main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Obi-Wan and Siri Archive and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Obi-Wan_Siri_Index, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    I hope I won't upset any Sabewan fan's who might be in her, but I agree with Stargazer. Obi-Wan with one of Padme's handmaidens never jived with me, especially Sabe who looks incredibly like Padme. Certainly Obi-Wan doesn't need a copy cat of the woman his Padawan loves.

2. Stargazer-19

Stargazer-19 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2004
    Yeah, that's it. Maybe if they had expanded on her character, either in the movies or the EU, I might have been able to see it better but its hard for me to picture Obi with Sabe because we never see her out of the make-up or get to see her in a "more than decoy" situation...not that I have anything against Sabewan, I have read some great Sabewan fics out there. Its just that my personal preference happens to be Siri/Wan. Just as I'm sure that Sabe fans prefer her over Siri.

3. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I am instinctively drawn to sabewan because there is so much potential and there are some awesome sabewan fics. However looking at Obi Wan's character I would have to say he would probably fall in love with someone of his own order. I don't know why-I mean they would both know it could never happen but I think to understand Obi Wan you would have to be a jedi cause it's such a big peice of him.

4. padawan-grasshopper

padawan-grasshopper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2004
    Don't worry Jedikma, I like spoilers!

Someone has really got to write that scene!

-Locust[little_green_alien_but_not_yoda]

5. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    To me, there are so many reasons why Siri and Obi-wan just seem to be perfect for each other. Many of them have been discussed in the Forum already, so I don't want to dive into some huge deep essay on their relationship. But just the fact that Siri is Obi's opposite, I think really helps them mesh. I can't help but love Siri's character just because.... just because she is Siri. :p

Another reason is I think they work together is because, being accurate to Obi's character, I don't think he would have a relationship with someone outside the order. I don't see him walking around with some girl who isn't a Jedi. He is so loyal to the order, as is Siri, that they know it is forbidden, and there is a mutual understanding of that. If he were to date someone who is not a Jedi, they could never really understand that commitment he made, they wouldn't have a reason not to go running around town with him, and would probably rescent him for it.

Plus, being a Jedi Obi-wan and Siri can relate to each other, with their struggles and their commitment to the order. Also, them both being Force-sensitives, I think adds more depth to their love. They can sense one another.

I can see why some like Sabewans, we just don't want Obi to be alone, but from MY view, I always saw him and Siri falling in love more likely.

*cough* I said I wouldn't dive into their relationship and look what I did. [face_blush]

6. jeditachi

jeditachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2005

I always thought that if Obi-Wan, or any Jedi, fell in love, it would happen only when they were young and naive. Because all Jedi know the Code, why would they let themselves start something that is forbidden for them. It could only happen to adolescent Jedi who are not so in control of their feelings, imo.

It just seems out of character to me for Obi-Wan to fall for Sabe or Padme, because when he met them, he was already a mature Jedi at 25, and they were much younger at only 14. Now that we know he was already in love with Siri :) and suffered because of it, I'm even more convinced that he never thought of them in that way.

Speaking of adolescent Jedi, my theory is that one of the reasons Ferus left the Jedi Order was because he was in love with his master Siri, since she was beautiful and only about 12 years older than him. ;) Am I the only one who think this?

7. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    I never considered Ferus falling in love with Siri, but the thought did occur to me he might love Darra, the padawan who died and he felt it was his fault.

I also always felt that Anakin, being as insightful as he was into other people, had an idea of his Master's feelings towards Siri. So I had an idea that maybe Ferus knew of Siri's feelings for Obi-Wan and watched her suffer over them. He may have felt sorry for his Master and felt that the Order was unfair to keep Siri and Obi-Wan apart. (Well this was an idea I tossed around for a fic once and have yet to make it materialize, anyway. :D )

As far as Sabe or Padme for Obi-Wan--the thought never occured to me until I came across fan fic. In some cases I wonder if the authors just don't know about Siri.

It also makes more sense to me and it keeps Obi-Wan in character for him to fall in love with a fellow Jedi. And, of course, I love Siri. :)

8. padawan-grasshopper

Nov 13, 2004
    I always thought that Darra and Tru were a brother/sister-like pair. It almost seemed like Ferus looked after them like an older brother would. I think that Siri took Ferus on as her Padawn because he reminded her of herself when she was younger. I've always thought of Ferus looking up to Siri like an older sister.

SOMEONE POST A STORY ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED AFTER CHAPTER 13!!!!!

-Locust(guess which computer I'm on)

9. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Considering Obi-Wan's feelings on politicians I really don't see him with Padme. She doesn't seem the type that would challenge him either. She fits good with Anakin because he needed a gentle caring soul, but I always felt Obi-Wan needed someone who kept him on his toes and that would definitely be Siri.

