main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Obi Wan & Anakin Trilogy...what went wrong?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by CoolyFett, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I got it.

Shmi in a metal bikini would have made Ms. Tatooine on the galactic pin up calendar. Some rich man would have purchased her for his harem and moved her off Tatooine.

SIds told Anakin to set up the Jedi to come to arrest him, thus proving "the coup" took place by recording the fight, then cutting it so it implicated the Jedi in attempted murder and his murder of them was "self-defense." Not a plot hole.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  2. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Palpatine didn't really have a strong relationship with Jabba the Hutt, but Leia was Padmes daughter, so it all makes sense you know.

3. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    What did palpatine and jabba have to do with each other? I watched ROTJ, and when luke revisited tattoine to fight jabba, what was it for? Did it have anything to do with the empire? Or was jabba his own separate case, with his own goals and motives? Why was jabba a villian? What happened to him? He's one of the unexplained dissaperarences in the SW series, along with tarkin and the guy who vader said he found his lack of faith disturbing.

4. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Jabba more or less "ruled" Tatooine. He was a slave trader and slave owner; a crime lord. Luke and Leia opposed him because he had Han frozen. I am not aware of any canon stories on what happened to Jabba.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  5. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Jabba is evil because he is fat. Plus he liked to feed people to monsters for fun. That makes anyone evil. Han called Jabba a wonderful human being, but he was no where near as wonderful as the waitress who offered Obi Wan a cup of Jawajuice. Now if you think about this for a moment in the entire star wars saga one thing remains constant, Anakin doesn't like sand, which kinda means he doesn't like dirt either. The Deathstar was a very clean battle station. I can appreciate George Lucus making this connection. I'm not exactly sure who would win in a fight between Lando & Nute Gunray, but I'm sure if Shmi was a live to witness it Lando would probably win & that's the bottomline.

6. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Lando would win. Nute gunray was just a lizard alien. We had no idea of his action skills.

7. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Exactly! Lando would win.

8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    How does the question "when luke revisited tattoine to fight jabba, what was it for?" go together with "I watched ROTJ"?

9. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Why did Luke go to tattoine? Did it have anything to do with the empire?

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    He heard the Emperor was hanging out naked just outside Jabba's Palace and he wanted to check out the rumor for himself.

Zeta1127 and Valairy Scot like this.
  11. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Ewwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1That's disgusting.o_O[face_rofl]:_|:_|:_|:_|

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You're welcome.

Zeta1127 and Valairy Scot like this.
  13. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    [face_rofl] [face_party]

14. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Very interesting

15. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    THAT IS THE MOST DISGUSTING THING EVER IN THE WORLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than this person.

[​IMG]

16. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Obi Wan had no right to hide Luke from his father, that's kidnapping & another flaw on Obi Wan. Both children should have been turned over to Palpatine so he could raise them.

17. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    And then what?

18. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

I think that an absolutist mentality has always been a problem for Obi-Wan. Even after death, I don't think he was able to overcome it.

19. TOSCHESTATION

TOSCHESTATION Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    o_O

20. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Do you have a question Toschestation?

21. TOSCHESTATION

TOSCHESTATION Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003

22. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I think the answer was the "smilie."

Turn the kids to PALPATINE? [face_nail_biting]

23. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Well yes they were Anakins children too, I think deserved to have the in his care or at least the opportunity to hide them from Palpatine himself. They didn't belong to Obiwan to hide is what I'm saying

24. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    Given that Obi-Wan witnessed Anakin choking Padmé (and thereby cutting off the twins' oxygen supply as well as his wife's), I think Obi-Wan was well within his rights to keep the children hidden from their father. Anakin clearly wasn't willing to put their health and safety over his own emotions and given his instability, he was a danger to them.

FARK2005 likes this.
  25. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Well yes they were Anakins children too, I think deserved to have the in his care or at least the opportunity to hide them from Palpatine himself. They didn't belong to Obiwan to hide is what I'm saying