main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The NU Continuity Timeline/Source List

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 28, 2014.

1. DIrishB

DIrishB Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2014
    Good eye! Will be interesting to see what this ends up being. The fact it's an Annual makes me think a comic story, but I suppose it could also be a short prose novel.

2. jedigandy7

jedigandy7 Jedi Master

Sep 26, 2004
    I initially thought comic as well but if it is coming out around Christmas, Marvel doesn't have publishing rights yet. At least as far as I have heard. And Dark Horse isn't publishing anything after that Dark Times hardcover. So who knows....

Didn't the old Ewoks comic annual have some prose stories as well as comic stories? This project could be some type of hybrid lime that. I did notice too that the source is listed as Previews magazine. I no longer have a comic store available in my area but if anybody wants to check when the new Previews catalog comes out, it should give us more info as to who the publisher is, when exactly it is coming out, etc.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Couldn't it be something like Jason Fry's hardcover TCW Episode Guide books? Perhaps they plan to publish one per season?

4. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014
    That's not the only one (as you all probably know already), there's a whole bunch of Rebels tie-ins coming out in the next 10-12 months, shouldn't they be added as well?

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    There are several I've kept off the list for practicality purposes- mostly the ones that are children adaptations of individual REB episodes which are unlikely to add any new content (if they do, we can always add them later).

It helps this be more focused on the continuity/timeline aspects than becoming just a list of every piece of published material, which would be unwieldy and not as useful.

darklordoftech likes this.
  6. Hamawald

Jun 14, 2014
    OK, but I meant the ones that aren't adaptations, the ones that are more like reference books or something for kids, like Head to Head and Rebel Journal, since you already have the Reference Content heading.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Then I may have overlooked them or not added them yet. I'll take another look for the next update.

8. DIrishB

DIrishB Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2014

The Amazon description for the Rebels Annual reads:

Based on that I'd imagine it could be both prose or short comics, or just prose. However given the young reader nature of it's description (as well as the "games"), I'd think it may be short comics. Either way it does seem to have some new story material, as well as reference type stuff.

9. Hamawald

Jun 14, 2014
  10. jedigandy7

jedigandy7 Jedi Master

Sep 26, 2004
    Don't know all the details yet, but Insider #151 is now available on digital formats like ipad and I saw from the preview that it does contain a new short story by Alexander Freed titled 'One Thousand Levels Down.' Looks like it is about stormtroopers. No idea on time placement yet.

11. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    It has some interesting new info, like the Underworld Police are still around. They work with stormtroopers to "relocate" troublesome groups. Following the "Old Market Sector riots", Mon Calamari were relocated. Following riots by Alderaanian citizens after the Destruction of Alderaan, they were also scheduled for relocation. We follow two of them in the story as they flee from the Stormtroopers.

Centax 3 is mentioned. Herglics are seen.

Btw, I notice a lot of EU stuff in the sampler for the four new books. Cool that it's all made canon by default now. ;)

12. jedigandy7

jedigandy7 Jedi Master

Sep 26, 2004
    Does it give an exact time placement in story?

13. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Weeks or months after the Destruction of Alderaan, called the Disaster in-story.

14. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I'm glad to see Herglics back in canon so quickly. Honestly, I'm pretty surprised (in a good way) about how many things have already been recanonized between the short stories and the excerpts. Nice to know they're not throwing out a lot of the world-building.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Honestly, I think the majority of the world-building will stay in place, with the details behind planets and alien cultures. The problem would be trying to incorporate specific character actions and character arcs and big writ large universe histories.

my kind of scum likes this.
  16. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    I don't think they SHOULD incorporate specific character actions or arcs. I don't want to see the characters I care about turning into Rotating Ryloths. We can't have it both ways, so I would rather we didn't get it NEITHER way. If they want to start over, start over - give us something different.

17. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    There's a Devaronian blaster model called Vilmarh's Revenge in the Rebels Visual Guide. Guess he got into legit business following the CW. ;)

cdgodin likes this.
  18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I've done a quick update with the three new Marvel titles (presumable order for now, as they'll likely overlap once we get down to the actual issues) and the Vos/Ventress novel (since it seems like it's a Season 7 story, one would assume it's after Son of Dathomir.

The various Rebels stuff that might still be missing will get added soon.

19. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
  20. DBZGTKOSDH

DBZGTKOSDH Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2013
  21. jedigandy7

jedigandy7 Jedi Master

Sep 26, 2004
    According to Rebels: The Visual Guide, the novel A New Dawn takes place 6 years before the events of the Rebels TV Show when the rebel group first meets Ezra. So we can move it back to 11 BBY.

22. Captain RX

Captain RX Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2014

Are you guys sure the Insider stories are part of the new canon? I thought those were like SW Tales just out of continuity stories

23. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    It was announced in Insider #150 that their short fiction (starting with "Blade Squadron, Part I" from Insider #149) was part of the new continuity.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    And even previously they were never considered Infinities like Tales was.

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012