main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Obi-Wan and Siri Archive and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Obi-Wan_Siri_Index, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agentj

agentj Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 3, 2004
    Obi-Wan_Siri_Index wrote:
    agentj There are stories where Siri survives the Clone Wars but nothing like you have mentioned where there is no Luke and Leia. You could write the story yourself.

Oh, no! I can't finish any of the plot bunnies I've got right now, including a little Ani/Obi/Padme story I've got running on the boards. If it spikes anybody's interest, especially if you'd like to adopt it, let me know.

2. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Obi-Wan_Siri_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2004
    hehe I hear you agentj, I'm having trouble keeping up with mine, too. :D Let it be known that agentj's bunny is up for adoption.

There are three new stories added to the index: [face_love]

Boulevard of Broken Dreams, by obi_ew (This one is found in the Xanatos's Lair challenge stories and you need to scroll down to find it.)

Worlds Apart, by obi_ew

Paunch is Good, by JadeSolo

[face_love] [face_love]

3. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    I actually enjoyed writing Worlds Apart . [face_blush]

Just don't tell anyone. [face_shhh]

4. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    YAY!! More SiriWans!! :p[face_love]

5. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Don't worry oe - you're among friends here. :D

6. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Sep 25, 2004
  7. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004

Siri Tachi has survived the Clone Wars. She makes it just in time to the Jedi Temple to see the destruction left in the wake of former Jedi Anakin Skywalker. Joining Obi-Wan and Yoda on their quest to protect Anakin's children, something goes horribly wrong, leaving Siri and Obi-Wan the last of the Jedi.

that sounds like one (of many) plot lines used in my piece, Starfall. Granted Siri and Obi-Wan aren't the last of the Jedi to survive... well, actually they are.

8. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    agentj: Siri Tachi has survived the Clone Wars. She makes it just in time to the Jedi Temple to see the destruction left in the wake of former Jedi Anakin Skywalker. Joining Obi-Wan and Yoda on their quest to protect Anakin's children, something goes horribly wrong, leaving Siri and Obi-Wan the last of the Jedi.

That's the story. Basically, there's no Luke and Leia. There's no hope for the future. Unless...well, nudge nudge, wink wink! Anybody got anything like that?

Vivid_scripts: that sounds like one (of many) plot lines used in my piece, Starfall. Granted Siri and Obi-Wan aren't the last of the Jedi to survive... well, actually they are.

:eek: :eek: Does this mean that the children Padme had didn't survive? And the condition that Obi-Wan is in, could he and Siri have children? :eek:

My story, A New Order has Obi and Siri working on repopulating the Jedi, but they aren't the last of the Jedi, Anakin didn't turn and the Temple wasn't totally destroyed. There is a lot of rebuilding of the Order going on and there is Luke and Leia, but they have very minor roles in the story.

I think there are a few stories with variations on the above theme, but not exactly that plot bunny.

9. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Sep 25, 2004
    I know there are some people out there who don?t really know who Siri Tachi is so I put together this brief profile:

Who is Siri Tachi?

Some basic stats:
    Hair color: blonde
    Eye color: blue
    Affiliation: Jedi
    Lightsaber color: violet
    Knighted around the age of twenty-three
    Her Master: Adi Gallia
    Her Apprentice: Ferus Olin

Siri Tachi first appears in the Jedi Apprentice books, which are the children's books written about Obi-Wan's apprenticeship with Qui-Gon Jinn. Siri is only in book #7 (briefly), #9 and #13. She is 11 years old in these three books and Obi-Wan is 13.

Siri came to the Temple as a baby and grew up in the Temple along with Obi-Wan. She is very skilled with a lightsaber and though she was two years younger was able to advance into Obi-Wan?s class. Adi Gallia took her as her padawan when Siri was only eleven.

She appears in eight of the Jedi Quest books, including Path to Truth, usually working alongside Obi-Wan and Anakin with her apprentice Ferus Olin. She is also in Secrets of the Jedi, which has just been released and is about Obi-Wan and Siri falling in love with each other.

Siri tends to be outspoken, impatient, and strong in the Living force. In a lot of ways she is the opposite of Obi-Wan. The two characters can complement each other or irritate each other and they both have a similar sense of humor or dry wit. There have always been hints of attraction between the two in the books, even though they are often described as bickering and bantering with each other.

Here is the bio on Siri Tachi from the official Star Wars site, but it isn?t up to date. It ends with information from the book Path to Truth and she has been in eight Jedi Quest books since then.

Also, Siri became notorious for wearing a close fitting leather unisuit as her Jedi garb, once she became an adult. Apparently since this was not the traditional dress and, though not enough of a transgression to get reprimanded for, it did raise a few eyebrows and made her appear as something of a rebel.

If anyone has anything they would like to add about her, please do, but remember it is still too soon to post anything that would be a spoiler for Secrets of the Jedi.

10. jeditachi

jeditachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2005

I'd just like to add a few little details.

In Jedi Apprentice #7 where Siri first appeared, that was the first time Obi-Wan spoke to her, even though they always knew of each other.

Siri should be about 12 in JA#13, because Obi-Wan is 14 in #11-13. (JA#11 p.2)

Yes, Siri tends to be outspoken and impatient, but that doesn't mean she is an angry person. I've read quite a few fics where Siri is described as often angry, as opposed to the always calm Obi-Wan, which I don't think is consistent with the canon Siri. In some situations in the books, she is actually the calmer of the two, when Obi-Wan worries too much.

Siri is supposed to be beautiful, at least Obi-Wan thinks so. When she was younger, she didn't like to be thought of that way, but later on when she was about 16, she didn't care about her appearance one way or another.

