Challenge The OC Story Dueling Circle...Come and showcase your OCs!! Important info! Pg 52

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SabyneAmberle, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Brant_Flir Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool, i'm in. Whens the next challenge being posted?
  2. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Ummm.... now! I guess. :)

Okay, it took a bit of quality time with my character to come up with an inspiration, but here's the next challenge:

First Impressions: Have your OC make a memorable first impression on someone, be it good, bad, or any reason that something would be particularly noteworthy.

I hope it meets with your approval, and happy writing. [face_dancing]
  3. OmnipotentSeal Jedi Knight

star 1
    (raises hand) Cause I like to nickpick on details, this person is a canon character, right? I like the idea, since in a way, canon or not, it allows me to actually write some backstory for Lord Octavius, something I can use for when Lexicon is reading the Militia's manifesto. Just checking on the details...
  4. the_wandering_shadow Force Ghost

star 3
    This is a good one. Don't have an idea yet, but I'm ready to git 'er done! ;)

Anyway it shouldn't be long before I get started. When's the deadline?
  5. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

star 4
    Is it alright if I join in with this challenge? I have an OC I'd like to write about outside of role-playing...
  6. SabyneAmberle Force Ghost

star 3
    Let's make the deadline Saturday this week.

And anyone who wishes to join in, by all means do so!
  7. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

Manager
    star 4
    (raises hand) Cause I like to nickpick on details, this person is a canon character, right?

I'll say yes, but define "canon" in its loosest possible sense- anything appearing in LFL licensed materials, be they comics, novels, comptuer games, you name it.

Just thought I'd clarify, since being a costumer has given me a whole different outlook on what "canon" is. :p
  8. Lola64 Force Ghost

star 4
    This is a great challenge Commander. I'll make sure I have something before the week's end. Don't want to miss out again.

9. the_wandering_shadow Force Ghost

star 3
    Does it really have to be a canon character?

I have this whole bloody elaborate idea in my head already and it doesn't have one single canon character in it. i guess I could move the time frame up and put a canon Jedi in it, but I'll do that only if I have to, because I canoned myself out last time :p
  10. SabyneAmberle Force Ghost

star 3
    Well, the original rules say it can either entirely feature OCs or be driven by them (as in some canon, but mostly OC) so I don't see why not.
  11. OmnipotentSeal Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll say yes, but define "canon" in its loosest possible sense- anything appearing in LFL licensed materials, be they comics, novels, comptuer games, you name it.

As in the opposite of another OC... Basically my question is define "anything"? Is it anything under the sun or anything well licensed... I really could do it either way, but these little details do help. I'm really just basing this question of the use of canon characters in the previous challenge, which I never took part in, so I'm curious if things follow suit...
  12. Lord_Zeron Jedi Knight

star 2
    Great idea, Commander. I have a couple of ideas bouncing around my head, I just have to figure out which one to use. Well, I'll be sure to have something up by Saturday. Can't wait to see what everyone posts.

-Lord Zeron
  13. the_wandering_shadow Force Ghost

star 3
    Well, I've already started posting mine (once again, it's more than a one post effort) You can read as I go along, I'm going to leave a link, or you can wait until I'm done; I'll keep everyone posted.

the holocron of shakkr'sh

And even despite SabyneAmberle's words I'm still unsure of whether I need to use a canon character or not. I guess I need to know before I finish, don't I ;)
  14. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Honestly, I don't actually care if there's a canon character in it or not. Thought it might up the challenge factor a bit, but I confess I won't shed any tears if there's not.

And by "anything," I do mean anything. If you want to make an impression on Dancing Twilek #5 in the Taris Upper City Cantina, rock on.
  15. the_wandering_shadow Force Ghost

star 3
    Honestly, I don't actually care if there's a canon character in it or not. Thought it might up the challenge factor a bit, but I confess I won't shed any tears if there's not.

Well, i guess that is a point about the challenge factor [face_thinking] But I have gone and created three new alien races just for this story. Not on purpose, but no kidding. So we'll have to see what else shakes loose from my brain ;)

And by "anything," I do mean anything. If you want to make an impression on Dancing Twilek #5 in the Taris Upper City Cantina, rock on.

That would be a pretty interesting read ;)
  16. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

Manager
    star 4
    That would be a pretty interesting read

Yeah, it would be...

Awww, now I'm going to end up writing two things. Unless someone snags this plot gizka before my mind goes crazy with the possibilities.

Darn creative tendencies. [face_worried]:D
  17. Lola64 Force Ghost

star 4
    the_wandering_shadow

Canons were really only part of the last challenge. They weren't in the first.

So I would say only if the new challenge calls for canons to interact with your OC, use them. If not. Make 'em disappear.

Glad to see you've already started. I'll be checking in on you soon. Right now though it's bedtime before I fall asleep on my laptop.
  18. emimar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Congratulations, Commander!

I would have popped in yesterday but I was busy.
  19. Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Master

star 4
    Is this deadline Saturday, July 2, 2005?

20. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay, here's my effort. I'm very rusty, but I enjoyed this!
  21. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Okay, I started. It's going to be a two-parter, and I have the first part posted.

Weapons of Choice

It's exciting to read everyone's responses, too. Keep 'em coming! :D
  22. OmnipotentSeal Jedi Knight

star 1
  23. Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Master

star 4
    This sounds awesome! I found this a couple days ago and have been trying to get the whole thing figured out. I wasn't going to write one for this challenge 'cause I didn't think I had enough time to write and type a story, but I ended up writing one anyway. I'll post it a little later. I have to get my beta to read through it. :)
  24. Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Master

star 4
  25. Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's my entry:

Enigma

The title is Enigma. Please comment, 'cause I'm pretty new here, and no one really knows me yet.

EDIT I fixed the link
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.