main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The NU Continuity Timeline/Source List

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 28, 2014.

1. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    So basically you are saying there is no story/canon in regards to what happened before the events of the ROTS...no Labyrinth of Evil and No Clone Wars micros series....NONSENSE...for what? To have nothing? stupid Disney.

And give me a source that says Lucas erases the micro series with the TCW show... I always thought they existed in the same universe with the events in the show occurring during that brief montage of his adventures after Anakin became a knight in Volume 2

2. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Not yet, the SGC has to develop a story, plus as of the end of TCW Asajj is now a bounty hunter, and that doesn't mesh with the Micro series.

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    According to TPTB right now anyway. There are plans for a Battle of Coruscant arc for TCW but who knows when we will get it.
    So 3 versions of the Battle of Coruscant. Good luck trying to mesh them!

4. Darth Zannah

Oct 28, 2014
    Elaborate more...what plans? And you can't mesh Labyrinth if Evil with the micro series...they are not in the same continuity...period. To me the micro series was canon and all novels never were canon just "for fun"..that's not my point...but yeah, elaborate more...

5. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    After the Fugitive arc we got that letter thing from DF with concept art of stuff from what would have been Seasons 6 and 7. Son of Dathomir, Dark Disciple, the Anakin/Obi-Wan arc, Mon Cal, Ashoka on Mandalore etc. Battle of Coruscant was mentioned somewhere in there I believe. Which would overwrite the micro-series version of events.

6. Darth Zannah

Oct 28, 2014
    That stuff ain't never coming out now..c'mon..and YOU BELIEVE is not a valid source at all but I respect your opinion and have grown tired of discussing this...happy new year

7. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    You can fill in the story gaps however you want. There are more than one 'legend' of what happened in that period. There's just not an official canonical version.

Sometimes, what happened in Legends will be decided to be generally accurate, without a need to be re-written. In his canonical Tarkin, James Luceno made reference to events and characters that occurred in Legends novels. That confirms that the books containing those stories are not canon in and of themselves, but fairly accurate portrayals of what probably did happen.

Another potential example - in Micro Series, Anakin got his scar in a random battle. In the Republic comics, he got it from Ventress. Currently, there is no canonical explanation. It's possible the new Ventress novel could have a reference of her remembering giving Anakin that scar, thus 'confirming' that earlier source. That doesn't make all of Republic canonical, or even all of that story - but it says, "If you want a general idea of what we accept as having happened, check out that story." - and it would present that version as being 'more true' than the Micro Series version.

This list here, on this thread, is specifically for tracking what has been presented by the Story Group as authoritative canonical material. The landmarks, you'll say, of this new phase of Star Wars storytelling. the Micro Series is specifically not part of it - it holds the same status as Droids, Ewoks, and the Ewok Films. (And, you'll note, the Story Group has canonized elements from those works - such as Admiral Screed, who appears in Tarkin). They can be accepted as having happened unless better data shows that they could not have. Again - no problem including them in yourhead-canon. It's just a fact that the Lucasfilm Story Group is not classifying them as binding works.

Joe Kalicki likes this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    That stuff not coming out? Bonus content material, the Anakin/Obi-Wan arc, Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir comics, Dark Disciple novel ringing any bells? Might take a while for it all to come out but it well. I don't remember where it was mentioned but I do believe that the Battle of Coruscant arc was mentioned in that or elsewhere. There are production numbers for it anyway.

Thanks....... Happy New Year's......

9. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    starwars.com has stated in their Clone Wars Legacy video that the stories planned to be made for TCW but never completed are being treated by the Story Group as 'having happened', and canonical, FWIW. Opportunities are being considered how to get those stories out. Son of Dathomir has already come out in comic form. Crystal Crisis on Utapu arc was put online as an anamatic with voice acting. Dark Disciple is the latest announced, with a novel being released in a few months. Matt Lanter recently recorded some new material as Anakin. I wouldn't count this stuff out.

10. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013

After talking to people like this, you're lucky they provided you with the information you asked for after all... and that's coming from me, so you know it's rude.

We don't make stuff up here. If these guys were citing bad information, they would be corrected in a heartbeat. The micro-series was struck from the canon a long time ago, back when TCW came out; I didn't like it either, but it's just what happened.

11. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    That's partly inaccurate. The microseries was canon until the reboot. That was part of the problem with canon for the clone wars era when TCW was coming out. They said all previous information was canon and would be made to fit in the future. Since no work had been done though, the timeline was left extremely cluttered. All previous stories were forced into the first few or last few months of the war. There were conflicts between LOE and the microseries but attempts at reconciling then had been made back when ROTS was released. Still the microseries was canon until the reboot.

After the reboot, the story group did state that the microseries was no longer canon. We are free to include it in a personal canon and many have, but it won't be officially acknowledged unless it inspires a new story.

Cynical_Ben, Zeta1127 and WMIRTUTSF like this.
  12. Darth Zannah

Oct 28, 2014

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck..." And he provided me with NOTHING. I knew about all that other stuff and am as resourceful as any of you...I asked for material in regards to the battle of Corusant and he offered me beliefs...

13. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998

When it comes to official material concerning Battle of Coruscant, all that is out there now is what you choose to believe. There is no presently available account of the Battle of Coruscant that has been declared canonnical by the Lucasfilm Story Group. That is the facts. What may or may not have occurred in this point in the story is up to what you choose to believe.

Again, this thread is to document and account for the canonical sources and landmarks. As pertaining to this thread, your question has been answered. There is no publichsed/available canon for this period at this time, only "Legends".

Joe Kalicki likes this.
  14. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    When did TCW contradict the microseries? I thought that in the latter, Ventress just fell off the cliff and we never heard from her again?

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The micro-series has the Battle of Coruscant right? Do you really think that the TCW Battle of Coruscant arc will be the same as the micro-series' Battle of Coruscant? I don't.

I just know that there is supposed to be a Battle of Coruscant arc. Been forever since I looked at the article so sorry if my memory is faulty.

16. JediKnight75

Feb 15, 2011
    I hears that they had plans that far and I'd be surprised if they didn't release that. They mentioned wanting to release the untold stories and that's an important one.

17. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Oh, nevermind...I haven't watched season 6 of TCW yet. Or whatever "Legacy" is.

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Information???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darklordoftech likes this.
  19. JediKnight75

Feb 15, 2011
    Legacy is a combination of the Darth Maul:Son of Dathomir, the Utapau story boards, the Quinlan Vos book, and any other unfinished sstoryline they choose to release.

20. DBZGTKOSDH

DBZGTKOSDH Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2013
    So, Star Wars: Journeys: Attack of the Clones & Star Wars: Journeys: Revenge of the Sith have been released along with Star Wars: Journeys: The Phantom Menace as Star Wars: Journeys: Beginnings. TPM had some info about Lothal at that time, do AotC & RotS have anything new in them?

Also, will the UK & German comics be added?

21. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    What concept art are you referring to? There were plans to have another Mon Cal arc? What did the art show?

--Adm. Nick

22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    That letter where DF said Echo was alive. Not sure what they said what the arc about returning to Mon Cal was about, just that it was part of the plans. Would have to look that up.

23. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    The art showed the Mon Cal prince standing on the tail of some animal while talking to Republic representatives. It was cute. Also, a Quarren city.

24. jedigandy7

jedigandy7 Jedi Master

Sep 26, 2004
    i have been away from the boards for a few weeks and am playing catch-up at the moment. Has there been a consensus on moving the last couple Rebels episodes to 4 BBY based on Ezra's birthday? And do we have an exact time placement yet for the latest Insider story? Still haven't read it yet myself...

25. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    the rebels comic is due out end of this month.

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/01/toxic-magazine-announces-new-star-wars-rebels-magazine/

based on recent interviews with the authors of the comics, my stance has changed from what was mentioned by the story group. Martin Fisher, author recently said this:
    "Q: Do you come up with our own story ideas and pitch them to the publisher? How does coordination with Lucasfilm Story Group work? In other words: Can you describe the development of a story?
    A: Every story is unique combination of what I’ve written, what my editor likes and what the Story Group would like us to change. The story group approve everything we do and gives us notes if we’ve done anything wrong or if they feel something needs to be changed. It’s a good combination that works well."

this tells me this new comic is canon, so may have to squeeze into the NU timeline.