main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Obi-Wan and Siri Archive and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Obi-Wan_Siri_Index, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceForGood

ForceForGood Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2010
    I've been enjoying the conversation you've all been having about Obi-Wan's fatherly side. It's something I've thought about a lot, and I'm exploring the idea in a novel-length fanfic I'm writing now. He's a good teacher and a gentle man and it seems like fatherhood would come to him naturally.

You know, if the movies had been produced in the order of Ep. 1- Ep. 6 rather than backwards, like they are, it seems a natural choice to have Obi-Wan himself raising Luke on Tatooine, rather than giving him away to complete strangers he knows nothing about. The only problem is that then Luke wouldn't have a mother, but I know we can all think of A/U situations in which Obi-Wan would find a certain someone willing to hide out on Tatooine with him for a few decades. [face_love]

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    A lot of someones - and not all blonde or Jedi. Just saying.

3. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    [face_laugh] Ahhhh, so true... :D

I agree! Obi-Wan was as much family to Anakin as anyone. I've read an AU, or two, about that but I guess I've never sat down and thought about it. Maybe him learning to become a force ghost was too intensive, to watch a little one at the same time? Let me tell you, I only have time to write this because my little one's stuffing her face with banana right now, and that only gives me two minutes tops! And I only have time to do anything else, because I have a husband and lots of help. Being comfortable with, and loving children is a lot different than raising one 24-7, or whatever Tattooine is, by yourself, but still something to think about.

4. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    Bereaved

I figured I'd post this here, seeing as how it's a Obi-Wan/Siri fic, written by yours truly [face_blush]

5. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    ^ Read it, it's excellent.

6. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Okay, folks, I've got the cast off and am able to type again. So that means:

I can type, hence I can write. [face_dancing]

Shall we have a challenge, or a dare, or just throw out plot bunnies??

(Besides the prior mentioned hormonal teen Obi, etc. which is NOT forgotten. It'll just take me a while to get back into full story-mode mentally - I've had to step back for several weeks and I'm slow to get the brain thinking and the fingers flexing.:( )

7. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    I'm sure that this plot bunny has been mentioned/conceived before, but, it doesn't hurt to share, right?

The outcome of the Mustafar duel is reversed. Obi-Wan was maimed and burned and left to die, then was rescued by Siri and presumably rehabilitated by her.

8. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    ^ That's a hot one (ouch, hot, hot...) and one I don't remember seeing.

WHY would Vader leave Obi alive for Siri to rescue...[face_thinking]
    Lots and lots of lovely angst and h/c in that one.

Anyone else?

9. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Ah...I found this thread again...I had lost it..couldn't remember where to find it. Thanks for posting and pulling it up, folks! [:D]

I like the Siri rescues Obi at Mustafar story...thats a good idea!

10. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Okay, challenge on?

Who wants to duel?

11. Raxacoricofallapatorius

Raxacoricofallapatorius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2010
    I'm on with that, Valairy. Should we have a deadline?

By the way, I have a story to add to the index, written by me. :p
    Title: The Force of Love
    Link: http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/31653545/r31655213/
    Author: Cade_Cryocharger
    Timeframe: PT
    Characters in addition to Obi-Wan and Siri: Yoda, Yaddle, Anakin Skywalker
    Genre: Angst, minor bit of humor
    Summary: Years after Qui-Gon's death, Obi-Wan is still experiencing the acute sorrow that was accompanied by the nightmares. Siri will always be there for him, just not always in mortal form.
    Notes: This was a response to the 2011 Dare challenge

12. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    You should PM the sock (index) to get your story added - and a fine story it is.

Deadline? [face_thinking] I'm not sure how many are in.

13. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I haven't written anything in a long time, but I'd be up for a SiriWan challenge. :)

14. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    yay! The cast is off! Does one offer congratulations in circumstances such as these... [face_thinking] Well, I'm glad for you at any rate

Gosh, I swear I had an idea for a Siriwan... can't think of it :confused:

I like the Mustafar idea, as long as poor Obi isn't maimed too bad! Maybe Anakin in his arrogance, leaves him there, because he doesn't feel he is any threat? Also, I feel like Obi-Wan initiated the actual fighting, not Anakin. Maybe there was a part of him that just wanted Obi-Wan to bow down to his authority, instead of it coming to Anakin having to kill him.

That would be some great Siriwan h/c, but it could turn into a massive story!

15. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Hah - sure, congrats are in order, even better a "high five" and even better yet a "kick in the muse's butt" - I've got lots of half-formed plot bunnies floating around including the Mustafar one.

How close to canon should it be? How to maim without maiming Obi-Wan :p Does Padme still get taken to Polis M to deliver her babies before dying or do we care? Is the galaxy now firmly under the rule of VAder & Palps...details, details, details.

But I plan on writing it.

Who votes for:

1. Vignette
    2. Short story (2-6/10 chapters)
    3. Epic (please, no, I've got too many of those half done)

Maybe I'll do a viggie then revise it into a shortie.

16. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    High five! Yay for healing

I think it should be completely different than cannon, as different as you can make it. Maybe Padme didn't go, and that's the difference, or Obi-Wan convinced her to wait on the ship.

I think that sounds perfect! And then maybe someday it could even be expanded into an epic ;) I actually really enjoy the challenge of viggie's, plus they fit much better into my busy life. I usually like the trailers, better than the movies, too :p Unless it's Ewan. i could watch him watch paint dry all day.

17. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Like this painting of Ewan as Obi-Wan?

[image=http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/earlybird-obi-wan/forcenetart/obidoom5.jpg]

I painted that for a SiriWan

18. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    serendipityaey[face_laugh] "I could watch him watch paint dry all day"...

Ha-ha..thats exactly what a critic said about Ewan one time..he said "Ewan's fans would happily watch him paint a wall white then sit and watch it dry."

19. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Really? That's funny. I suppose I just proved that critic absolutely right :D Painting with Obi-Wan... that could be fun...

20. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    RE: Challenge talk

vignette or short story could work. I've already got one planned along these lines for the prompt that I made. It will probably fit into the same AU as The Dark Queen of Naboo.

21. Raxacoricofallapatorius

Raxacoricofallapatorius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2010
    I think we should do a short story. I don't think I'm ready for an epic yet. :p

22. Siri-the-Vixen

Siri-the-Vixen Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2011
    for the whole Mara Jade discussion of weather or not if Obi-wan's her father i would like to put this theory on the floor. What if Obi-wan is her grandfather?

23. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Under this theory, what's the line of descent to Mara?

24. Vivid_Scripts

Jan 21, 2004
    Obi-Wan would have had to had Mara's mother/father when he was ~14-15 for the math to work out.

25. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Precocious much, Kenobi? *snigger*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.