main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Not so Normal Life of a Jedi - Journal of Qui-Gon Jinn UPDATED 4/23

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Gon, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Gon

Jedi-Gon Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2007
    Title: The Not so Normal Life of a Jedi
    Author: Jedi-Gon
    Timeframe: Ranges all over the pre-saga timeframe. :D
    Genre: Everything! Most of it is aimed to be humorous, though.
    Summary: Qui-Gon Jinn's thoughts on the not so normal life. What is he up to now?
    Notes: SW belongs to GL

Well, this is something I starting writing a long time ago. It's not really a response to the Dear Diary challenge, but I do hope to keep it up for a while. :D

Enjoy, all!

--------------

Entry one,

March 8

Another year older?Another subject closer to madness.

Truly, I don?t see why writing in this thing is necessary. But, Tahl gave it to me for my twenty-fourth birthday, and she looked so happy when I smiled at her after opening it. I sigh to myself. How is it that Tahl?s smile can make me do practically anything? I shiver to think what would happen if she were to use this rather irritating weakness of mine to her own advantage. But Tahl would never do that? I hope.

But, none of that. I write now for my own sake, lest I die of guilt of not using a gift from my best friend, and also in part because currently, I am completely and utterly positive that my brain is going to melt into some sort of cosmic goop. I am currently sitting at an interrogation table with my master - who is somehow engrossed with his torturous task. I swear, no interrogation subject so far has surpassed an IQ of 25, and at least half of them have been high on some sort of spice. None of them, of course, notice me scribbling away with a stylus, but my master has been casting me looks now and again. I hope he?s convinced I?m taking notes.

Even as I say this, I begin to dread the moment after the interrogation, when he will ask me to consult my notes, which (besides from being non-existent) will have no valuable information to our mission. I might as well go write down some notes anyway, however useless they will be.

As I sign off, I?ll make a mental note to myself ? I need to put a password on this document, lest Master Dooku finds it and reads it. I think he will postpone my knighting at least another decade if he finds out what is on my mind at this particular moment.

2. slow_dawn

slow_dawn Jedi Master star 2

Apr 18, 2006
    I really enjoy the way you write Qui-Gon. I look forward to reading more. Could you put me on the PM list please?

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Love it! Please put me on your PM list.

=D=

4. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Good entry! May I also be put on your PM list?

5. Jedi-Gon

Nov 1, 2007
    Yes, yes, and yes! Y'all are all on the PM list!

Thanks, you guys! here's the next entry:

Entry Two,

March 11,

Weekend, oh glorious weekend!

Today, I celebrate. It has been months since I?ve stayed a whole twenty-four hours at the temple, and the Force must love me, because this rare visit home has somehow managed to fall upon a weekend. And my master (I must confess my surprise when the words passed his lips) gave me these few days at the temple off! I think I got a whole day of training simply from the self-control it took to keep a composed face when he told me.

I readily fled from out quarters hours ago, deciding that I would make the most of my time. Tahl, who has been working with the healers for the past few months, came with me to lunch, and treated me to a much-missed friendly spar. About two hours ago, she also meditated with me, for a while. She rose before I, and so now, after a particularly satisfying and peace-giving meditation, I sit in my favorite tree, once again with my stylus in hand.

I love this tree. It is, perhaps, my favorite piece of the gardens. Besides its amazingly strong Force-radiance, it is beautiful. Tall, majestic, and yet, somehow, with its curved trunk and bowed branches, it is humble and peaceful, in a dignified sort of way. It is a picture that brings a smile to my face. Its bark is light and smooth, it doesn?t splinter. The pale green leaves produce a musical rattle in the artificial winds of the temple?s interior gardens, and their thick, leathery opaque surface make for a concealed, private getaway. Something I?ve come to crave more often lately. But, perhaps best of all, is the fact that the highest most branches, on which I now sit, are perfectly molded to lay in ? even for someone as tall as myself! I can name many times when I?ve fallen asleep up here. It is quite easy to do, with the soft orchestra of leaves mixing with the lulling to-and-fro sway of the trunk beneath me. I briefly recall when I first discovered this haven, which no one else seemed to know of. I was eleven standard years old, and if I remember right, was running from a very livid, very wet Jedi Master.

