main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The NSWFF Prompt Thread - New Prompts are Here!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Mira_Jade , Jan 24, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Whee! Now that can have all kinds of applications. [face_mischief] After reading the epi for "Insatiable" earlier this week, I also know the perfect! last line. [face_love] [face_love]

Mira_Jade likes this.
  2. Admiral Drabblar

Admiral Drabblar Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 2, 2014
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    *wriggles* Mira's Taking Flight response was super-duper also. =D=

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
  7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    And this week's prompt is:

Walls

Be it painting walls, building walls, taking down walls, or even emotional walls - you be the judge. ;)

And now I have a question or three. Have these prompts been working for you? Would your rather more specific prompts? Less abstract prompts? Prompts that are more phrases than one word? Or do you like things the way they are? That! And if you have prompts you would like to throw into the mix, feel free to give me a PM and we can work those in. :)

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh, that was all kinds of cool. =D= I love the prompts how they alternate being phrases versus one word that can be taken all kinds of ways. =D= LOL Let me come up with a list of some that can be used in future my delightful Mira_Jade @};-

Mira_Jade likes this.
  9. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    My current fic has walls in it and started with getting behind those walls, and will soon be about getting outside of those walls, so I guess it counts! :D

As for the type of prompts, they work fine for me, even though I haven't done much with them. Having them around to look through, though, is helpful for when I'd get stuck. Personally, though, I tend to work better from multiple words or a short phrase, but that's just me.

...I used "though" a lot.

Mira_Jade likes this.
  10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    TrakNar: I am so glad that these are helping you! I thank you for your feedback. :) And I am sure that we can work in some 'multiple word' prompts in the time to come. It would be a good way to spice things up. [face_thinking]

Nyota's Heart: I can't wait to see what you come up with. I am standing by. [face_dancing] And I thank-you for your thoughts, they really helped. [:D]

11. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    Mira_Jade likes this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I like the prompts the way they are. Already getting ideas for the new one The fifty words from 2013 gave great ideas too.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    The wonderful Nyota's Heart gave me an excellent list of prompts that I am restraining myself from writing from all at once. :p This was the first one on the list, and it was just so different than anything I have prompted yet, so we shall give this a go and see what we can see. :D (I've mixed the rest of your prompts in with my list too, so thank-you so much for sharing! [:D])

Three times a lady

I am very curious as to what the replies to this one will be. [face_thinking]

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mira_Jade likes this.
  17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  18. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
    As it happens, my response this time was also Trek.

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
  20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    And for this week we have:

Magnet and Steel

You may use one of the prompts, you may use both. Use them together or separately or upside down or sideways - it does not matter which way just so long as you use them. :p

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Perfection!! =D= I had a conversation rattling around in my head and now the context and the prompt just gels. [face_love] :D

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  24. Admiral Drabblar

Jan 2, 2014
  25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004