main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Obi-Wan and Siri Archive and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Obi-Wan_Siri_Index, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiriLVR

SiriLVR Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    First step: Choose the appropriate board to post on. If your story takes place before The Phantom Menace, choose Before the Saga. If your story takes place during the movies, as in somewhere between The Phantom Menace and Return of the Jedi, then your story belongs in The Saga. If your story occurs after Return of the Jedi, your story belongs in Beyond the Saga. *Note: You should not post a story in the Fan Fiction Resource, and you should not put a non-story thread in a board made for stories. Please try to figure out which board to post your story in before you post it.

Second step: Once you have chosen the appropriate board and you have entered that board, you will see a link that says ?Post New Topic.? This link will be located at the top of the board, under where it displays the name you are logged in under.

Third step: Once you have clicked on the ?Post New Topic? link, you will see a page that asks you for your subject and body. The subject is where you put your title and your body is where you put your first post.

Fourth step: (Optional) In your first post you probably want to add the below list so that your story can be properly indexed. It also helps your readers know a little more about your story before they read it.
    Title:
    Author(s):
    Timeframe:
    Characters:
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary:
    Notes:

Fifth step: Before you click the ?Post? button, click the ?Preview? button. The preview button will allow you to see what your post will look like so that you can fix any problems that you may have in your post. When you are satisfied that you like how it looks, click the post button.

Sixth step: Congratulations! You have now posted!

kind dont get it

2. DrkWoman88

DrkWoman88 Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2003
    I have a SotJ/JQ related question/possible food for thought:
    If Yoda knew about Siri and Obi-Wan, why were they put on so many future missions together?
    I know they make a great team, but you think Yoda would separate them just a tad...thoughts?

3. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    That's a good question and I really hadn't thought about it much. However being that they are Knights I'm sure Yoda expected them to work together as professionals. Plus with padawans around all the time, what's going to happen. :p

Also, in the later missions, Siri volunteered to work with Obi-Wan to catch Jenna Zan Arbor (or whatever her name was.)

4. SiriLVR

Jun 6, 2005
    thank you obi-wan_siri_index it realy helped

5. SiriLVR

Jun 6, 2005
    *grins* i sure do love this thread

6. SiriLVR

Jun 6, 2005
    im sorry for posting to much i wont post alot any more i promise

7. jeditachi

jeditachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2005

If Yoda knew about Siri and Obi-Wan, why were they put on so many future missions together?

I think it's because Yoda believed that they had completely gotten over it. He was probably the only one on the Jedi Council who knew about their romance, and it's the Council that usually decided who would go on which missions.

SiriLVR, maybe you could start with writing some of those Obi-Wan/Siri missing scenes from Secrets of the Jedi?

8. SiriLVR

Jun 6, 2005
    *grins* u mean wat happened durring the 20 years

9. jeditachi

Feb 9, 2005

Yeah, let's pretend there's no Part 2, so Obi-Wan and Siri could be talking about their relationship sooner, like just before or after she returned from her undercover mission. :)

Other missing scenes: At the end of chapter 13 when she had her lips on his cheek and whispered to him, it cut to Qui-Gon and Adi. And when they were on the ship to the planet that the pirates had taken Taly. ;)

10. SiriLVR

Jun 6, 2005
    ok ill try my best *grins*

11. SiriLVR

Jun 6, 2005
    ok ill do siri and obi my speacalty its gannah take ahwile

12. SiriLVR

Jun 6, 2005
    wat should the title be

13. Scruffy_McScoundrel

Scruffy_McScoundrel Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    *Peers in cautiously*
    Hi! Scruffy, newbie extraordinaire here. Just thought I'd join the discussion if no one minds.

Because he's a little green sadist? Jedi master or not, some people just get kicks out of watching others writhe in psychological torment. [face_mischief]

Plus with padawans around all the time, what's going to happen.
    *Nods* Having two pre-teen/teen boys constantly trailing after you constantly doesn't exactly make for a romantic setting.
    Their constant need to be fed, and cracking voices just kill any thoughts of romance, whatsoever.

