main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Obi-Wan Kenobi Diaries, Part 2: Tatooine; 2/23 Off to Naboo--the last post on this part

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by anakin_girl, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    OOOH Bad Obi.. thinking of Sabe'....

Speaking of awaking... :p

2. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I didn?t want to become like Anakin, whose fascination with holonet programs displaying hours and hours of naked women caused him to lose sleep at night

LOL [face_laugh]

Poor Obi thinking of Sabe there is nothing wrong with that except that I would perferred that you thought about me. :D

What do you mean maybe Obi could actually beat Anakin one day. :mad: He can do that already. :D

Wonderful post. Made my day to day. Funny.

3. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Great post!

I was thankful for my shields and my Jedi control so that the others wouldn?t know that my mind was quickly wandering towards Sabé.

Awww... [face_love]

4. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Ha ha ha ha! Brilliant!

I also because engrossed in a station Owen enjoyed on Tatooine?s Holonet called ?Meteorological Transmissions of the Outer Rim Planets?.

It broadcast weather forecasts, barometric and atmospheric pressure patterns, rotations and revolutions of the planets, climactic data, and seasonal farming information twenty-four hours a day. It was quite fascinating, and I had to restrain myself from watching it more often than necessary. I didn?t want to become like Anakin, whose fascination with holonet programs displaying hours and hours of naked women caused him to lose sleep at night.
    ?Hey, Obi-Wan, Owen, I?ll help you out here,? Anakin said as he headed for the door leading towards the garage and the farm equipment.

Speak of the Sith Master himself.

?Tatooine has two forecasts,? he continued. ?The first one is ?hot and dry?. That?s the one you?ll hear most of the time. Once a year, you?ll hear ?afternoon chance of rain?. Once every three years, that forecast is actually accurate and it rains. Now that I?ve made that easier for you, why don?t you watch something remotely interesting??

I frowned. ?Anakin, not everyone believes that ?interesting? automatically means ?naked?.?

Owen?s forehead creased in thought and then he nodded. ?That?s true,? he said. ?It has rained once in the past three years. Did you use the Force for that??

Anakin laughed. ?Owen, that isn?t something you need the Force for,? he said. He pushed the door open. ?I?m going to go help Cliegg. You go ahead and listen to your ?hot and dry? forecast.? He went into the yard.

[face_laugh] That is so hilarious! I love it!

*slips back into dreams about Tattooine and/or the Caribbean*

5. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Okay, all caught up. [face_mischief]

*grins* This was wonderful, a_g. ;) It's so interesting to see the story all over again, from Obi-Wan's point of view - and just as hilarious. :p

Great job - I can't wait for the next post. :)

6. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    upping this so I can find it latter . . . ;)

7. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Here comes the Sith Master

Heehee [face_laugh]

Obi-Wan thinking of Sabé? Poor man!! He?s so deprived. Well, for now at least. ;)

See, I?m making my way back?or at least I?m trying to. :)

8. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Breezy: Poor Obi--has to keep his girl thoughts to himself while Anakin is wide open. :p

And I'm with you on the waking up. *hands her a cup of coffee*

Crystal:

What do you mean maybe Obi could actually beat Anakin one day. He can do that already.

Only in Episode III. :_|

Wonderful post. Made my day to day. Funny.

Thanks. :)

Gina: Thanks. :)

amidalachick: *sending some heat* How about sending the snow this way? :p

Fate: Thanks--I thought Obi deserved to have "his side" of the story told. ;)

maramijade: Thanks for stopping by!

Arriss: Welcome back my friend. [face_love]

Obi isn't as deprived as Anakin thinks...and his turn will come. Poor saintly man, he deserves it. :p]

Thanks for reading and replying everyone.

This is a letter that Obi-Wan writes for Sabe during their time on Tatooine. It can also be found in The Saga Love Letter Anthology thread.

Dearest Sabe,

Due to my recent discovery that I have no culinary skills whatsoever and I know nothing about moisture farming, I have thankfully found myself with some available time to write you. I hope you are doing well and that the strain of acting as Senator in Padmé?s place has not become too much for you. Events here in the past few days have been rather overwhelming. Anakin was correct to trust his Force-enhanced vision and insist that we return here for his mother. The good news is that she is married to a very kind, good-hearted moisture farmer and is living happily near the town of Mos Eisley with him and his son. Anakin received directions to her home from his former master and, needless to say, was very pleased to learn that she was doing well. However, the family has been in danger for some time from a tribe of savage beings living near Mos Eisley, known as Tusken Raiders or ?Sandpeople?. Two days ago, while riding into town with Anakin, Mrs. Lars was attacked by these beings and received a concussion and a broken arm. Fortunately Anakin was with her?due to the viciousness of their attack, she probably would have been left for dead were it not for his fighting them off. Anakin of course knew that his vision of his mother?s danger had come to pass, and was left with the horrific realization of what could have happened had we not returned to Tatooine. You would be proud of him, however?he held himself together long enough to use the Force to ease her pain and start her healing process, only allowing his own grief and fear free reign after she was under the care of a healer.

