main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The NU Continuity Timeline/Source List

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 28, 2014.

1. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
    More from Devin, the author of that badassdigest piece:

https://twitter.com/devincf/status/586263132852584450

Taalcon likes this.
  2. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Here's something from the official site: apparently they're going to be handing out these double-sided posters at SWCA (sorry, it's a huge picture, I'll spoilerize it):
    [​IMG]
    Now...other than A New Dawn, what do you suppose is hiding in that section of the timeline that's covered up? Wonder if that could be either the presumed Battlefront novel or the TFA novelization?

3. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    My guess would be Battlefront, since that's the title on the timeline already in circulation.

Because it was at the end of the previous page, I just want to plug again the awesome news that is the announcement of the presentation of The Bad Batch arc!
    [​IMG]!

4. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    I'm going to go ahead and speculate a little bit here that "Devin" has not received an overabundance of journalism awards in his lifetime.

boomx2sjk likes this.
  5. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Saga Explorer likes this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    It works but will take a while to get used to.

Saga Explorer likes this.
  7. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    Wow it is one of the least things I expected that would replace the 20th Century Fox Logo.
    It is in some ways a change so it's also a brand new edition.;)

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd rather have the Force theme.

9. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Is there a reason other than nostalgia to keep the Fox fanfare in ANH? It's not the "original" one in any case anymore. If it was the unspecial edition it would be another matter.

10. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Fox still owns at least some rights to ANH.

11. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    The third Rebels Magazine comic "The Fake Jedi" takes place at some point between "Rise of the Old Masters" and "Call to Action". I placed it before "Breaking Ranks", but the placement isn't set in stone.

12. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    It will definitely take some getting used to, but it's not bad, actually.

There's a rights issue involved. Others may have a better grasp of the complexities than I do but my understanding is that 20th Century Fox still "owns" ANH to some degree because they put up the funding to make the film.

13. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998

While I understand Fox loses all distribution rights to the other films in 2020, because of its role and contracts for the original film, Fox maintains full and complete distribution rights 'in perpetuity' (basically legalspeak for 'forever') for the complete ANH film.

14. Padme's Love Slave

Padme's Love Slave Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 16, 2013
    The official site did point out some technical problems from the DVD's that were corrected for Blu-ray and that's all. This really takes be back to the ramp up for the DVD release with Rick McCallum denying that there were any further alterations to the films. lol

15. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    Yeah, but in pointing them out they were using them as a selling point. That's why they were being pointed out. I remember them even having videos up on the official site showing the difference.

Doesn't matter though, we know now that the digital releases are the blu-ray cuts with no alterations other than the fanfare. Which in the end is for the best -- I'm still recovering from the blu-rays, I don't think I can handle the controversy of another release with a whole big pile of changes in it! :)

16. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    So here's an interesting one: Hendrik from Jedi-Bibliothek.de is reporting that a new series of Korean-language web comics are coming out that will adapt ANH, TESB, ROTJ, "and beyond," and have already started with a story about Luke's childhood on Tatooine. Interesting thing is, because this was originally announced by the official Korean-language Star Wars Facebook page, Hendrik is speculating that this series could be canon.

Here's the initial Luke-on-Tatooine story -- it's all written in Korean, but it's pretty easy to figure out what's going on.

Here's the YouTube announcement:

Here's Hendrik's report, and here's a quick translation complements of Google Translate:
    There you go. I'm a sucker for Luke-on-Tatooine stories so I hope this does turn out to be canon!

EDIT: I thought something seemed familiar! The story is a rather direct ripoff adaptation of "Luke Skywalker's Walkabout" from the Dark Horse Presents 1999 Annual. I don't know if that makes this story more or less likely to be canon, to be perfectly honest.

Jeff_Ferguson, Cori and spicer like this.
  17. DIrishB

DIrishB Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2014
    Hopefully these will eventually be released on the Bluray version of Rebels Season 1. Or Season 2, maybe...

18. DIrishB

DIrishB Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2014
    Meep... double post. My bad.

19. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Concerning JJM's story 'Orientation', it has been confirmed by Cynda that it takes place 'as Vader and the Emperor are in route to Ryloth from Coruscant.', immediately preceding Lords of the Sith. And also, fun for continuity fans in the Story Group Canon:
    Rae Sloan from A New Dawn make an appearance!

Hamawald and Iron_lord like this.
  20. DBZGTKOSDH

DBZGTKOSDH Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2013
    So, did they made any changes after all to the digital releases of the 6 movies?

21. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Nobody's reported any. Only difference being the replacement of the Fox fanfare with music from ESB over the Lucasfilm logo on all of the non-ANH films.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Fox shot first.

PCCViking and pronker like this.
  23. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Iron_lord, pronker and spicer like this.
  24. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

Somebody should have proofread that a little better. They said his onscreen introduction was in episode IV. In anycase looks good and I assume it will take place 5+ years after what we saw in Rebels.

25. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Got some reason my replaced link didn't get replaced in substance ... here's the starwars.com link: http://www.starwars.com/news/lando-1-coming-in-july-from-marvel-exclusive

And yeah, cbr added a 'I' to 'V' :p anyway, Awesome!