main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The OC Story Dueling Circle...Come and showcase your OCs!! Important info! Pg 52

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SabyneAmberle, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emimar

emimar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2003
    I know, I've been through that before. When I first started writing Starchaser, in 03, I noticed that after the OCA thread was started, I got a lot more feedback for it. I think people also respond better to stoires if there is a social thing going on around that particular genre, as it gets like minded people together, otherwise you just miss them!

Story indexes are okay but the problem with them is that once they get too long, they don't have the same impact as a thread like this does as people just seem to post their links and go, at least a thread like this gets people to stick around longer and get to know other authors a little better. If anyone has read any of my stories then you'll notice that I write mostly about aliens, as I enjoy doing that and sometimes that makes people turn away even more, which is a shame, really. You should never judge a fic like that.

I'm looking forward to reading the entries!

2. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Oh no. I can't kill Kyn - he's a chosen one! :p Wait, nevermind, yes I can.

Vongy: *chases Kyn with meat cleaver*
    Kyn: NOOOO!!! *hides behind Ferath* Help me!
    Ferath: *Sharpens claws* STAND BACK, CRUEL AUTHOR!

3. the_wandering_shadow

the_wandering_shadow Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    i just found out about this (thanks em :) )
    But it's already the 27. Darn! a death scene would have been perfect for me ;)

4. emimar

Apr 3, 2003
    There's always next week!

5. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    I've been thinking...does anyone think an extra day for the first Challenge would be all right? That way, anyone who might not participate because today's the "deadline" might see about joining. Just a thought. If enough people agree, I'll move the deadline until the 28th or 29th.

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Sounds good.

7. CommanderConrad

CommanderConrad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2003
    The 29th would be great. For me, anyway.

8. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    That would be great. I'd like to touch my entry up before PM'ing you but I'll be away from my computer tonight.

Thanks.

9. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    All right everyone, no problem. I'll make it the 29th so anyone who needs a bit of polishing and somesuch can do so before submitting.

10. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Well, I posted my second copy of my entry here and I wanna ask anyone who'd read it, does it fit the PG rating and everything? I don't want trouble with mods.

11. emimar

Apr 3, 2003
    I think it would be a good idea to do extend it. SilSolo, I've printed out your story and I'll let you know on Monday.

12. the_wandering_shadow

the_wandering_shadow Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    It's good that the deadline has been extended. Tried to write something last night, and nothing. It's got to be stress. No wonder I'm having such a time editing my play....

13. GoggledKnight

GoggledKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Well, the rules said you can post to this thread, and since I'm still relatively new to the boards, I thought I'd just post it here. I hope this is okay.

Order 66
    Timeframe: RotS
    Characters: Talyn Revvind
    Genre: Vignette, Drama
    Disclaimer: Except for Talyn, I own nothing of Star Wars, it all belongs to George.

Talyn Revvind, surveyed the carnage before him. He let out a sigh as two more clone units ran into the fray, charging into battle against the seperatists. The seperatists had attacked Thyferra in an attempt to slow down the Republic's bacta production, a manuever that Talyn had to admit made sense for a group with a droid army.

He still couldn't believe that things had come to this. It almost seemed a lifetime ago that he was a padawan in the temple, sparring with his age-mate and the "Chosen One." He'd never have thought that he'd be a Knight at his age, but the war was making Jedi in short supply.

"Sir, we're beginning our assault on the droid command ship. Our ARC fighters and Master Renyar are moving into attack position."

Talyn nodded to the Clone commander, he had agreed, reluctantly, to lead the ground assault while his master lead the air attack. Talyn ran his fingers through his chocolate colored hair, "Okay, let's get this over with. May the Force be with us." He pulled his lightsaber and ignited the emerald blade.

He was half-way through the first wave of droids when he noticed it. The clones' blaster bolts were getting closer to hitting him. If not for his unique fighting style, a style that emphasized movement, he'd've been hit. Something happened to the Clones.

Talyn then felt his Master's bond with him sever, the pain shot through him as though he himself had been killed. He had felt his Master's surprise and knew that the clones had turned on him.

He staggered and felt the burn as the first blaster bolt hit. He brought his blade up and began to deflect bolts and strike back at the Clones. Time seemed to slow. Talyn felt a second bolt hit, and a third. He heard a soft distance voice calling to him. It was a voice he'd heard many times in meditation. One that had guided him and comforted him. He smiled as the forth bolt brought him to his knees, his lightsaber falling from his grip.