But that is a story for another time. Perhaps I will recount it, when I have nothing else better to do. But right now, a lovely afternoon nap is beckoning.

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very nice beginning!

I think he will postpone my knighting at least another decade if he finds out what is on my mind at this particular moment

Knowing Dooku, he'd probably do a lot worse :p

Please add me to the PM list.

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Ooh, I'm loving this. [face_love]

I write now for my own sake, lest I die of guilt of not using a gift from my best friend, and also in part because currently, I am completely and utterly positive that my brain is going to melt into some sort of cosmic goop. [face_laugh]

I love the image of Padawan Qui-Gon sitting in his favorite tree, I hope he enjoys his lovely afternoon nap! :D

Please put me on the PM list for story too! Thanks! :D

8. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007

I love this tree. It is, perhaps, my favorite piece of the gardens. Besides its amazingly strong Force-radiance, it is beautiful. Tall, majestic, and yet, somehow, with its curved trunk and bowed branches, it is humble and peaceful, in a dignified sort of way.

I can definitely see Qui-Gon saying that, and I can almost see the tree in my mind's eye with Qui-Gon sitting in it :D

Very well done, excellent work!

And welcome to the boards!

9. slow_dawn

slow_dawn Jedi Master star 2

Apr 18, 2006
    Nice post. Keep it up, I can't wait for the next!

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    But that is a story for another time. Perhaps I will recount it, when I have nothing else better to do. But right now, a lovely afternoon nap is beckoning.

I'm really jealous. I'd love a nap! [face_laugh] Great post! =D=

11. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Good entry :)

I wish I could climb that tree that he's in, it sounds like a nice place to be. :p

12. Jedi-Gon

Nov 1, 2007
    KELIA - Yes, Dooku would definitely be the Jedi to postpone a knighting an entire lifetime. :p Though I believe that Qui-Gon has been his padawan long enough to know how to get around it. Maybe. [face_mischief] You're on the list!

Bastet - Ah, yes, cosmic goop. I've actually used that phrase numerable times in my own life... You're on the list too!

Jinngerbread - Thank you, Master! Yes, I was aiming to get the tree well pictured. And I always figured that, of all places, Qui-Gon's favorite would have something to do with nature. ;)

slow_dawn - Thank you for reading - and here's the next update!

VaderLVR64 - "I'm really jealous. I'd love a nap!" You and me both! [face_laugh]

EECHUUTA - Yes, I wish I had a tree like it, myself. It'd be a great place to write... Thanks for reading!

------------------

A/N: If this entry doesn't make any sense whatsoever, please refer to my story, The Luckiest Man Alive :D

------------------

Entry three,

March 26

Ken

Now, first off, if somehow Tahl ever happens to find this old datapad and read through it, and wonder why I haven?t written for fifteen days (somehow I think this possibility is unlikely) I have a perfectly logical explanation. My master, who never, ever does the laundry, decided that he would do me a favor, on my weekend off, and wash my clothes. Unfortunately, my master apparently does not know to check my tunic pockets for large, heavy, easy-to-notice datapads. The poor, unfortunate datapad I am writing on right now became the victim of a tumble-dry wash cycle. It took more than a week to repair. And, being the dignified master he is, Dooku has apologized (countless times) but insists immediately afterwards that there was no datapad in my tunic. For some reason, I think he is in the wrong.

But, that is not why I am writing today, at this time. I am writing after a very? Peculiar encounter. Late last night, my master and I were called away to pick up a Force-sensitive child, from the planet of Omartia. Now, I?ve been on several such missions before, but? None went quite like this one.

First off, Master Yoda came. Yes, the master Yoda. My grandmaster. He never accompanies anyone on these types of missions. That was the first odd occurrence. But the real mystery appeared when I met the child.

