main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The NU Continuity Timeline/Source List

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 28, 2014.

1. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014

IIRC Ezra couldn't actually lift the bowl in Fighter Flight (Chopper did it for him=D=) and in Learning Patience he really is using the Force, so I would put it after Fighter Flight.

Taalcon likes this.
  2. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    Yeah, but he tried to do it himself and was distracted .In Learning Patience he instinctively used the Force to put the cables and in Fighter Flight he saved the Tie from crashing .
    It could be placed either way as in the end Zeb behaved a bit like himself at the end of Fighter Flight.(or he mocked Ezra and then they started to argue in Fighter Flight)

3. Cheebo86

Cheebo86 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 1, 2003
    Shouldn't we be listing Kanan: The Last Padawn arc as being somewhere within Rebels Season 1 timeframe?

Both the opening crawl as well as the opening pages refers to it taking place 15 years after Episode III. With the rest acting as an extended flashback within the Rebels season 1 sort of time frame.

We know it can't take place after Season 1 due to referring to Ahsoka as Fulcrum still.

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't know - they could still be calling her that, just like people who know Pete Mitchell's name in Top Gun still call him Maverick - it's a call sign, like "Specter-1 to Specter 6".

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998

Weisman basically stated in a recent interview that we see them in the first page, and then not again for the rest of the mini. I was trying to decide how to best do that, because it's very likely Chapter 2 will pick up in the flashback, and not with another 'present day' frame-story.

I've created a separate entry for issue #1's prologue, and placed it after Idiot's Array. I've also added an entry for the prologue of A New Dawn, and placed it after Dark Disciple.

I think when a box set of Rebels Season 1 comes out, I'll have the season all together as one entry, and then place those other media happening during the season placed below it, with a column for notes in placement relative to general episodes based on hints/explicit information.

6. Cheebo86

Aug 1, 2003
    I still get the impression it takes place somewhere in the season 1 time frame based on how they are doing a simple "milk run" for Lothal refugees. It comes across as if it is before the big sort of Rebellion meet up at the end of Season 1. I can't imagine that happening between Season 1 and Season 2.

Your timeline is really on top of things! :)

I agree with you, it feels like it takes place around the time frame of Idiot's Array, prior to the multi-part arc that closed out the season.

7. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    In Fire Across the Galaxy: "Did you know we were a cell? I didn't know we were a cell".

The whole "Not every mission can be about rebels fighting the Empire" thing, gave me the impression that Fulcrum had been giving them missions for a while - and that some of them had been "rebels fighting the Empire".

Whereas in Season 1, Fulcrum seemed to be more "informant" than "mission giver".

8. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998

I got the impression early on in the show that these were assignments with drop offs, etc. One might even suggest that as far back as A New Dawn, Hera is getting assignments/intel from Fulcrum, whether or not that 'Fulcrum' is the same 'Fulcrum' as is revealed at the end of Fire Across the Galaxy.

9. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    In Rebels, Fulcrum only talks to Hera, in private, whereas here she appears to be talking to Hera in the cockpit with them all except Kanan present - though that could be an artifact of the two scenes following each other quickly:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ahsoka_Tano/Canon

Fourteen years after the rise of the Galactic Empire, Tano was part of a rebel movement against Imperial rule. Now 31 years old at that time,[2] she worked with Senator Bail Organa of Alderaan and took on the codename "Fulcrum," which she used to communicate with rebel cells across the galaxy. One of these cells was the crew of the Ghost, which operated on and around the Outer Rim world of Lothal. She spoke only with Hera Syndulla, the owner and pilot of the Ghost, and identified herself only by her codename.

http://www.starwars.com/news/kanan-the-last-padawan-1-exclusive-5-page-preview?linkId=13147822

10. Cheebo86

Aug 1, 2003
    I got the impression in the issue that Fulcum told Hera what the mission was and she relayed it to the crew in the cockpit rather than being contacted in the cockpit in front of everyone.

None of her conversations with Fulcum or the time Chopper contacted Fulcum were ever in the cockpit I believe.

Saga Explorer and Taalcon like this.
  11. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    I think this is the case. Didn't want to waste a panel or two of Hera calling in the crew and having everyone file in to hear their next mission/task.

12. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm not all that attached to the idea - I just got the "contact with Fulcrum has become downright casual to them" vibe and I figured that it being post-Season 1 might be why.

13. Cheebo86

Aug 1, 2003
    They were already pretty casual about Fulcrum by the time of the final arc it seemed to me. Hera was discussing what she wanted them to do openly to the crew. Even Chopper knew how to contact her.

Fits well with Taalcon's placement around Idiot's Array I think.

14. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    darklordoftech likes this.
  15. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    All 6 films are being released digitally on most platforms this friday. I think it's likely all except A New Hope will have the Fox fanfare replaced - perhaps we'll be getting a hint of what the beginning of TFA will look like.

darklordoftech and pronker like this.
  16. DIrishB

DIrishB Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2014
    Good. The previous title of "Star Wars - Return of the Jedi: How a Princess, a Scoundrel, a Hairy Giant, Two Droids, Lots of Cute Furry Things, and a Jedi Knight Saved the Galaxy!" was horrible.

No title should be a paragraph in and of itself.

Saga Explorer and darklordoftech like this.
  17. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998

Also, all of the films except for ANH are available in the Disney Movies Anywhere program:
    [​IMG]

And all are being marketed sans 'Episode ____', just as is TFA.

DoubleSith and darklordoftech like this.
  18. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Meanwhile, today Amazon announce it's Amazon Instant Video app would now be available on all tablets, not just Kindle Fires and cellphones. Coincidence? *grin*

pronker, Hamawald and DoubleSith like this.
  19. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Darth Vader 004 in stores today. Lots of continuity nods present!

pronker likes this.
  20. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Websites are reporting that there is at least one continuity change to the Digital Edition of ANH out tomorrow . . .
    [​IMG]

21. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Hmmm...I'll believe that when I see it. I'm not an expert but I think if there were going to be any changes to the films there'd have been some marketing surrounding them. Especially a change like this, which they could use to appeal to fans who would otherwise skip the digital editions because they already have the existing blu-rays. (I'll be prepared to eat my words though, just in case.)

22. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    They didn't market any changes for the dvd or blu-ray either...

23. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Wasn't there some surrounding the blu-ray set -- admittedly not much about the effects changes per se, but I remember lots of talk at the time about the color timing changes intended to restore the lightsabers to their proper colors after all the problems with the dvd release. Plus don't forget, the Marketing department is now Under New Management (TM.) If they're rolling back at least one of the more controversial Special Edition changes, it represents a concession to fans that I'm sure they'd want those fans to be aware of when making purchasing decisions. Like I said, I could easily be wrong, and I honestly wouldn't mind if I was. We'll find out in 24 hours...

pronker and Taalcon like this.
  24. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
    Already debunked by that same website:

pronker and Taalcon like this.
  25. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    There you go.

In other, real, confirmed news - MORE CLONE WARS AT CELEBRATION! 'The Bad Batch' arc story reels, complete with voice!
    Seeing as how the Story Group has said these Legacy/Unaired episodes canonically 'happened', and this one will be publicly screened, I've added to the timeline.
    [​IMG]

I would be VERY surprised if this didn't eventually end up on starwars.com right next to the Utapau Arc.

pronker and The Positive Fan like this.