main
side
curve

OOC The Ocean View Cafe (Candlewood OOC)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by SirakRomar, Apr 7, 2018.

1. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    I guess everybody knows what this is about right? Any questions, speculations and chatter goes here. Enjoy.

Iteration likes this.
  2. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    As the game hasn't begun yet, I might use this thread to update all of you about pre-game stuff.

So Candlewood has a Sheriff, a tourist and a book store already. Also we got a Deputy as an NPC. Anything else is up for the taking. If anybody feels overwhelmed by that broad choice just let me know and I might gently push you into the direction of certain plot elements.

Before the game starts I will post a number of prologue posts. Just to get everyone into mood and have a few things for people to work with.

Iteration likes this.
  3. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2007
    Okay, this seems to come together quite nicely. Actually one question I got ... what is the plan? When does the game start? I saw you do not have a player cap?

4. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I will wait for a week to work on CS and begin somewhere at the weekend or Monday latest.
    Right, I don't think I need a player cap. A whole town should provide enough creepy, interesting stories for multiple players. Also I don't expect player numbers to go through the roof. I also think the game can easily pick up players along the way. People can come to town or already be there and get involved into the events of the games somehow.

Also the output so far is amazing and I am so looking forward to see this thing start!

This game is very character based (dependent), which is why I start with a slow burning prologue to get us all familiar with the town and our protagonists, before ... well before things happen.

5. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Just to clarify, this takes place during present day, correct?

6. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Yes it does.

The game begins summer 2018. Much like we do.

Reynar_Tedros likes this.
  7. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    So being sort of a hidden Co-GM on this one I will probably not be very visible, but work with Sirak behind the scenes.

Anyway, I wanted to take the chance to welcome all of you. Have great fun! To post at least something I just got the second of three prelude posts up!

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  8. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Thanks LordT! My treasured Co-GM indeed worked tirelessly behind the scene with me to make this game happen!

So, we start tonight after the third prelude post around midnight European Standard Time.

9. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
  10. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Okay, just because I have time at my hand and you guys are crazy I just decided for the next four days ... until Thursday ... I will do daily updates. Nobody feel pressured to reply at the same speed.

Also, I had a few PMs asking a few questions I think I should have answered in the OP. So here we are with the four most frequent or essential questions:

1. Do you still take players?

Always open. Don't be shy you missed anything, it is a small town but not that small. You can always arrive or get involved somehow.

I am also open to limited guest roles.

2. How many of these Episodes will there be?

Six. Then we can discuss renewal or cancellation. Like a TV show.

3. Does this game have a definite end?

Not in the sense that I would not keep on playing. Certain storylines end, but new can always begin. This game can run as long as we enjoy life in our small town.

Can player characters die?

Sure. I am not after you (also I cannot speak for everything that dwells in Candlewood), but being a horror game death is not out of question.

11. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    Oh I almost missed this!

SirakRomar likes this.
  12. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    So I have posted my CS, also I am still an update or two away from being introduced. I was tempted to do the Deputy, but she is in good hands with the GM, I'd say.

So, let's go into speculation! The Book is bad news! Haha, so much for the obvious. But if Jane vanished just because she saw it, good luck Julia and her Dad.

13. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Poor Miles just can not get rid of this parcel! [face_worried]

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2001
    Haha, seriously. I wonder how long it's going to take him to finally break down and have a peek inside. It's practically begging for him to open it. ;)

And if it does turn out to be another book, what is the connection? I'm curious to see how this plays out... [face_thinking]

15. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    So you tried to hand the curse over to your best friend [face_laugh] Truly evil!

16. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    So Sidney arrived on the scene ... so we have an evil book that seems to follow people ... and a missing beauty. And an old observatory ruin in the woods. I got a bad feeling about this, but I guess this kinda is the point. Is it?

I call the sea monster a red herring!

17. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 19, 2016
    Alright, I'm contemplating two possibilities at the moment.
    Either: We fell into parallel dimensions.
    Or: @TheSithGirly missed the last sentence of my last post.
    :p

18. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    To be honest I think she had lot seen t at all. My mistake, she waited for an approval by me. Already PMed her about it.

19. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Yes, my fault. My post ends before yours so to say ... so I will amend in my next post tonight

20. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 19, 2016
    Not to worry. I've overlooked similar things in the past. (Sirak can testify that my initial character sheet implied the murders happened far more recently than ten years ago.[face_blush])
    I simply brought it up in here because I spent the last couple days somewhat confused as to why it wasn't referenced in your last post. For all I knew it was part of a plan to split up your introduction so it wasn't too long.[face_dunno]
    :)

21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2001
    Oops. :oops:

It looks like I have some explaining to do...

22. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Haha, also Julia has not connected the dots about John earlier . . . The package obviously feels like hanging out with Miles and poor Jane we will never see again . . .

23. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Welcome on board TSG, and I am back now. Loved to catch up with the game. It reads like a novel really.

24. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Sorry for double posting, but SirakRomar asked me to let everyone know she is away til Sunday and will resume updating then again.

25. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Quick update to report back and because I am in Washington and as it game is playing in Washington ... I just had to post. [face_tee_hee]