main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Obi-Wan and Siri Archive and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Obi-Wan_Siri_Index, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    AMEN to that jeditachi!! I totally agree!

2. jeditachi

jeditachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2005

Thanks for agreeing with me, Siri-Wan-Kenobi!! How are those Obi-Wan/Siri missing scenes coming along? ;)

3. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Jan 14, 2005
    I don't know... [face_plain]! In the near future possibly...

4. Stargazer-19

Stargazer-19 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2004
    When this index started there were only 48 stories, now we are up to 89 stories.

Don't forget all the stories that have Siri in a supporting role or mention her in some way... :D

It's always great to see her mentioned in one way or another, even if she isn't in a leading role.

5. SiriKenobi12

SiriKenobi12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    I think that their relationship was handled pretty well considering their characters. My one disapointment really is with the second part of SOTJ. I just felt it ended way too quickly and didn't really let their feelings that were rekindled sit long enough.

I liked in JQ that they were casual friends, honestly I laughed so hard during the one where they are both undercover and teasing each other about their clothes...I could see the sub text about their feelings for one another and I thought it was very sweet and a somewhat of a realistic romance unlike some others I've read!

6. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Jan 14, 2005
    The problem I had with SOTJ is the same as everyone's, the ending was too rushed and lacked something I can't really put my finger on... possibly a good bye KISS!

I had always enjoyed their realtionship in JQ, but when I read SOTJ, it just got me thinking. They hid their love almost TOO well. I dunno maybe they are just really good at not showing feelings. But,you do get the feeling that they are more than just friends, in the JQ books. I just wished Jude Watson had showed a little more of their love in that series, and thats what kind of got me upset about the books. But reading books like "Changing of the Guard" as SiriKenobi12 was saying, you can't help but laugh and love their teasing a little bit.

12 more days till Episode III PEOPLE!!! WOOOHOOO [face_dancing]

7. padawan-grasshopper

padawan-grasshopper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2004
    12 more days? How about 2?!

Someone still needs to write that sceene.

8. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Jan 14, 2005
    Someone posted! :eek: The thread was beginning to gather dust. *coughs* :p

Ya well I posted 12 days left about 10 days ago. haha. So I guess this is in order now. 2 days left you guys ! [face_dancing] The circle is now complete...

I wonder, do you think it would be cool to start a small challenge in this thread. Get some posts going? Or is this not the thread for that? Just a thought.

9. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I like the challange idea. I thought we could compare Obi Wan and Siri's relationship with Qui Gon and Tahl and Anakin and padme. How they reacted differently to how they felt.

10. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Jan 14, 2005
    Hmmm .. ya thats a good idea! I also thought maybe we could do a challenge on Anakin's take on Siri and Obi's relationship... just throwing some ideas out there. lol

11. padawan-grasshopper

padawan-grasshopper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2004
    Very good ideas! Now someone write them! Sorry for putting this on you all. I'm not very good at writing romance.

12. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
    So I came up with an idea for the scene that isn't in SOTJ and I'm going to try to write it ASAP, but I'm so busy with work and I'm in the middle of two other stories, but I have an idea!

13. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    An idea is good SiriKenobi12. We look forward to reading it. :D

My thoughts on the question posed as to how the relationship was handled in the books. I think have mentioned this in my story threads here and there, but I guess I never really imagined Obi-Wan falling in love as a teen. For his character, someone so devoted to the Order, I always felt finding out he loved Siri would be like getting hit over the head. He would look at her one day, after years of knowing her and working with her, and realize he had deep feelings for her. I don't see Obi-Wan as a 'falling in love' or 'being in love' kind of guy.

He also seems so driven to do and learn his Jedi job as a teen, that it was hard for me to see him distracted from that, although there are always hints of an attraction between the two characters throughout all the books.

So, I guess, I was never really big on having them fall in love as teens. (Okay, yeah, it makes most of my stories AU. :p ) But since the story was written that way, in the end it didn't bother me too much. I guess I could also see that version.

The problem is I think Watson had the love stories switched. She had Qui-Gon fall in love with Tahl at a later age and I always felt he would have fallen in love with her sooner. Once that was written, she had to write Obi-Wan and Siri's story differently, I guess.