She is currently on bed rest and, I suspect, will be for a few more days. I don?t know when we will be returning to Naboo, darling Sabe; I?m sure it depends on how long Padmé feels she can stay away and how well Anakin?s mother does. I find myself hoping that Padmé will find herself called back to her home planet soon, and that Anakin and I will arrange to join her. Sabe, there are no words to describe how I feel about you. You have probably heard that Jedi do not have relationships. It is true that the Code forbids us to form attachments, but Sabe, darling, forgive me for saying so, but I am already attached. No ancient Code can mandate our feelings; only how we choose to act on them. I find myself almost ashamed to admit that I understand Anakin?s expression that ?dumb rules are made to be broken?, but I also know that I would rather break the Code, even risk expulsion from the Order myself, before I would live my life without knowing your love. I can only hope that you will feel the same, but even if not, I am still,

Yours forever,

I love you,

Obi-Wan

Here's the next post:

After dinner, Cliegg and I got engrossed in a game of Sabacc. I had barred Anakin from the game when he was sixteen, after he had mind-tricked a pair of drunken Senators who were having dinner in our quarters into playing the ?strip? version. Of course Anakin, being the only sober one as well as the best card player

9. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Whooo hooo a posty! I'm still here, just sick as a dog... :(

10. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    THAT WAS GREAT!!!!!! LOVE THE LETTER TO SABÉ!!!!!!!! GET WELL SOON, DARTHBREEZY!!!!!!!

11. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Beautiful letter!

?They?re doing a special,? Owen retorted. ?They?re giving a five-day climatic overview of Tatooine and all the surrounding planets within a three-day flight...

Owen's weather channel obsession is hilarious.

Poor Anakin. Leaving his mother before she is well can't be easy for him.

12. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Great post, a_g - and I loved the letter. ;)

Aww, poor Ani - he's being so brave about all of this. At least he got to see his mother up and about again before he had to leave her. :(

I can't wait to see what's next. :)

13. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    hehheh, 18 year old guys will argue about TV even if they both like what they are watching. . .

believe me, I've spent to many times as the Padme' to my own set of Anakin and Owen.. .

oiy, is there anything to do in cold weather other than watching TV?

14. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Love the letter! Obi-Wan is whipped for sure. 8-} About time he got some lovin? ;)

I can just hear Owen and Anakin arguing about what to watch on TV ? a typical sibling (well, sort of ;) ) rivalry.

I was too afraid I?d find my underwear hanging from various moisture vaporators tomorrow morning if I did.

Heehee [face_laugh]

Great post!! :D

15. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    Owen's taste in programs is almost as boring as my mother's. ;)

I was too afraid I?d find my underwear hanging from various moisture vaporators tomorrow morning if I did.

Funniest line yet. [face_laugh]

16. Jedi_Trevor_GulDan

Jedi_Trevor_GulDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2003
    I just read the entire Kenobi Diaries series. I have two words..

HOLY FORCE!!!!!!!!

Man, this is great stuff!! What a way to see these characters in different scenes... I'm lovin' it. Keep me on the edge of my seat. When is the next post?

WOW!!!

17. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Yes.. when IS the next posty?

18. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    *Force-dumps a huge pile of snow on anakin_girl's front lawn*

LOL! This post was sooooo funny! I love the Sabacc game and Anakin and Owen's TV-watching adventures. Wonderful as always! :)

19. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Breezy: *hugs*

My friend had a bad case of food poisoning when she wrote that, guys. :(

d_p: Thanks. :) "A Jedi must not know love"? Gah. They deserve to know it.

Gina:

Owen's weather channel obsession is hilarious.

You should meet my husband. It isn't just the weather channel, it's weather websites. "Can I interrupt your IM session? I need to look at climatic data." Me: I love you, but get your own damn computer.

Poor Anakin. Leaving his mother before she is well can't be easy for him.

Yeah, poor Ani. He's stronger than he thinks though.

Fate:

Aww, poor Ani - he's being so brave about all of this. At least he got to see his mother up and about again before he had to leave her.

Yes...

maramijade:

believe me, I've spent to many times as the Padme' to my own set of Anakin and Owen...

LOL! Me too. And I've been either Anakin or Owen myself. :p

Arriss:

Obi-Wan is whipped for sure.

Of course. ;) :D

I can just hear Owen and Anakin arguing about what to watch on TV ? a typical sibling (well, sort of ) rivalry.

Yep, and both of them used to being only children on top of that. :p

Jedi_Hood: Well, let's face it--Owen is rather boring. :p

Trevor: Thanks! :D [face_blush]

amidalachick: Thanks for the snow. *makes a snowball, throws it at the Anakin-haters*

Thanks, everyone, for reading and replying. :)

Hopefully the next post will be this weekend. I'm having a "bad lupus day" (fever, joints more achy than usual, just generally feel like crap) so I don't know if I can do anything today. But thanks for being patient. :)

20. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000

We left the next morning for Naboo. It took Anakin at least fifteen minutes to say his goodbyes. He was surprisingly stoic, however.