10. padawan-grasshopper

Nov 13, 2004
    I tend to agree with ZaraValinor on the Obi-Wan and Padme issue.

11. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    I agree, too. I also agree that Obi-Wan needed someone to keep him on his toes and Siri is perfect for that. :D

[face_love]

12. Stargazer-19

Stargazer-19 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2004
    I agree, too. I also agree that Obi-Wan needed someone to keep him on his toes and Siri is perfect for that.

Yep, to keep him on his toes and permanently exasperate him. :D

13. SiriKenobi12

SiriKenobi12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    I agree with all of that! The main reason I never bought into the SabeWan stories was because of two reasons, one has already been brought up and that is the major age difference when he meets her. She is only 14 and he is 25!!! Now even if Obi Wan wasn't a strict Jedi with the code it is still hard for me to believe that a 25 year old would fall in love with a 14 year old.

Besides that the real main reason I don't buy it is becuase I don't think Obi Wan is the type of character who would fall in love with someone on a chance encounter! He is not a romantic and not very impulsive so I just don't see him falling in love very quickly. I think Siri not only makes total sense because they have been close friends for a while, but she just matches him perfectly!

No offense to the SabeWan fans, I've read some great fics with the two of them falling in love, I just personaly could never see him with anyone other than Siri.

14. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Jan 14, 2005
    [face_love] Obi-wan and Siri [face_love] *cough* sry had to get that out of my system [face_blush]

15. padawan-grasshopper

Nov 13, 2004
    Someone needs to write that missing part of the story!

16. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Jan 14, 2005
    You know what would be a cute idea for a viggie. Well, correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that Jude Watson never wrote a scene when Siri first comes back to the temple after working as Zora. It would be cute if someone wrote a scene with Obi-wan and Siri, around that time!

17. padawan-grasshopper

Nov 13, 2004
    Agreed! *looks around at everyone* Now who's it gonna be...?

18. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    I have a set of three viggies that are about Siri's return to the Temple after her undercover work as Zora. Night on the Town, Hidden Underneath, and Will of the Force. (Links in index or my bio.) They are all slightly AU now because I was thinking that Obi-Wan and Siri, although they clearly had feelings for each other, hadn't realized they loved each other yet. Still, they were a set of fun fics to do. :)

19. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Jan 14, 2005
    Oh ya, Master I remember reading those. One of them is like when Siri moves into her new apartment and Obi-wan helps her. I enjoyed those. I was just throwing that idea out there again, because I had just gone back and re-read Jedi Quest and thought it would be a good idea. I might actually take a swing at it, sometime.

20. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    Go for it, Padawan! I'd love to see it. :)

21. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Go for it Siri-Wan! :)

22. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Jan 14, 2005
    Haha! Thanks for the support. I might try it soon, but I have someting else in the works right now. Hehe. Right Master? lol [face_mischief]

23. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    Still looking forward to your story, Padawan. Hope you get it done soon, we need more stories for the index. :D

24. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Obi-Wan_Siri_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2004
    Two new stories have been added: [face_love]

In Love and Honor, by VaderLVR64

and

Away, by deathstar_cakewalk

[face_love] When this index started there were only 48 stories, now we are up to 89 stories. [face_love] Thank you to all who have contributed. :)

Also, I want to stress once again that I don't always catch every siriwan story here on the boards so if I have missed your story please PM the information to the index. :)

* Now for discussion *

[I know we all have our reactions to the book that makes this pairing canon, so (thanks to a friend for this discussion question)...]

How do you think their relaitonship was handled in the books? Good, bad, or just as you expected? Could it have been done better?

25. jeditachi

jeditachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2005

I think their relationship when they were Padawans was handled well in the JA books and in Part 1 of SOTJ. I also like it in the hard cover JQ. There were the growing respect and admiration they had for each other, and Obi-Wan's attraction to Siri, in the JA books. In the hard cover JQ, his hurt feelings at her leaving the Jedi suggested a close relationship between them. And of course, I like their romance in SOTJ-part1 :) until Qui-Gon interfered :mad:.

I don't like their relationship in the JQ series that much. They acted like two casual friends who teased and made fun of each other a little too much. After the JA books and hard cover JQ, I had hoped to see at least some hints of a secret love between them, but was disappointed. SOTJ came up with their promise not to speak of their love again. But still, there should have been hints of it in the JQ series, imo.

I don't like SOTJ-part2, because just shortly after they talked about it for the first time in 20 years, Siri went and did something really reckless :(. That didn't have to happen there. JW could have had Obi-Wan, Siri, and Ferus fighting their last battles together in the Last of the Jedi. Then maybe Siri could die saving Obi-Wan or something like that if JW wanted to kill her characters off herself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.