My master, not being very good with children at all (I thank the Force silently that he did not take me as padawan from a very young age) promptly dubbed me the childcare giving padawan of the mission. I don?t mind, really. I find it amusing that a Jedi master can?t handle an infant, but I actually quite enjoy watching children. Sometimes, that is.

At any rate, this child was? Special. I can?t explain, even after hours of meditation on the subject. It was like nothing I?ve ever experienced. Every time I looked at the child, I was filled with the strangest, most foreign feeling. It was a bit like interacting with my master through our bond, except having swapped places. I?m not sure what that would come from, though. And, at the same time, it was a bit like what Master Yoda described as destiny. Being given a glimpse into the future. I smile when I think back to the child, who is now safe in the hands of the crèche Master, Torialk Melde, and her padawan, (my good friend) Liam Nafeel. I make a mental note to speak to Liam about it later.

I lay back against my pillows now, still puzzling over the child. He was extremely tiny, even for a babe. When I held him, it felt like I was holding the lightest, most fragile being in existence, and yet, I knew I wouldn?t hurt him. He had a very strange tendency to ?understand? me when I spoke to him. And he?s not even one and a half standard years old! Either that, or I?ve gone mad.

The thing that struck me most, though, were his eyes. Such eyes! I am still debating whether his eyes were (excuse me, are) green, blue, or grey. I can?t help but chuckle. And such

13. Jinngerbread

Sep 2, 2007
    And I always figured that, of all places, Qui-Gon's favorite would have something to do with nature.

Absolutely! :D Qui-Gon does love his gardens ;)

Now, first off, if somehow Tahl ever happens to find this old datapad and read through it, and wonder why I haven?t written for fifteen days (somehow I think this possibility is unlikely) I have a perfectly logical explanation. My master, who never, ever does the laundry, decided that he would do me a favor, on my weekend off, and wash my clothes. Unfortunately, my master apparently does not know to check my tunic pockets for large, heavy, easy-to-notice datapads. The poor, unfortunate datapad I am writing on right now became the victim of a tumble-dry wash cycle. It took more than a week to repair. And, being the dignified master he is, Dooku has apologized (countless times) but insists immediately afterwards that there was no datapad in my tunic. For some reason, I think he is in the wrong.

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

Poor Dooku, trying to do something nice for once. At least the datapad appears to be good and durable if it can withstand a washing, I'd love to have a laptop that durable! The fact that it works at all, is something of a miracle even after repairs :p

My master, not being very good with children at all (I thank the Force silently that he did not take me as padawan from a very young age) promptly dubbed me the childcare giving padawan of the mission. I don?t mind, really. I find it amusing that a Jedi master can?t handle an infant, but I actually quite enjoy watching children. Sometimes, that is.

Haha, can't blame him for being grateful about that, Dooku and children most certainly don't seem to get along very well do they? Maybe they can sense the fact that he would rather be doing something else ;)

Very good entry, looking forward to more!

14. Jedi-Gon

Nov 1, 2007
    Alrighty. Here is the next update. Yes, I know I haven't been on in a while - I blame school, and that horrible thing we refer to as DRL.

---------------

Entry four,

March 26,

Master Yoda is up to something?

Well, today I had a weird day. Much to my chagrin, this characterization for my days is becoming more and more typical. But at any rate, it started earlier this morning, after I?d eaten breakfast.

As usual, I?d found those of my friends who are at the temple currently, exchanged a few words, shared a few laughs, and eaten the morning meal. Afterwards, I went to the crèche, to visit Liam, just as I said I would last night. I found him, and we talked; quietly, of course. No need to send the entire crèche screaming awake. I told him about my rather strange experience from the last few days, and he listened intently. But then I asked if he knew of the child, the one who would have arrived yesterday, from Omartia, with gigantic green-blue eyes. A bit to my confusion, Liam started looking nervous. Why, I couldn?t have guessed. Then he said:

?I?m sorry, Qui-Gon, really I am, but I was given explicit instructions by both Master Melde and Master Yoda not to let you know. I honestly don?t know why, but? I dare not disobey them.?