?You know where we are now, and we also have a holocam, so you can contact us any time you want,? Shmi said as Anakin hugged her for the fourth time.

?I will, I promise,? he said.

Cliegg rested a hand on his stepson?s shoulder. ?Hopefully the Republic will remain at peace so you can come back more often,? he said.

?Yes, hopefully so,? Shmi added. She took Anakin?s hand in hers and looked into his eyes. ?Have a safe trip, sweetheart,? she said, tiptoeing to kiss his cheek. ?Call when you can.?

Padmé and I climbed into the speeder as Anakin hugged his mother again, being careful of her broken right arm. Then he slowly walked away, keeping hold of her left hand until their fingers no longer touched. Finally he got into the speeder and started the engine.

On the way back into town, Padmé kept a constant stream of chatter. ?What sort of animals are those, Obi-Wan?? She asked, pointing at several eopies, which were hauling wagons full of wares into Mos Espa.

?Eopies,? I replied. ?Beasts of burden here. Qui-Gon used them last time we landed here to haul the parts for your ship, remember??

?Oh, yes,? Padmé said. ?I thought they looked familiar. There were several of them at the podrace where Ani competed as well. What about those shops? What sort of things do they sell??

?Various things,? I replied. ?Pallie fruit. Hot chubas. Desert garb. Artwork. Footwear. Tapestries. There?s a little of everything in this town. People come here to sell their goods because they can get a better price than some other planets and because Tatooine isn?t part of the Republic, it isn?t subject to the Republic?s tax laws.?

She nodded. ?Ahhh,? she said, and then lapsed into silence as Anakin pulled up to the shop.

He exited the speeder, followed by Padmé. He handed me the keys and nodded, silently asking me to go in and return the keys and pay the bill.

Are you all right, Padawan? I asked, squeezing his shoulder.

Fine, Master, he replied. Really, I am.

I hesitated, trying to get a feel through our bond for how he was really doing, and was surprised to find that he was sad, but calm. He took Padmé?s hand in his and squeezed it, and she returned the squeeze. I nodded, went inside, and returned the keys to the shopkeeper at the counter.

?Jee ho poka foo creeda. Vota myo creeta,, I said, using the basic Huttese Anakin had taught me. Of course if the shopkeeper replied with much more than a simple ?yes? or ?no,? I was going to have to go get Anakin anyway.

I handed the shopkeeper my card, hoping I wouldn?t have the same trouble that Qui-Gon had with Watto eight years ago.

He looked at me suspiciously, probably because of my accent, and then took the card and ran it through his scanner.

He returned the card to me, gave me a receipt to sign, and replied, ?H?chu apenkee.? A Huttese welcome greeting. Very rare around here I?m told.

I smiled, waved and left the shop.

Anakin and Padmé were standing outside, still hand in hand. ?Everything go OK?? Anakin asked, in the same clipped tones he had used when telling me who the Tuskens were.

I smiled at him and sent him a wave of comfort through the Force. ?Just fine,? I said, ?thanks to those Huttese phrases you taught me.?

He managed a smile. ?Yeah, they?re much friendlier around here when you?re not obviously an ootmian, when you at least seem to know something about the way things are done here.?

I nodded. ?Let?s go to Naboo,? I said, starting towards the ship. And I?ll get to see Sabé again, I added silently, being careful to shield myself from Anakin.

He wasn?t paying attention. ?Do I get to fly, Master? We?ll get to Naboo in half the time.?

I sighed, nodded and smiled. ?Just allow me to take my stomach with me, will you, Anakin?? I asked. ?I don?t think the Tatooine natives are interested in its con

21. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    This was awesome, a_g - I can't wait for the next part. :p (I hope Breezy's feeling better. :() I look forward to part three. :)

22. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    HURRY AND PUT UP THE NEXT PART! I WANNA SEE SOME SABÉWAN STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    ?Jee ho poka foo creeda. Vota myo creeta,, I said, using the basic Huttese Anakin had taught me. Of course if the shopkeeper replied with much more than a simple ?yes? or ?no,? I was going to have to go get Anakin anyway.

I don't know what, but there was something about this that just was hilarious to me... Don't worry, it's been a looooong day!

Upsies for more!

JS

24. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Fate: Breezy had food poisoning--she's doing much better, but will probably be careful with leftovers from now on. :p

d_p: SabeWan is coming--I promise. ;)

Jazz: It means "I will pay with credit. Here is my card." Thank you, Galactic Phrase Book and Travel Guide. :)

Thanks, everyone, for reading and replying. Next part should be up tomorrow or the next. :)

25. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    Yeah...I can't believe I'm saying this, but on with the mush...I mean, the...err... Obi/Sabe plotline...ahem...anyway, yeah... *realizes everyone is staring in shock, clears throat loudly, recovers his dignity, and walks away, slowly...

-Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.