main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The NU Continuity Timeline/Source List

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 28, 2014.

1. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    What if they don't align with what's on screen?

Utter chaos I tell you!

Ordo Skirata likes this.
  2. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    BTW, browsing this site is interesting. It brought up these:
    Star Wars Rebels: Ezra's Duel with Danger, by Michael Kogge [ 128 pages] (March 17, 2015)
    Star Wars Rebels is a CG animated series that takes place between the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. This action-packed chapter book retells an episode of the show.

Star Wars Rebels: Battle to the End, by Michael Kogge [128 pages] (June 9, 2015)
    This action-packed chapter book retells the exciting final arc of Star Wars Rebels' first season. As the stakes rise higher than ever before, the Rebels must work together to thwart the Empire. If they fail, the consequences are unthinkable

This makes it look like Season 1 will have 5 total junior novelizations in the series by Michael Kogge:
    * Rise of the Rebels (the shorts)
    * The Rebellion Begins (Spark of Rebellion)
    * Droids in Distress
    * Ezra's Duel with Danger
    * Battle to the End

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Ah, yeah, I thought those were the McQuarrie books. Interesting. But I'd still rather hold off until we know what they add as, again, I don't think turning this into a comprehensive list of published material vs story content.

4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    "No. I'm not your father."

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Vader: (points) "But HE is!"
    Kids (together in a GI JOE PSA voice): "Lobot?!

Vthuil and Havac like this.
  6. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    I thought Disney declared TCW as non-canon too.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  8. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    The opening line in Tarkin establishes it taking place in 14 BBY.

Also, where did the 19 BBY date for Lords of the Sith come from?

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It was a placeholder, like the Tarkin one. When they were first announced, Tarkin was said to be set closer to ANH while LOTS was supposed to be set after/in proximity to ROTS.

I'll fix Tarkin's placement in a bit.

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. DIrishB

DIrishB Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2014
    Star Wars Insider #153 (October 2014) has a short story called "Rebels United" that features Kanan and Hera.

It doesn't mention any specific timeline markers, nor any of the other Rebels characters (like Zeb, Sabine, etc, and definitely no Ezra since it's definitely before they recruit him, likely years before).

If I had to guess I'd wager the short story occurs sometime after the novel "A New Dawn", or possibly even during the novel itself (I haven't read it yet). I'll have to double check but I'm 99% sure the short story "Rebels United" was also written by John Jackson Miller.

Taalcon likes this.
  11. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998

Wookiepedia notes that it's an excerpt from 'A New Dawn'

12. jedigandy7

jedigandy7 Jedi Master

Sep 26, 2004
    Rebels United is the excerpt from A New Dawn and is in Insider #152. Issue #153 is supposed to contain a new fictional story. I haven't heard any details yet on what it is about.

13. DIrishB

Apr 29, 2014
    Ah
    Ah, ok, my mistake. Thanks for the clarification. Kind of idiotic that they didn't state that it was an excerpt in the issue itself (at least that I could see). Like I said, haven't read A New Dawn yet so wasn't aware.

14. DIrishB

Apr 29, 2014
    Also, meant to ask, does it make more sense for the four Story Reels to occur between Seasons 5 and 6 of Clone Wars, given Anakin's mention of Ahsoka and her leaving the Jedi Order and not being available to help him and Obi-Wan on Utapau indicating her leaving happened only recently?

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Though these things can be fluid, that those S6 eps were finished and the Utapau arc was not, suggests that would have been the airing order, more or less.

16. DIrishB

Apr 29, 2014
    Very true, but as the airing order of the previous seasons and the chronological order differed pretty greatly, I thought it was worth bringing up. Especially since Anakin isn't one to hold back regarding his thoughts and feelings on various issues. He's very impulsive overall, and that more than anything makes me think the Story Reels would likely take place sometime soon after Ahsoka leaving at the end of Season 5, as opposed to after all the events in Season 6.

