main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The OC Story Dueling Circle...Come and showcase your OCs!! Important info! Pg 52

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SabyneAmberle, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. furrylittlebantha

furrylittlebantha Jedi Master star 3

Dec 2, 2005
    I'm cool with anything.

2. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
  3. KoolKoal

KoolKoal Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2007
    I'm interested in competing in duals if this gets started again. I'm pretty new here and I enjoy OC's + don't want to handle the stress of using canon characters ;).

4. Zane-Marit

Zane-Marit Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    I'm in too. Whatever capacity you want to do this in is fine with me. I think a 2.0 with a fresh thread count is the best way to go. Sab should start off the 2.0 thread and form a 'council' of hosts. From there try to work up a schedule of hosting the challenges and submission times.

Of course, I will help out in any way I can.

5. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    I am quite interested in jumping in this, although I'd be in and out due to school constaints. To throw my two cents in, I think it'd be good to start a V2.0 thread with either the sock or the rotating hosts. It helps to spread the work around.

6. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    I'm late getting into the OC band wagon, but I am all for this coming back. Anything to help stir my creative juices is a good thing. :)

7. boady22

boady22 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 24, 2003
    I'm game

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I'll put my two cents worth in and say that v.2 w/ a sock sounds like a good idea. And I volunteer to be one of the hosts wether you decide to keep this thread going or go w/ v.2.

9. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    It'll be good to see this coming back, but I'll probably not have much time for it. I have an Open University course coming up, which'll take up quite a bit of my time and I've been thinking about starting some original fiction. SW fan fic is fun, but it doesn't make you any money. (unless something drastic happens...which is unlikely.)

10. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    OC Database Challenge #5 submitted by the_wandering_shadow

Your OC is to come from a long line of prestigious... somethings. Well, you fill in the blank. They can be from a family of Jedi or Sith, bounty hunters or smugglers, kings and queens or politicians. Whatever you can think of, even if it's something less grand; perhaps someone from a long line of people who clean the portable toilets of the galaxy? Add to the mix that the story should center around the pressures spawned from this twist of fate, living up to the family name or being in such a position where you effect the lives of millions of people. Something like that, or if you can come up with some more interesting pressures, then go to it.

I took a shot at Challenge #5. I hope you enjoy!

Bearing the Forebears

11. Jedi_Linewalker

Jedi_Linewalker Jedi Master star 2

May 1, 2005
    I'd like to see this pick back up as well. It was great fun writing about our OCs in varying capacities

12. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    I'm game for being this back.

13. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Is anything going to happen with this thread?

14. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Does anybody know where Sabyne is?

15. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Her livejournal was updated the other day, so she's still alive. I was tempted to leave a comment asking her to come back but I decided against it.

16. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Maybe if we asked her if and when she will be back to get this going again. Or if it was okay to just go ahead on our own?

17. MoeTharen

MoeTharen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2005
    I dunno, this is her baby. I could message her unless someone else already has. I haven't competed in almost two years though.

18. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    Wow, it's been too long since this was upped, hasn't it? I've been so busy with school and life that this just slipped past my attention for eons.

If you guys want, here's what I can do. And of course, any other suggestions can/will be considered:

1) Create a sock for the Challenge.
    2) Bring on one or two other people to assist with challenges. (Doubly important with school and life on my end.)
    3) Start a new thread, if deemed necessary. (Dueling Circle 2.0)

As I said, anything else suggested will be considered. But let's get this rolling again!

19. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    I don't think I ever managed to participate in this personally, but I'm excited by the prospect of its return just the same. More OC stories on the boards = always good. :D

20. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    Good to see you in here, Face. :)

This place was really active for a while, then life smacked me upside the head and I found I couldn't keep up with it like I used to. If there's still a lot of interest in reviving this place with a sock, new thread, and new help, I'll be happy to. :)

21. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    Okay, I'm going to be starting the new thread effective either tonight or tomorrow afternoon. We can still use this thread for planning and other relevant discussions until all info from this thread is transferred to the new one. Once the new thread is ready for Challenges, I will lock this thread and all future discussion will take place on the new one.

If anyone is interested in helping me work the Dueling Circle sock once it's established, let me know. I'll pick a couple people to gain sock access, and we'll go from there.

Questions? Ask, and I'll be happy to clarify. :)

22. SabyneAmberle

Sep 16, 2004
    The new thread is now up, and I've gone ahead and set up a Challenge to get it rolling again.

You can access it here. Note that there's still a bit of work to be done on the thread, but I hope to be done with it within the next few days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.