She is mentioned as being tall in the Boba Fett #1 book (p.110), and having a trim build in the Jedi Quest and Secrets of the Jedi books.

She wears a unisuit in JQ#1 (p.25), but has gone back to wearing tunic and leggings by the time of JQ#8 (p.24,74).

11. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I hope this is the right place for this but I have written a siriwan fic which contains spoilers for secrets of the Jedi. It is in before the saga and called 'It begins now'

12. Frank1212

Frank1212 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 2001
    About Secrets of the Jedi....when is that book coming out?

13. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    The book has been out in some places for almost three weeks, but not everyone has had a chance to read it. It will be a while before we discuss it here.

Check your local bookstore. :)

14. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    Thanks, jeditachi! (I did see your compliment before you edited ;) and I appreciate it. :) ) And I couldn?t agree with you more that being outspoken doesn?t mean being angry ( or I?d use another word that starts with a ?b? that isn?t board friendly. ;) )

You?ve added some great information. I have noticed, too, that in the later books that Siri is wearing more traditional Jedi clothes.

That Obi-Wan thinks Siri is beautiful, brings up a good point and that is, throughout the stories, Siri is seen through Obi-Wan?s eyes. (Sometimes through Anakin?s or Qui-Gon?s.) Because of this, we never really know what Siri actually thinks or feels, we have to assume it from another character?s assessments of her.

Another tidbit I remember is that Siri was quite rule bound as a child, but once she returned from her undercover mission as Zora she seemed a little restless and less inclined to listen wholeheartedly to the Council. She doesn?t seem to mind running into the Council room habitually late for her appointments, either.

15. jeditachi

jeditachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2005

Hi, Jedikma! Sorry I edited out my comment about how well you write Siri, I thought I should move it to your fic thread. :)

Maybe Siri went back to wearing more traditional Jedi clothes because of Ferus? Maybe she didn't want her teenage Padawan to be attracted to her in that way. ;)
    Edit: Seriously, I think the consummate and proper Ferus must have had at least some influence on Siri.

It's true that Siri was very rule bound when she was younger. But she seemed to begin questioning the rules a bit when she was around 16 or so, and obviously more rebellious after she returned from her undercover mission. I think she even looked back and questioned the decision she and Obi-Wan made about their relationship. It would have been interesting to see things from her point of view.

16. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Siri to me always seemed hard as nails, tough as rock, in your face and I don't care what you think about it. That's the impression I got in the JA books and especially in Jedi Quest until Secrets of the Jedi. We suddenly saw the softer side to Siri.

17. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    I disagree that Siri is always tough as nails and in your face in the Jedi Quest books. She shows her compassionate side in JQ #1 when she confides to Obi-Wan about her apprentice. In JQ # 5 she gets angry with Obi-Wan, but it is justifiable and isn?t overly confrontational, plus she quickly gets over it. In JQ # 8 she holds back when the one unsavory guy is flirting with her and she also shows a fun loving side in that one, when she teases Obi-Wan about his undercover wardrobe. In JQ # 9, even Anakin notices a moment when Siri looks at Obi-Wan with gentle concern.

When I see her personality the most abrasive is in the JA books, but she is still a young kid trying to prove herself and hasn?t learned that it isn?t wise to always speak your mind. Also, we see her through Obi-Wan?s eyes and he is upset, because she lets him know what she thinks, which isn?t kind to him on several occasions. He takes her rebuffs pretty hard and one has to ask why he cares so much what she thinks about him? Because he already likes her and whether he wants to confess it or not at that time, he wants her to have a good opinion of him. She eventually comes around to that. ;)

There are many sides to Siri, but because she isn?t really in the books that extensively, we don?t get to see her in detail and as I mentioned before we don?t get to see what she actually thinks or feels.

It would be interesting to see things from Siri?s pov.

18. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Sep 25, 2004
    Four new stories added: [face_love]

Reflections, by SiriKenobi12

It Begins Now, by Hananiah (Note: Spoilers for Secrets of the Jedi)

Dual Destiny, by ZaraValinor (Note: WIP sequel to Please Don't Come Back)

and

Impulsive, by Master_Noi

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

19. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    Does this mean that the children Padme had didn't survive? And the condition that Obi-Wan is in, could he and Siri have children?

:silence:

I reveal nothing...

Anyways, i've also read secrets of the Jedi, but I will hold my comments until Jedikma thinks its appropriate for us to discuss...

20. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Sep 25, 2004
    Two new stories for this update: [face_love]

Accidentally, On Purpose, by Jedikma

and

Jedi Don?t Dance, by Master_Noi (Note: This is a series of Obi-Wan vignettes and the siriwan story is the second vignette posted titled, Lessons.)
    [face_love]

Also note, Twice in a Lifetime, by Jedikma has now become a work in progress.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

21. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Jan 14, 2005
    Wow ! I really liked those viggies by Master_Noi! They are great, haha and sooo funny!

22. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Thanks Siri-Wan. :)

23. padawan-grasshopper

padawan-grasshopper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2004
    Hey y'all!

I just bought a visual dictionary for Episode III from Wally World, and in the data bank for Obi-Wan it says:

"Obi-Wan is not without secrets of his own, including a realationship with Jedi Siri Tachi, who died saving Padme."

-Locust

24. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    Ooohhh!! That is so cool padawan-grasshopper!!!

[face_love] [face_love]

Thanks for sharing. :) I only skimmed through that book a little when I was out at the book stores this weekend, so I missed that part. :( I should have looked more closely. :D

25. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Jan 14, 2005
    HAHA !! Even more canon material to prove Siri and Obi-wan belong together! [face_dancing][face_love]

Thanks for sharing padawan-grasshopper!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.