Might be worth asking Pablo or another of the Story Group members about.

17. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    No, because this arc (would have) featured the second update to Anakin and Obi-Wan's character models. Anakin's hair is longer and Obi-Wan's gauntlets are gone, making them almost identical to their Revenge of the Sith appearances.

You have to remember that Anakin and Obi-Wan don't really have good communication with each other. They've always suffered from a lack of communication: Obi-Wan has known nothing but the Jedi Order, he has a really hard time understanding Anakin's attachments to the world beyond, even before Anakin started lying and hiding things from him. They really only have this conversation by accident, and even then, they certainly don't resolve anything. The conversation ends with them choosing to continue doing what they've been doing: Anakin continues hiding things from Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan continues willfully ignoring the help Anakin needs. They'd rather fight things and make snarky comments (seen here and during the Battle of Coruscant) than get to the heart of their problems.

18. DIrishB

Apr 29, 2014
    Fair point. I didn't notice the character design difference (been awhile since I watched Season 6). Good catch.

Well, that settles that. :)

Jedi Princess likes this.
  19. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Pablo volunteered the episode placement on Facebook--Anakin would have had a new character model closer to his appearance in ROTS, so it takes place after the season 6 episodes. No information on where it takes place in relation to the Maul and Vos storylines, though.

EDIT: Didn't even see the posts above; whoops! :p

TC

20. DIrishB

Apr 29, 2014
    Still useful to know Pablo addressed that, I wasn't aware. Thanks for the info. It would be interesting to know when it takes place in regards to the Darth Maul - Son of Dathomir comic and the upcoming Dark Disciple novel. However, if I had to guess, since they're all based on written scripts and the Story Reels were, well, at least as far as being completed as the dialogue and story feel basic animations, but that neither the episodes that the Darth Maul -SoD and Dark Disciple are based on apparently never got that far, seem to indicate the Story Reels likely happen (chronologically) before DM-SoD and Dark Disciple. Just an assumption.

21. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    I'm fairly confident that Son of Dathomir takes place before the Utapau arc. In SoD, Obi-wan is still wearing his wrist gauntlets, and takes place soon after The Lawless. The story reels are much closer to RotS and Obi-wan's character model has been appropriately updated. On my personal timeline, I have SoD placed after The Lost Missions, but I'm even starting to second guess myself on that. The way it begins gives off the feeling that it picks up mere days after The Lawless.

22. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    At the same time, Stygeon is a secret facility. I could see it taking quite a while for Saxon's supercommandos to track down their Sith master.

23. DBZGTKOSDH

DBZGTKOSDH Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2013
    Wait, I'm a little confused:

• Why is the TCW movie divided in episodes?
    • Why are episodes 312-314 & 506-509 respectively combined into movies?
    • What's the actual first episode of Rebels? The 4 shorts combined, Spark of Rebellion, or Droids in Distress? Isn't SoR a movie?

24. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    He was using technical stuff rather than practical stuff.

The movie was initially a series of episodes edited to be a single movie at GL's decree. The individual episodes as such do not exist independently anywhere.

There were some special promotional videos/screenings of those episodes edited together for single-serving viewing, a la the TCW movie. The official website does not separate it into separate episodes, but only as the single movie. I don't see a point in dividing it for this list, either.

The movie, like with TCW, was initially produced as a pair of episodes that would be combined as a a single movie. The individual episodes as such do not exist independently. Spark of Rebellion - produced as two episodes originally called Ezra, part 1 and Ezra, part 2. As far as we the viewers are concerned, it only exists as a single movie, the 'premiere'. The shorts have the production codes of a single episode, are seen to be as preludes, not really combined as an actual episode - only for production purposes.

So you might consider the shorts as a prologue, Spark of Rebellion as a Movie Premiere (like TCW), and Droids in Distress as the first episode of the regular series (like 'Ambush' for TCW).

DBZGTKOSDH likes this.
  25. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012