I actually like Obi-Wan and Siri's relationship in the JQ books. They were funny together and I always sensed the underlying attraction there. That they came across as old friends was okay for me because I've always felt real love starts with friendship and I find that also very romantic. [face_love]

What I didn't like in the book was the fact that Obi-Wan and Siri didn't even talk about the subject again for 20 years. For as much as they worked together in Jedi Quest, I don't see how the subject didn't come up before that. But, of course, that would not be convienent for the overall story. :D

I don't think the book will effect how I write the pair. I've written them enough now that even my own stories vary their relationship. It will only depend on the pb I get bitten with. :)

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I came up with a little viggie for Jedikma. It is, of course, a Siriwan. It's on the Saga board and called "You're My Only Hope."

It was a plot bunny that bit about four this morning. I think my muse is a morning person, which sucks since I am a night owl. :p

15. Obi-Wan_Siri_Index

Obi-Wan_Siri_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2004
    Five new stories added today!!!! [face_love]

Death Be Not Whatever, by Hananiah

For the Record, by VaderLVR64 (Siri is mentioned only briefly in this humorous vignette and strictly speaking it isn't a siriwan, but I had to add this to the index because, in canon, this is probably a very accurate portrayal of their relationship. :D )

He Held My Hand, by Aelan_Greenleaf

No Big Loss, by VaderLVR64 and Jedikma (Written for the collab challenge and found in the Obi-Wan Challenge stories thread.)

and

You're My Only Hope, by VaderLVR64

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

16. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
    So while watching Episode III for the 5th time last night I started wondering why Obi Wan would suddenly have a different style light saber hilt than Episodes I and II and I came up with the idea that it's Siri's hilt with his light saber cyrstal inside!

I'm sure there is a real reason why he has a new one and I know it's the one he had in Episode IV, but I like my reason better. And as soon as I came to that conclusion it added something more to the movie every time he ignited that saber!

What do you guys think? We should start that rumor I think! ;)

17. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Jan 14, 2005
    Well actually I am pretty sure he has to build a new one, because, correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't his get cut in half by Dooku when Anakin is using it, towards the end of Episode 2.

But I didn't say that... and that is Siri's hilt. It is just so sweet I can be blissfully ignorant.

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I thought Obi-Wan's own lightsaber would have been taken away by Dooku before the arena on Geonosis. Didn't the arriving Jedi just toss two
    "generic" lightsabers to Anakin and Obi-Wan while they were on top of the reek?

19. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    That's what I thought VL. So Obi-Wan lost his lightsaber at the end of episode 2 and would have probably had to construct a new one. I don't see how he would have gotten the other one back from Dooku.

20. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Jan 14, 2005
    Ahhh yes that was it... but the other lightsaber that was tossed to him was cut in half. I know that lol

21. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
    Yes he would have to construct a new one, but why wouldn't he construct it to look like his old one? I'm just saying it's a cool idea that the hilt he carries in Episode III is Siri's to keep a part of her with him always.

Yeah Dooku took his old one away during Episode II, this was just an idea I came up with.

22. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    Actually, SiriKenobi12, it's a nice idea. I was just following through on the thought of what happened to Obi-Wan's AotC lightsaber.

I think it would be realistic to think he did have her lightsaber in his possession after she died. There is a viggie there somewhere. ;) :p

23. jeditachi

jeditachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2005
    Yeah, it's a nice idea. I like! :)

Siri was around at the start of the Clone Wars, so Obi-Wan had to get his own lightsaber after AotC. He kept hers following SotJ, so he had two. Sometime before RotS, he lost his and started using hers. This works for me. ;)

He didn't even have to change the crystal, because Siri's lightsaber was blue in JQ. The purple one on the cover of SotJ could be from before JQ.

And don't forget Siri's prized blue warming crystal that she gave to Obi-Wan! I'm sure that he has it with him all these years on Tatooine. [face_love]

24. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
    See...I told you it works! I just was sitting there in the theater wondering why he would make a different hilt since his old one was so fantastic and I was asking my brother who actually is the one who came up with this idea and we are working it into a story we are writing that tells what happens to Garen during ROTS!

And of course Obi Wan has the crystal from Siri, like he'd give that up.

25. SiriKenobi12

Nov 6, 2004
    Oh and Jedikma your icon just reminded me...does anyone else think Obi Wan's new battle stance is the most adorable thing ever?

It makes me wonder if Ewan came up with it, because it seems like something he'd do randomly one day and George Lucas loved it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.