Yeah, let's pretend there's no Part 2..
    What is this Part 2 of which you speak? :p

14. SiriLVR

Jun 6, 2005
    secrets of the jedi 2nd part was 20 years lator

15. SiriLVR

Jun 6, 2005
    jediTachi how many paragraphs do i need.

16. jeditachi

Feb 9, 2005

SiriLVR
    I'm not a writer, the only stories I'd ever written were for the required English classes in high school, and I didn't get good grades for them either. I don't think you need to ask what title or how many paragraphs you should have though, because it's all up to you. Sorry that I'm not much help. :(

17. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I guess it depends on what happened after the first half of 'secrets' because I think the only ones who knew what happened between Siri and Obi Wan was Qui Gon and Yoda. Siri said she hoped they wouldn't see each other for a long time afterward but how could Yoda do that? What if the council said that Adi and Qui Gon were a good team which would instantly mean Siri and Obi Wan would have to come on any missions they were assigned. Yoda couldn't exactly say that was a bad idea could he without giving the council a reason why.

I think in later years Yoda expected them to behave like Jedi, that they would be able to put in behind them.

18. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    I guess Yoda thought they were okay to go on missions together. If they were able to give each other up to become Jedi when they were still so young and not as wise, then he probably figured they were good enough Knights to ignore their feelings and follow the code. It turns out he was right. Nothing that romantic ever went on in the JQ series, much to my dismay. :(

I have a question. Do you think Siri Tachi's ghost will pop up sometime in the LotJ series? I mean if Qui-Gon's spirit talks to Obi-wan, then why can't Siri's? Plus, it feels weird reading about Ferus without Siri being around. :( I guess it's seperation anxiety. Siri is not dead, Siri is not dead....*hugs JQ books*... [face_laugh]

19. jeditachi

Feb 9, 2005

We can only hope that Siri will be talked about more or even show up in the LotJ series. In LotJ#1, Obi-Wan and Ferus thought about her only a few times and briefly. But maybe JW is planning to have Siri's spirit drop in sometime, because in SotJ, Siri is said to be strong in the Living Force like Qui-Gon. I don't remember this mentioned before in the JA or JQ series.

20. SiriLVR

Jun 6, 2005
    i got 1 chapter finnished im about to post it the title is /the love of two jedi/
    i hope you like the first chapter its in before the saga

21. SiriLVR

Jun 6, 2005
    it is posted now dont forget to read the first chapter second chapter will come in do time

22. SiriLVR

Jun 6, 2005
    i thought it was sad that siri died i almost cried

23. SiriLVR

Jun 6, 2005
    im watchin somtin on usa and i found a girl that looked like siri
    just wanted yall to know

24. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Because he's a little green sadist? Jedi master or not, some people just get kicks out of watching others writhe in psychological torment.

[face_laugh] By Jove, I think she's got it! ;)

I think Yoda expected them to rise above it and act like Jedi. He has a habit of doing that. (Example, RotS.) :D

SiriLVR- Maybe you should slow the posts down, okay? Otherwise it might be construed as spamming. :D

25. Scruffy_McScoundrel

Scruffy_McScoundrel Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    secrets of the jedi 2nd part was 20 years lator
    I know, I was being sarcastic. I'm pretty spacey, but I'm not THAT bad. 8-}

In a way, I almost don't want to see Siri's spirit. I think it's just the fangirl in me fighting the facts, but seeing her Force ghost would just be the final nail in the coffin, so to speak. (Denial? What? Where?!)

But on the other hand, it would be good if she did appear in the series. She'd be yet another presence to keep Ben from Obi-angsting over Anakin's fall. And the whole "I love you but I can't touch you" scenario is really quite beautiful in its own morbid, heart-wrenching way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.