main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Austin,TX the noob here

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Gen-Li, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gen-Li

Gen-Li Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2008
    hey all so i guess i am the current noob. go me just wanted to say hello and all that fun stuff. hopefully i will get to meet abunch of my fellow jedi at the clone wars. lets see im 26 from austin not a uber starwars geek but know the movies very well and spend soem time on woookiepedia reading im pretty interested in the old republic. well i guess thats it for now so if you wanna know something fire away.

Gen-Li

2. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Hey, welcome!
    Always good to see a new shiny face around here! As far as we're concerned, the more the merrier. :D

Just so you know, most of the posting members use our off-site boards (the link is in my sig), so if you were wondering why it looks a little slow in this forum...that would be it. Still, feel free to post here, as well. It'll keep me from going crazy spinning in circles in my chair. Also, we usually meet up at the Dog & Duck Pub on the first Saturday of the month at 1:00pm. If you come by and don't see us outside on the porch, usually it's because of the weather and we've moved the meeting inside. Don't worry, most of us don't bite... ;)

So would you say you're more into the Prequels or the originals...or like all the movies about the same? :p

3. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Welcome, Rob!

Yeah, we'll have a good idea of what we're doing for Clone Wars come Monday (I hope) as every theater we've gone to has said 'no' do having some sort of FanForce event for the film. We keep a minimum presence here, as most of our discussions are on our offsite and at our meetings. Any questions feel free to post or pm me!

4. Gen-Li

Gen-Li Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2008
    thanksfor the welcome i will check oot the other site. sat at 1 i am usually in bed i work nights and on weekends i do 12 hour shifts it doth sucketh greatly. and if anyone bites i bite back hehe. as for the movies... 4-6 are great but to me 1-3 are more interesting i like the time line when there were lots of jedi running around having all sorts of adventures. i just wish they did anakin better the casting was a bad choice and he was way to whiney. i also would have liked to see mor eof a fight from the jedi in ep 3 i think they went down way to easy. anywho have fun spinning in your chair dont barf tomuch.

5. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Don't worry. You're not the only stuck working into the night. :p

I grew up with 4-6, but I do like 1-3. 1-3 get more into the politics and how everyone (Jedi and Republic alike) were manuvered out of power. Yeah...the casting for Anakin... Let's just say Strife and I have seen at least one guy in another movie that looks reasonably like Haden, but that can put so much feeling into a similar role...without it feeling like he's trying to force it.

Oh well... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.