main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The OC Story Dueling Circle...Come and showcase your OCs!! Important info! Pg 52

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SabyneAmberle, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_wandering_shadow

the_wandering_shadow Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    I'll go read these new ones when I don't feel like punching my fist through a wall right now. I'm so angry at everything in life right now I could just scream.

2. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    OK, i'll join this thread, and here is my addition to this challenge. It is actually part of a series, its the third installment, but you should still be able to understand it. Here is the overall: An ARC Trooper who rejected the Order 66 saved a Jedi and married her. They are continually followed by Imperial Clone Troopers who want him dead, and he is Force sensitive. They just got married. THere will be links to the presvious two there. Here it is:

EDIT:Lance Flir, Larwene, and Sarh are the OC Characters in this fic

The Rebel ARC Trooper

thanks.

3. emimar

emimar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2003
    I've got a story for the challenge this time (hope it's not too late yet). It is however, just the opening of a new story I'm writing but one I've had in mind for a long time.

The Bounty Hunter

I won't be able to vote on this one, though, as I'll be unable to print the stories out. Good luck to fellow writers!

What's up Shadow? I've not had a good week either - my friend had to get a new car because the terrentioal rain we've had messed it up. Darn weather. When will people realise that climate change is happening?

4. the_wandering_shadow

May 16, 2005
    I was wondering could there be an extra day or two added to the deadline? Here we've had several bad storms this week and then a brownout, all of which made it impossible to work on getting my story finished and typed and all.

I'll try my best to complete my story tomorrow, if not.

5. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I'll second the extension, if possible... my left arm has stopped bothering me so much, but I can still feel it in my right arm when I type. Do you have any idea how strange it is to be acutely aware of how your muscles are moving as you type? And not by my wrists, even, it's by the elbows. :p

I'll back up the freedom trolley a moment, I have bilateral wrist tendonitis, which generally means all the muscles from my shoulders down to my hands are screwed up in one way or the other. Usually they're pretty good, but something must've triggered it yesterday because I woke up and my arms felt miserable. They're doing better than they were this morning... but I'm not going to be able to type tomorrow because I work all day. The joys of a full-time job.

So yeah, I'll quit my complaining for now, but I did need to get that out of my system...

6. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    Yes, I'm still here and reading. Apparently, my ATN on this thread expired, so I wasn't getting updates.

You guys want an extension? Then by the Mighty Will of the great Mandalore, it shall be done!

How about an extra 2 days? That way, it ends Monday instead of Saturday. Is that sufficient?

7. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Works for me, athough I've just finished and as soon as it is posted will PM you and edit to put the link here.

Then tomorrow I can start reading.

Edit: Here's mine. link

8. the_wandering_shadow

May 16, 2005
    ou guys want an extension? Then by the Mighty Will of the great Mandalore, it shall be done!

Yippee!

How about an extra 2 days? That way, it ends Monday instead of Saturday. Is that sufficient?

That'll work wonderfully. Thank you :)

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I've just been reading some of the challenges people are posting with their OC's and must say how much I'm enjoying them. This thread has turned out some wonderful fics!! Yay OC's!! :) :)

10. Lord_Zeron

Lord_Zeron Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2005

That would be perfect! I've got a pretty good start on my story, but it's turning out much longer than I had planned. I was going to try to finish the ending today, but with the extra time now I can finish it without having to make it sound rushed. Thanks Sabyne.

11. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Ack I just found this challenge today - hmm, if I have time, I'll add a last minute addition tonight since the deadline is tomorrow.

Great idea!

12. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    Knocking this back up for last-minute contributions. ;)

13. Lord_Zeron

Lord_Zeron Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2005
  14. the_wandering_shadow

May 16, 2005
    Mine's finally finished and completely posted, all 10,000 words of it.

:eek:

I was even surprised the idea went on that long. No wonder I needed the deadline extended ;)

15. emimar

emimar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2003
    It seems like there's a lot of stories submitted this time, which is good to see.

16. the_wandering_shadow

May 16, 2005
    Yeah, by count there's nine of us. Should be interesting with all the good work done.

And I just had an idea, if this hasn't been done already (I checked just now, no it hasn't) Anyway there are lots of stories here, 19--I think--by this point, and I was thinking that for the convinience of people stumbling upon this thread who might want to catch up on what's been done so far, we could either use the first post (although that's a bit long, due to rules) or an index could be made, and I'd be willing to do that. List all the winners first, and add to it as it goes along, of course, then there would be the entries for Challenge 1, 2, 3, and so on, each challenge would have it's own post.

Is that a good idea?

17. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Sounds like a good idea to me.

18. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    That sounds great about the indexing. I just had to go through all the posts to dig out the submissions so I can catch up.

I've stumbled in a couple already, although not having the time to reply, my aplogies. (FYI: My replies will be up at lunchtime)

These entries just keep getting better and better. You've all done great work here.

19. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    I'd be in favour of indexing, and I'd be willing to help pull it together if Sabyne doesn't want to do all the work. :)

And everyone has such good submissions for this challenge... figuring out who to vote for is going to be a challenge in and of itself! Good work, guys. :D

20. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004
  21. Aiden_Sanic

Aiden_Sanic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2005
    I HAVE CHOSEN........................

THE BOUNTY HUNTER!

22. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Um, are those ones that were nommed or something, because my fic isn't in there...

23. the_wandering_shadow

May 16, 2005
    I think yours was just left off by accident. I thought there had been nine, and I was right. Our mistress will have to put your story's link into the 'fics to vote for' post.

24. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Cool. Thanks, please put my fic up there. Its the one called The Rebel ARC Trooper.

25. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Okay, do we just post our votes here, or pm Sabyne?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.