I can only say that my heart fell. Why was everyone picking on me? Why won?t they let me even know the name of the child? Liam (with more apologies) said that he also been forbid to let me see the child. That, I could understand. Sort of. But? Knowing a name? Where?s the harm in that? I sigh heavily. And of all times to deprive me of information, why now? I don?t think I?ve ever been as curious about anything as I am about this child.

Maybe this is all just a test of my patience. Knowing Master Yoda, he would do something like that. And he would definitely do something like that to me.

Master Dooku is calling me. Time for sparring practice! Dear Force, I hope I can maintain concentration. I suppose we?ll see.

Later that day?

Well, I did manage to concentrate enough to win our spar. As my master instructed me in which techniques I needed to work on, I could barely keep a smirk off my face as I looked down at him.

Is it just me, or is master shrinking? Either that, or I?m growing again. Dear Force I hope not! I?m twenty-four! I?m supposed to be finished growing! And I?m too tall as it is. Though I do take great amusement looking down to the renown master Dooku. But since I highly value my life and wellbeing, I haven?t mentioned master?s diminishing height to him. Perhaps, after we?re both one with the Force, I?ll tell him. Then he won?t be able to kill me.

--------------

A/N: Enjoy! R&R, please!

15. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Ack! I totally missed that update on the 11th! :_| Oh well, now I'll just have to review both of them. :D

From entry three:

I'm finding it difficult picturing Dooku doing laundry, though I can somehow picture him not noticing a big 'ol datapad in the clothes as he's washing them. :p 8-} Ah well, I guess it's the thought that counts.

I love how you've tied these journal entries into that other very wonderful story you wrote. [face_love]

The thing that struck me most, though, were his eyes. Such eyes! I am still debating whether his eyes were (excuse me, are) green, blue, or grey. I can?t help but chuckle. And such large eyes, as well! I thought for a moment, as I held him, that they would pop out of his golden-haired head! Though I?m sure he?ll grow into them. Eventually. Until then, I think my new young friend shall master the ?pitiful puppy dog? look. [face_laugh] [face_love]

From entry four:

I can only say that my heart fell. Why was everyone picking on me? Why won?t they let me even know the name of the child? Liam (with more apologies) said that he also been forbid to let me see the child. That, I could understand. Sort of. But? Knowing a name? Where?s the harm in that? I sigh heavily. And of all times to deprive me of information, why now? I don?t think I?ve ever been as curious about anything as I am about this child. :( Why won't Master Yoda let Qui see, or even know Obi-Wan's name? [face_thinking] All I can say it, he'd better have a good reason! [face_frustrated]

It was funny how Qui-Gon thought his master was shrinking. [face_laugh]

Aww, great updates, Jedi-Gon! :D I can't wait for more, I'm very interested in what Yoda is up to. [face_thinking]

16. Jinngerbread

Sep 2, 2007

Master Yoda is up to something?

Master Yoda is almost *always* up to something :p Surely Qui-Gon should know that by now ;) [face_mischief]

17. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Is it just me, or is master shrinking? Either that, or I?m growing again. Dear Force I hope not! I?m twenty-four! I?m supposed to be finished growing! And I?m too tall as it is. Though I do take great amusement looking down to the renown master Dooku. But since I highly value my life and wellbeing, I haven?t mentioned master?s diminishing height to him. Perhaps, after we?re both one with the Force, I?ll tell him. Then he won?t be able to kill me.

That is so funny. Love it.

18. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    lol that was good.

19. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    I really really love this story! Qui-gon is my fave character, so naturally, I was attracted to this story.

So... was the baby supposed to be Obi-Wan (Ken)obi? I wonder if the answer will reveal itself later....?

Please add me to the PM list!

20. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003

[face_laugh] That was hilarious!

I really love this.
    Poor Qui-Gon, being kept in the dark about that name - well, patience, you must learn patience I guess ;)

More soon, please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.