maul1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    This forum = awesome! :D

521 :)

8. Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 1999
    I agree with general consensus I've heard above: admins are doing a good job, Idon't see stinrab around as much as Windy, and the real test will come when more spoilerish info is released. But if it's any comfort, I managed to stay sufficiently spoiler-free for AotC, and I have faith that this forum will keep up the good work for Ep. III.

9. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    I remember the Tusken Raider scene being leaked here with Mystery, however I knew that it was a tusken raider by the way it looked. Given that they are on Tattooine and the only other character there was Shmi, it didn't take much to put 2 and 2 together.

Especially since we knew her death figured prominently in Anakin's demise...

Back on topic though ;)

I am not sure if this is possible, but maybe we could assign a "point value" to certain posters.

Ie perhaps 0 - 3 where 3 would be completely safe eg Moderators and 0 would be people that have spoiled us (people would start at 1) and then after a while, once people know you and you have proven that you are able to be trusted you get a 2.

At this point you could set a threshold 1 and up or 2 and up in order to block out others.

The points could be assigned by voting or etc.

Of course that may be way too much work. I know I tried to stay somewhat spoiler free for AOTC (not like Mace though, he was ultra hardcore at the beginning) but ended up knowing all the major plot points excluding syfo-dias.

Between trolls, advertising, theforce.net not covering things they should, speculating and etc. very little is left unknown. If that (being 100% unspoiled) is important to you, leave now. It only gets harder with time. Believe me, this place is very addicting :)

--Joey

10. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    This is possibly the most well-behaved forum on the JC at this point in time, from my point of view. You guys do a fantastic job, and kudos also to all the other regular posters who make it almost unnecessary for us to even have mods here. Perhaps, closer to the date, the "spoiler level" issue could be addressed, as some people are going hardcore spoiler free (in which case they shouldn't even be visiting anywhere except 3NS cantina ;)). I'm not even sure if I want to see the official information yet, so I'm keeping myself away from it. However, I don't think it's a serious issue at this point in time. :)

11. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Upped for any new suggestions :)

12. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    well i have to say this forum is the best as windy constantly says, but hey, when ur right....ur right! keep it up and everything will be okey dokey!

13. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    This is probably a given, but:

For example, when everyone found out there was a character returning from ROTJ, I remember a thread with the name of the character in the title. Can you change those titles right away, so that someone browsing the boards wont be spoiled unless they click into the thread? I believe Adam Bertocci made a much better title that didn't spoil me.

That's my only suggestion. Great job, you two! :)

14. stinrab

Jul 9, 1998
    goodfellas: any threads like those will immediately be edited and closed, while the discussion will be directed to the relevant Official Site Thread :) Well, that's the plan, anyway ;)

15. kingthlayer

Jun 7, 2003
    Okay, thanks.

I noticed that in a bunch of other forums, the mods who manage it are listed at the top. Why isn't this so in 3NS?

16. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    Right now, everything is fine in here. You guys are doing a great job, and hopefully that won't change as we get closer to the movie.

I do agree that we could use the mod names up at the top of the screen. Perhaps we could even get a list of mods that you trust to edit the right spoilers up there.

17. stinrab

Jul 9, 1998
    The reason for there not being names in the banner is because Windy and myself agreed that we should be active and visible enough for it not to be needed

18. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Although you two guys do a great job of being visible around here, it would be convenient to have that in the header so that someone who does not have you on their WUL would have an instant link to your profiles so that they could see if you are online, rather than having to hunt through a few threads to find something that you posted.

19. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Having our names at the top of the page wouldn't be a big deal at all. If that is what the members of this community want, then stinrab and I are happy to accommodate. :)

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

20. Crispy_Fried_Dentic

Crispy_Fried_Dentic Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2003
    Hey all,

I'm pretty happy with the way this forum is moderated...when we had a problem in the "The "Spoiler and Trailer free for episode III" club of crazed fans!" thread, Mace Windy was right there to edit the offending posts. The only problem is, right now there's a spoiler in a thread title in this forum:
    "Return of the Naberries"

How come this hasn't been closed and the posters directed to the "Official Site Discussion Thread: Confirmed Characters" thread? Is the "Return of the Naberries'" just fan speculation? I don't want read the thread to find out!

There was also another thread a few weeks back about "Sea Battles". It's now on page 3, so I guess it doesn't matter, but what's the deal with these titles? Are they just speculation or Hyperspace/OS spoilers? Can we be assured that if a thread is left out there with that kind of title that there's nothing to it? I'm Militant Spoiler Free and I'd love it if these kinds of titles were not in the thread index if they are from the OS or Hyperspace.

Thanks for any help you can provide..

21. kingthlayer

Jun 7, 2003
    Having our names at the top of the page wouldn't be a big deal at all. If that is what the members of this community want, then stinrab and I are happy to accommodate.

Thanks, Windy. It looks much better now. :)

22. stinrab

Jul 9, 1998
    In regards to that Return of the Naberries thread, it is concerned only with speculation and does not refer to any OS material (as yet, at least)

23. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    They each have a sticky thread at the top of the page... the link goes to their profile. ;) I am glad there's links at the top of the page though.

24. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I know I'm relatively new to the thread. But I just want to say I've been very impressed with the way stinrab and Mace Windy dealt with my early infractions against the rules. They politely gave me a few warnings and pushed me in the right direction. I think I now have a good idea of what is and isn't allowed. It's clear there are certain disadvantages of entering the non spoiler forum so late in the game but I felt it was neccessary because pieces of scripts start becoming available and major plot points start to be revealed. I read all the spoilers for Episode 2 and it wasn't as great an experience for me as Episode 1 which I saw spoiler free. So now that filming has stopped, I realized from the few spoilers I were privy to that Episode 3 was going to be the greatest episode of the prequel trilogy and I don't want to ruin it for myself. So now I'm among you fine people and I hope you will eventually learn to forgive me for my earlier mistakes and accept me as a member of the non-spoiler forum. Because I tell you, I'm not moving. I'm stuck in this forum til Episode 3 is in theaters. :)

One thing that kind of bugs me though. I wish there was more attendance in this forum. It would be nice if some of the people posted more often.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.