main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The NU Continuity Timeline/Source List

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 28, 2014.

1. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    tantalizing....!!

2. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    March's Rebels Comic is out in the UK today titled "Ice Breaking"

This new story shows Ezra and Kanan in an ice cave on the planet of Bilzen. Kanan is teaching Ezra to concentrate and his inner focus. quite difficult due to the cold - which is the whole point of the training in an ice cave.

anyway, Kanan tells Ezra to focus on trying to focus on a crystal in the roof and bring it down with the force. He is able to reach out but struggles to bring it down. It does fall down eventually with Ezra realizing he needs more time.

At this point they discover the ID9 droid used by the 7th sister is watching them and it is hastily destroyed. the 2 Inquistitors then appear and a lightsaber battle follows. the 7th sister mocks Kanan for being himself only a Padawan.

a few swishes with the lightsaber here and force pushes here, Kanan creates an opening for Ezra to run from the 7th sister. He does indeed run and hides behind a large rock on a cliff edge. 7th sister comes into the cavernous room and starts to taunt Ezra telling him to rethink his teachings etc. Ezra uses the opportunity to concentrate on the force and bring down a crystal from the ceiling onto the 7th sister causing her to fall.

ezra races back to help Kanan and together they overpower the 5th brother with a double force push. they flee back to the Phantom which has been damaged due to the 5th brother's lightsaber, however the ghost arrives and magnetises the Phantom back to the mother ship and the fly off, bring the cave down and fleeing to safety.

Hera and Kanan and Ezra reflect on the events with the inquistitors making it out of the cave acknowledging that the force is strong with the jedi. however the 7th reflects on Jedi's weaknessess and they think they will win.

again a fairly self contained tale. some great artwork on the inquisitors making their comic debuts. this must take place before Shroud of Darkness as Kanan is still considered a padawan himself. any confirmation LelalMekha ??

3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    So can we say they keep finding them thanks to 7th sister's droids?

4. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Endol It takes place between "Future of the Force" and "Legacy," says Martin Fisher.

5. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    I think that is a possible explanation, yes.

Also - many thanks LelalMekha. Always appreciated!

6. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    Endol LelalMekha I just wanted to let you guys know how much I appreciate your contributions to this thread. Keeping my completionist timeline up-to-date would be almost impossible without your Rebels Magazine updates.:)

LelalMekha and Endol like this.
  7. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    - No worries, I'm like you with a NUcanon timeline, so the Fisher confirmation is invaluable!

vstarvan and LelalMekha like this.
  8. DIrishB

DIrishB Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2014
    So I'd been wondering when the SW - Adventures in Wild Space young adult novel series occurs, and this may give a clue (synopsis for Book #3 "The Steal"):

http://cavanscott.com/2016/03/31/star-wars-the-steal-cover-reveal/

Based on that I'm thinking the Adventures in Wild Space series probably occurs soon after the Star Wars - Rebels "Call to Action" Season 1 episode, or maybe between Seasons 1 and 2. I haven't read them so can't say if there are any other timeline markers in the first two books or the World Book Day prequel novel "The Escape".

9. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    I read somewhere (but I don't know where), that these novels occur in 15 BBY, ten years before the start of Rebels.

THe mysterious tranismission in the third book is most likely one of the original Bridger transmissions by Ezra's parents.

10. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014
    Jedi Bibliothek reported that soon before the books first came out I think, they got the info from a source from the UK publisher Egmont. So yes, I also think the transmission is from Ezra's parents, which I find a lot more interesting than it being Ezra's own transmission.

Darth_Voider likes this.
  11. DIrishB

DIrishB Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2014
    Ah, ok, thanks for clarifying!

12. Plaristes

Plaristes Jedi Master star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    The list is still missing the children's books Rebels to the Rescue! and Battle Plans from Darth Vader. Another new children's book with an original story that can be added is Bounty Hunt, published in the UK. It's set sometime shortly before ANH.

Endol likes this.
  13. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014

certainly Rebels to the Rescue! is a canon entry with a new story set within season 1 of rebels. Specifically before Path of the Jedi as Ezra comments in the book that he cant wait to get a lightsaber

Bounty Hunt sounds intriguing. i have seen it in some shops in england so will check it out. Not sure if Battle Plans can be considered canon - it is a bit meta with a personalised book from Vader and from the Rebels. it reminds me of Commander in that you get to pick a team, but considering "you" are non canon, who is the overarching story referring to?

14. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    The Databank on StaWars.com has a few entries pertaining to Star Wars: Commander, and those imply that Saponza and his partner (i.e. you, the player) canonically sided with the Rebels. Here's what the entry for the Jawa Kekit says:

15. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
  16. vstarvan

Aug 11, 2013
    I don't think there's really anything canon about the Battle Plans book. It's about as canon as a Star Wars birthday card imo. Maybe I'm wrong though, so I may as well point out that there's another book from Put Me In The Story called The Force Inside to be considered.

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So considering C-3PO: The Phantom Limb / LEGO

they reference that Admiral Ackbar has been captured by the First Order and they go off to save him, and we see Ackbar being rescued from the FO in the LEGO "Poe Dameron to the Rescue" short. So, unless there's a version of Ackbar's rescue that takes place in another media, one would have to slot in the LEGO short as canon in there. You figure, the Lego adaptations are "canon" from a certain point of view, they do recreate events that happened.

18. Fettster

Fettster Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 7, 2003
    That's exactly how they're describing the not-seen-in-movie levels in Lego TFA - that while obviously things don't go down in the humorous way shown, the bones of the story do happen.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Monthly Rebels Comic update. New comic tantilizingly titled Vulnerable Areas --oooh matron!

I think this is the start of a recurring character that may appear later down the line.

so the story is this.

On the planet of Imvur in the Hasmir System, Rex, Chopper and Kanan are helping a smaller insurgent rebel cell take stock of weapons/supplies led by a Commander Ryden. He and Rex are transporting crates from the Phantom into a cave network. Ryden tells Rex about how they stole supplies from an imperial base but one of his men was captured. They intercepted a message from Imperial officer Viggen confirming that he was on the way to the planet to wipe out their operations.

Meanwhile another rebel chap, Mr Linslo is chilling with Kanan and Chopper deeper in the cave when Rex and Ryden arrive. Both are unhappy with this lax attitude with Rex being very professional that work needs to be done. Kanan tells Rex to chill out a bit and was he always like that during the Clone Wars? Rex recalls that a lot of people fell during the conflict mainly due to be unprepared.

Anyway they plan to set charges to the base to cover their tracks knowing the empire are on their way.

Meanwhile in space, Viggen in an ISD arrive. A plucky lieutenant suggests bombing them from space, but Viggen wants to take them on personally in a ground assault.

The alarm sounds in the base and they get visuals of the AT-AT's. Rex says "not again". Viggen, in one the AT-AT's laughs at how powerful the machines are.

the rebels are concerned about escaping in time. Kanan and Rex are confident of success where as the other rebels are less so. Kanan suggests targeting the neck with the Phantom. He then notes that the rebels have some tanks themselves - MLC-3 tanks (i am reliably informed these are now recanonised, Kennar toys?!)

They have to keep the AT-AT's distracted until the evac ship arrives, so out they all go taking on the walkers in their little tanks. a fire fight here and there, a few neck shots, Chopper piloting the Phantom helping all gives enough time for the evac ship to arrive and get everyone out leaving both AT-AT's destroyed and Viggen cursing Ryden's name.

quite a cool little tale especially with the tanks. Im sure it's placement will be made known to us asap! LelalMekha

On another issue i acquired the young readers book Bounty Hunt today.
    Certainly this is a new story and tells of how Bossk is hired by the empire on the death star no less to track down a rogue astromech droid 261 that has escaped to Tatooine. followed by Bossk in the Hounds Tooth, the stolen imperial shuttle has made a has landing in Mos Eisley spaceport. Bossk wonder around, goes into the cantina before being directed to Jabba's Palace. He tells him Jawas are likely to have the droid and Bossk gets to a sandcrawler and finds the droid within.

pretty basic storyline that takes place before ANH. What i like is this is a lift the flap book which I know my little one will enjoy. the art is really good actually and quite similar to the Rebels comics. it certainly has a comic book feel to it. on each page there are some funny pictures that themselves are not canon per say - such as stormtroopers sitting on the ledge in a nod to the lack of railing by the death star laser. Vader is also on the death star which i am not quite sure tallies up with Lost Stars , cant remember but there is no fixed placement date here so could still work.

the tatooine art is nice, showing the MF just taking off in the spaceport and few T-16's and 2 podracers parked too. nice PT nod there.

vstarvan likes this.
  20. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    "There's always a bit of truth... in LEGO."

21. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    It looks like a very direct link to me, acid rain, recent mission etc

22. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Wibbly wobbly timey wimey I think. It's a non canon adaptation of a canon event that is not canon at the moment! (until it is released)

23. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Endol: Vulnerable Areas takes place between "The Future of the Force" and "Legacy." Fisher also noted that using MLC3 tanks was basically "recreating an old childhood battle." :)

Endol and vstarvan like this.
  24. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    As always, LelalMekha - many thanks! Onwards to May's rebel comics, this month entitled Academy Cadets

This felt like a throw back to early S1 of Rebels with the academy on Lothal. So the story picks up on the Ghost with its crew (Ezra, Chooper, Hera and Rex). They pick up an imperial SOS and note several lifesigns on board so decide to investigate. we get to see Ezra don his old stormtrooper helmet again.

they board the transport and are greeted by three young cadets. the lead appears to be a young girl called Reann (the artist was super excited about making a new SW character!) Reann tells Ezra that they were on their way to the Imvur system when an explosion knocked out their vital systems. Ezra points out that in cadet transport there should be a supervisor. Reann says that they had an argument with said supervisor, so they knocked him out.

When asked about repairs the cadets respond by saying they are not trained. Rex agrees to help and see if the officer needs any treatment. At the same time we see/hear the inner dialog of Jeken a rather angry cadet. He wonders what they are really dealing with in these rebels....

Rex checks on the supervisor who diagnoses concussion. Jeken then starts to taunt Rex noting that he is a clone and a traitor. still goading Rex, Jeken says that he is going to be a stormtrooper and superior to any clone.

Rex, politely tells Jeken to open his mind to what is really going on in the empire and warns him not to do anything foolish.

Meanwhile in another part of the ship Reann asks Ezra if he needs any help fixing the boards. Reann then opens up a bit, she is questionning the empire and Ezra encourages her to think carefully about her life choices.

later the imperial cadets all meet (5 of them) and note the engines will be back online soon. Jeken recommends striking a blow against the rebels, noting that they have a huge opportunity to impress their superiors. Reann protests stating that they have saved their lives. Jeken reminds Reann of the imperial oath and they must perform their duty.

Reann goes off to thank Ezra for all his help (i detect a bit of interest, romantically here...) ezra suggests that she comes with them to be free of the empire. Meanwhile we see Jeken retrieve stashed weapons..

with Rex and Ezra prepared to go, Jeken's crew try to sneak up on Rex, not going to happen. He is able to easily disarm Jeken but is stun by another cadet and locked up!
    Chopper then arrives on the ship so the cadets begin to fire at him. Chopper of course fights back and calls Hera too, but her entry into the ship is sealed off by a cadet. thinking as evil as he is, Chopper who had stolen Sabine's paints spins rapidly and fires spray paint at the cadets.

ezra hearing the commotion runs with Reann to the action. Jeken, who now has control over chopper and the situation, holds ezra to gun point and tells Reann that she should have the honour of stunning the rebels.

after acquiring the gun, she refuses noting how the empire is evil etc. she then fires at Jeken as Hera cracks the lock to get in. All cadets decide to remain on the ship except Reann who decides to come with the ghost crew.

Meanwhile an ISD takes in the transport and the cadets report back to Admiral Konstatine. He praises the cadets resourcefullness, especially Jeken and lambasts the traitor, Reann. He will personally make sure that his new C.O on Imvur rewards his bravery.

another great story I thought, as i said, harked back to the early rebels stories and Jason Fry's Servants series. I have a feeling Reann may appear again. certainly Konstatine has appeared a few times now I think.

Not sure on placement, (mainly because i havent watched S2 of Rebels yet) !!!

The Positive Fan and vstarvan like this.
  25. vstarvan

Aug 11, 2013

You've got some catching up to do! I'm placing it after Season two, although my guess is as good as anyones. There isn't anything in the comic that indicated when it takes place, but that might be because certain indicators were intentionally left out.

Season Two spoilers for those who've seen it:
    Kanan is absent from the comic, possibly because the writers don't know much about how Kanan will be presented after being blinded. Then again, Zeb and Sabine were absent too, so maybe they're just on a mission.