The Force was calling him home.

End.

I hope this is good. It's only like my second Star Wars fic.

GoggledKnight

14. Lord_Zeron

Lord_Zeron Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2005
    Good Job, GoggledKnight. I liked it.

Well, the deadline was last night. Does anyone know when the voting starts?

15. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    As soon as Sabyne can get around to starting it! :B

OK, without any further ado, here are the fics in the running. You have until Friday to vote, and you can PM me with the letter of your vote.

So, here goes!

A. In the Service of the Chancellor
    B. Whisper a Prayer
    C.Out of the Depths
    D. Birth of the Sith Vampire's Code

E. Birth of a Rebellion
    F. Order 66, reposted here for reference.

Talyn Revvind, surveyed the carnage before him. He let out a sigh as two more clone units ran into the fray, charging into battle against the seperatists. The seperatists had attacked Thyferra in an attempt to slow down the Republic's bacta production, a manuever that Talyn had to admit made sense for a group with a droid army.

He still couldn't believe that things had come to this. It almost seemed a lifetime ago that he was a padawan in the temple, sparring with his age-mate and the "Chosen One." He'd never have thought that he'd be a Knight at his age, but the war was making Jedi in short supply.

"Sir, we're beginning our assault on the droid command ship. Our ARC fighters and Master Renyar are moving into attack position."

Talyn nodded to the Clone commander, he had agreed, reluctantly, to lead the ground assault while his master lead the air attack. Talyn ran his fingers through his chocolate colored hair, "Okay, let's get this over with. May the Force be with us." He pulled his lightsaber and ignited the emerald blade.

He was half-way through the first wave of droids when he noticed it. The clones' blaster bolts were getting closer to hitting him. If not for his unique fighting style, a style that emphasized movement, he'd've been hit. Something happened to the Clones.

Talyn then felt his Master's bond with him sever, the pain shot through him as though he himself had been killed. He had felt his Master's surprise and knew that the clones had turned on him.

He staggered and felt the burn as the first blaster bolt hit. He brought his blade up and began to deflect bolts and strike back at the Clones. Time seemed to slow. Talyn felt a second bolt hit, and a third. He heard a soft distance voice calling to him. It was a voice he'd heard many times in meditation. One that had guided him and comforted him. He smiled as the forth bolt brought him to his knees, his lightsaber falling from his grip.

The Force was calling him home.

End.

If there's any I missed, or if the links don't work, let me know and I'll take care of it. Thanks!

(EDIT: Arrgghh! I hate multitasking! I forgot one!)

16. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    GoogledKnight Starting to read all the challenge entries.

With the opening of ROTS I wasn't surprised to see a Jedi Purge fic here for a death scene.

And this was good. Of course his Master's death distracted him, causing him too to fall.

Good job.

17. GoggledKnight

May 17, 2005
    Just want to say, I read all the entries and they all rocked. It's nice to see OCs done well. Although they can't be Mary Sues if we start killing them, huh?

Here's hoping the next challenge is as fun, and maybe has more stories to read!

GoggledKnight

18. emimar

Apr 3, 2003
    Hope I can get online before Friday, as I don't know when I'll be able to get on line next. Sorry about not posting yesterday, the boards were down and I couldn't post. I've read SilSolo's and the GoggledKnight's stories and I've enjoyed them!

19. emimar

Apr 3, 2003
    Upping, so people don't forget to vote!

20. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    Voted. It was very hard as they are really good.

I'm surprised there's not a lot of responses, unless everyone's just voting, keeping low key.

But if not, hopefully the next challenge will draw them in.

21. Jedi_Linewalker

Jedi_Linewalker Jedi Master star 2

May 1, 2005
    A very hard decision to make, I agree. Some really excellent work here, especially in the medium of original characters, because you have to get to know them in the span of the piece, rather than knowing them well, as you do canon characters.

22. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Wow, I'm surprised you dropped by the Sith Vamp's Code since nobody reviewed on fanfiction.net. Even if you won't vote for me, which is totally fine, I ask that you delurk and hit the review button at the bottom left corner if you have any comments; I accept anonymous reviews and constructive criticism.

23. GoggledKnight

May 17, 2005
    Upping in the hopes people will stumble in and vote.

GoggledKnight

24. emimar

Apr 3, 2003
    Upping - it's too early to know the winner yet!

25. emimar

Apr 3, 2003
    Is this thread going to be updated?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.