main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Novelization of Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LottDodd, Jul 27, 2014.

?

Will you read the novel before watching the movie?

1. Yes

72 vote(s)
    36.0%
  2. No

128 vote(s)
    64.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    It seems others are also saying it won't release before the movie.
    Laurent @Link224 2h2 hours ago
    @DarthSpiriah Hi. About EpVII novelization, I have confirmation that in France it won't be released before the movie: http://goo.gl/y1V5b6

2. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    That's a translation though...

3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I think Lucasfilms should release the novel before the movie, personally I read all the Prequel novels and I loved the Prequel Movies, reading the books did not ruin It for me, and If you are in the opposite boat as me and you read the books but did not like the movies then you probably wont read the ST books first before the movies....

4. titansupes

titansupes Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2013

It's not about fans reading it before or after necessarily, they don't want literally the whole thing out there for every internet forum user/blogger/journalists to write about it before they see it in the movie. SW is a cinematic experience first and foremost, and this time around they want it kept mysterious until the movie's released... why would they blow all that by letting the novel out first? No matter how well written it is, it's just a supplement.

Dak Oolron, Lando Swarm and Seeher like this.
  5. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    well If MakingStarWars Is right on the money like some of you say then we already know the entire movie scene for scene:p

6. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    Yeah but those are rumors, the book would be conformation of actual scenes in the movie.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  7. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
  8. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    The lightsaber spun, twisted and turned as it exited space and entered the thick layers of atmosphere of the desert planet. The atmosphere, that normally would annihilate an object of this size was no match for it and neither was the gravity that swiftly took it towards the planet`s surface. The Force had other plans...
    ---
    Finn could smell the smoke as the burning TIE-figher flew towards the ground for the inevitable crash. The situation was made even worse by the fact that only one of the two men inside would be able to eject. Finn suddenly realized that he wanted Poe`s clothes. Badly. Since childhood he has never worn anything other than the white Stormtrooper uniform. As if he could read minds the Rebel pilot started to take off his jacket...
    ---
    At the last step of the staircase Rey finally stopped. With a look of relief in her eyes she reached out her hand, which held the lightsaber. A great Jedi Master reached out his. He took the lightsaber and gave Rey a reassuring smile. Luke Skywalker would not let monts of working out and beard growing go to waste.
    ---
    Something like this. :D

9. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    @Seher, there are some on here that think that MakingStarWars is right on the money and that his rumors are not just rumors but that Is what the actual movie will be....
    you got It Nipuhanipera !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

and I dont mean any disrespect to anyone on here especially making star wars I am sorry if I have offended anyone on here:)

10. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Given J.J. wanting to keep this as much a secret as possible, the January release date makes sense. Have everyone see it in the theater first so secrets won't be spoiled...

That's fine by me. And if it is still released before the film, also fine by me.

lovelikewinter and Hoggsquattle like this.
  11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Just in case this turns out to be right, as these recent rumors suggest... from page 1 of this thread. :p

12. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    did you get a force vision.:p

Revanfan1, nightangel and EHT like this.
  13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, Obi-Wan told me when I was lying down in the snow outside a wampa's cave.

BigAl6ft6, Rabs, Seeher and 4 others like this.
  14. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

Not so fine by me, as I'll likely encounter some blabber mouth :p

15. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Dak Oolron and Revanfan1 like this.
  16. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    Wow, his first Star Wars book for 13 years then.

17. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    It makes sense. Foster tends to stick very close to the scripts of the movies he writes novelizations for, which they'd naturally want so there wouldn't be any discrepancies to work out for the Story Group. The only thing I can think of that he varied in movies is "what's a duck?" and Luke thinking about his dog in ANH (though technically, we literally have no proof that Luke wasn't thinking about his dog when the Falcon blasted off), plus "Blue" and "Green" Squadrons, which came from an earlier draft of the script. I am sure he got the must up-to-date TFA script.

18. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Good news about Mr. Foster writing the novelization.

nightangel likes this.
  19. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Jedi News@JediNewsUK 3h3 hours ago
    Alan Dean Foster to write the novelisation of #TheForceAwakens #DelRey
    Jedi News@JediNewsUK 3h 3 hours ago
    Alan Dean Foster "working on the book right now and feels like no time has passed at all." "Been a lot of fun"
    First person to ask a question was Alan Dean Foster who asked if he could do the novelisation, Ms Shapiro and @jenheddle confer and agree!!!

#TheForceAwakens[​IMG] novelisation will come out on the 18th December as an e-book only. A hardcover will release at some point in January.
    [​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 and nightangel like this.
  20. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Now I really have to read Splinter of the Mind´s Eye...

21. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Awesome

22. Ligenot

Ligenot Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    Interesting. I had been expecting Luceno but I'm not disappointed.

23. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    Good read, especially if you hadn't seen ROTJ (like I hadn't back in the day :D) made you think Luke had a bit of a chance lol

Glad it is going to be a E-book first, I be able to download it after I get back from the movie ;)

24. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Sweet. Luke might get a new dog now.

Revanfan1, Dak Oolron and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  25. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    So you could read the book on your phone while waiting in line to get into the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.