main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The OC Story Dueling Circle...Come and showcase your OCs!! Important info! Pg 52

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SabyneAmberle, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Yea i think what everyone else has said is fine. That way everyone ends up happy :)

2. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    yeah, sure. Let's just get a new challenge up, please. [face_praying]

3. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    I agree! A new challenge would be great. Soon...please!

4. PHOBSON

PHOBSON Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2006
    How do all!

I'm a newbie but all my planned stories and the one you can see in my signiture contain exclusively OC! I love doing Star Wars from a darker, more gritty angle whilst still remaining true to that Galaxy far, far away!

I'd love to join your competition but I'm currently expecting my own little padawan to make his arrival so may not have the time for a bit but if I do I'd LOVE to have a go because it sounds well cool!

I'm gonna try and check out some of the stories you've entered before (obviously time permitting) and hopefully to get to know my fellow OC creators. When not cleaning youngling sick up I might also have a blast at your previous challenges just for fun.

5. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    welcome to the challenge, PHOBSON! Any friend of OC's is a friend of mine. ;)

we're just waiting for Sabyne to...resolve our current every-way-tie situation.

6. PHOBSON

PHOBSON Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2006
    Thank You MEREDITH KENOBI.

I look forward to it!

What sorta OC's do you like to create?

7. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    I'd kinda like to take a shot at this--do I just check on the thread for the challenge or am I PM'd? Looking forward to the challenge--though I love OCs. Like Phobson, my story is pure OCs.

Raptor517

8. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    Stay tuned as I believe there is going to be some action soon. Generally the new challenge has been posted here!

9. GraySaberFreque

GraySaberFreque Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2006
    whats this weeks challenge?(sorry if its already been asked)

10. the_wandering_shadow

the_wandering_shadow Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    We don't have weekly challenges in here. Sorry. Sabyne is really busy so it takes a long time for new challenges to get started.

11. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    I gotta quick question can you use the same OC's more then once?

12. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Always. :D

13. KILIK

May 21, 2005
    Thanks oqidaun.:)

14. Aiden_Sanic

Aiden_Sanic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2005
    Oh wow, what happened to this place? :confused:

I remember two summers ago when this place was just packing with people. A new challenge every week. and A bunch of wandering hopefulls breathing life and death into new and exciting OC's.

R.I.P. OC Dueling Circle. @};-

15. the_wandering_shadow

the_wandering_shadow Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    A bunch of wandering hopefulls breathing life and death into new and exciting OC's.

and a wandering shadow too :p

R.I.P. OC Dueling Circle.

:(

Oh, well, at least there's the Essential OC thread.

16. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    First off, apologies all around for my absence. Dealing with one's first semester back at school tends to take a lot of time and energy. :((

So, anyone interested in starting this place back up? I have a few ideas to help things run a bit differently, if I can get enough people interested in getting things restarted. :)

17. furrylittlebantha

furrylittlebantha Jedi Master star 3

Dec 2, 2005
    What are your ideas? I'm interested. This is a cool place, and deserves to live!

18. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    Well, while I don't want this thread to shut down, I'm also a bit reluctant to just hand it over to someone else without a second thought. This has been my baby after all, even with the 4 months I took away from it to recharge my creative batteries.

So, here are the two thoughts I've had for how to continue this. Of course, if folks have others, please share!

First thought, this specific thread can remain open, but we rotate hosts. That way, one person isn't stuck with the brunt of all the backworking.

Second thought, this thread is closed, an "OC Dueling Circle 2.0" is started, and either hosts are rotated, or an "OC Circle" sock is created so all hosts can access it. That way, one account controls all the backwork, but multiple people can access it, which can allow for a bit easier work between hosts.

19. GraySaberFreque

Nov 23, 2006
    Version 2.0 sounds like a more plausible idea.

20. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    I think so, too. But let's see if anyone else is interested in reviving this before I/we start planning anything. I really hope so, as I'd hate for it to die off permanently.

21. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    Bumping for visibility. I'll try and keep this thread aloft for a few more days, to see if anyone else is interested.

22. furrylittlebantha

furrylittlebantha Jedi Master star 3

Dec 2, 2005
    I think both of your ideas for reviving this are good, Sabyne. If you're looking for other hosts, I'll volunteer!

23. KILIK

May 21, 2005
    I think we should just rotate hosts before starting a new thead.

It would save more time, I'm sure some people wouldn't mind hosting me being one of them, and I know someone else that might want do it to.

24. GraySaberFreque

Nov 23, 2006

yeah but most people think the thread is already dead.

V2 would get more people.

25. KILIK

May 21, 2005
    True but, it wouldn't take people long to notice that this place has some life in it again.

Look I don't write anymore, so do whatever you guys wish.

[face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.